Anybody know anything about the guy who ported this 550XP?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sounds like a run a round to me. his ebay add is filled with lies and deception. why the pics of so many different saws, as if it were one? theres a lot of pics out there of what saw mods should look like but unknowing people searching ebay that dont have a clue what it should look like wont know the difference. then the odd duck on ebay comes upon the add and says wow id like to have a saw to really impress my friends ,and clicks buy it now. there goes some hard earned cash down the toilett. i for one have reported his adds several times to ebay for false advertising and deception.

Terry in all fair ness to the guy the big hold up was the large size main bearing for the 7900 was back ordered,, and I worked online for two straight days trying to find one that size,just wasnt any as they come outa Japan. But I did find a place in AZ. that could put the balls in my bearing making it a hibred. So off it went and when it came back the dern thing just wouldnt go on the crank. So he sent a brand new one out and it came back and works just fine. He is within driving distance about 40 miles and Iv been over a couple of times and hes been over here, seems very knowledgeable to talk too. I will know one of these days I hope,,

Terry in all fair ness to the guy the big hold up was the large size main bearing for the 7900 was back ordered,, and I worked online for two straight days trying to find one that size,just wasnt any as they come outa Japan. But I did find a place in AZ. that could put the balls in my bearing making it a hibred. So off it went and when it came back the dern thing just wouldnt go on the crank. So he sent a brand new one out and it came back and works just fine. He is within driving distance about 40 miles and Iv been over a couple of times and hes been over here, seems very knowledgeable to talk too. I will know one of these days I hope,,

Just go get your saw and I will send you a muffler. I have an extra stock one.

Someone should invite this dude to the next GTG around there. Let him run a real saw and we'll see how his work changes.

If you end up needing it put back together Dennis I'll take care of it for you. I owe you one anyway.

If you end up needing it put back together Dennis I'll take care of it for you. I owe you one anyway.

Thanks Randy,, He told me last week it was all done except for the muffler,,but he was in W VA. at the hospital with his buddy that had the stroke, so far I have no reason hes not been truthfull, reason being last spring I needed the bar off the 7900 and he drove 65 miles to meet me and give me the bar for GTG in Ohio. So that says something about the man.

Thanks Randy,, He told me last week it was all done except for the muffler,,but he was in W VA. at the hospital with his buddy that had the stroke, so far I have no reason hes not been truthfull, reason being last spring I needed the bar off the 7900 and he drove 65 miles to meet me and give me the bar for GTG in Ohio. So that says something about the man.

Is he porting a 7900 for you?

Sounds like you'll get your saw back then complete.

Yes Randy he does,,, But we do talk from time to time,,,Hes in the air guard and has been doing tours inCalf and got hurt out their was in the hospt for a month. Anyway I talked with him last week and saw is all back together except for the muffler,, but its locked up in his buddys shop and he is in the hospt down in w va, He killed a huge deer with a bow and next day had a massave stroke,, now his brain is swelling and may not make it so I backed off on the saw for now. But at this point all I want is my stuff back done or not.

There's a Very short list of people that have 'gotten to' me, not counting the two that filed bankruptcy. People that end up cheating you out of your money are always 'good guys' and always have a good story. Get your saw back. Now.

Out of curiosity, how did you hear about him or get his name?

A littlr over a year ago he had a 346 listing on e bay and a telephone number with it so I called him up and he wasnt very far from ,and I had just bought a brand new 7900,
I was going to buy the 346 but it was allready gone. So asked him if he could do my dolmar and he said yes so I got directions and off I went, we talked awile and I old him I was in no hurry for the saw just do a good job and let me know when its done and i would come back and pick it up. He also said I could stop down and Husky shop in town and they would vouch for him beeening honest.. And they did so I left my saw. He had moved back home from texas to take care of his mother and I really think he means well ,,just has to many irons in the fire at this time. Time will tell.. All this happened before I was a member here,, since then I have became much more educated on the world chainsaws. Along with a lighter wallet,,,LOL Before I got on this flippen site I had one saw for 35 years,, now theirs 15 more guardin it,,,,LOL

A littlr over a year ago he had a 346 listing on e bay and a telephone number with it so I called him up and he wasnt very far from ,and I had just bought a brand new 7900,
I was going to buy the 346 but it was allready gone. So asked him if he could do my dolmar and he said yes so I got directions and off I went, we talked awile and I old him I was in no hurry for the saw just do a good job and let me know when its done and i would come back and pick it up. He also said I could stop down and Husky shop in town and they would vouch for him beeening honest.. And they did so I left my saw. He had moved back home from texas to take care of his mother and I really think he means well ,,just has to many irons in the fire at this time. Time will tell.. All this happened before I was a member here,, since then I have became much more educated on the world chainsaws. Along with a lighter wallet,,,LOL Before I got on this flippen site I had one saw for 35 years,, now theirs 15 more guardin it,,,,LOL

Wow, Over a year. Yeah stuff does come up for sure, I'd hate to know I kept someone's anything for that long. Guess it's just what I'm used to though, If I take a piece of equipment or something in to be worked on or whatever, I need it back soon. Guess that is different than playing with saws though.

I feel bad if I keep someone's saw for longer than a few weeks, even if they don't need it.

Hopefully it will all work out for the best though.:msp_thumbup:

Wow, Over a year. Yeah stuff does come up for sure, I'd hate to know I kept someone's anything for that long. Guess it's just what I'm used to though, If I take a piece of equipment or something in to be worked on or whatever, I need it back soon. Guess that is different than playing with saws though.

I feel bad if I keep someone's saw for longer than a few weeks, even if they don't need it.

It takes a long time to shave a cylinder base 1mm with a rasp. :msp_biggrin:

I do heat with wood but for 99 percent of the cuttin I do ,I only use 2 saws one is light weight and the other is lighter weight,,LOL

I just bought a pottery wheel, a two pack of bastard files and a six pack of beer, plan on using gorilla tape to hold the cylinders in place while I deck em, look out Randy, these are gonna be some high compression machines and as far as squish goes...shoot, I'll just saws all and reweld the rod with some of that JB stuff you guys are always jawing on about. I'm gonna call it a decked, stroked, smoked and joked cylinder job.

I just bought a pottery wheel, a two pack of bastard files and a six pack of beer, plan on using gorilla tape to hold the cylinders in place while I deck em, look out Randy, these are gonna be some high compression machines and as far as squish goes...shoot, I'll just saws all and reweld the rod with some of that JB stuff you guys are always jawing on about. I'm gonna call it a decked, stroked, smoked and joked cylinder job.

Just tape the piston the the wheel and make pop-ups... duhhh!

Latest posts

Back