Anybody using a laser going over job details?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForTheArborist

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I just bought this one from Baileys. I liked the idea of all of the different heads on the thing, but the only one that works in the daylight is the dot. If it were a bigger dot, I'd be better off. I might try sending it back, and ordering the other brand listed on the online catalogs.

DVC00388.jpg

I bought one from wicked lasers. I thought there would be some "wow" factor with the old ladies or the Amish I deal with. Zero. Nobody blinks an eye but it does come in pretty darn handy.
Phil

These things save my sanity!

I went nuts on a job site with this client pointing at the same branches.

Me: "That one."
PO: "No that one."
ME: "Cut it back to here."
PO:"No cut it back to there."
:cry:
The whole time we were pointing at the same branch. This guy could not just trust me. I was ready to throttle the dude.:buttkick: After that I went home and found a green laser online and ordered it. It has saved me so much time and frustration. If you are estimating don't leave home with out one. I found one here http://www.instapark.com/category/laser-pointers/. Less expensive then from Sherrill.

If you know exactly what you are pointing at and why, it is a useful tool.

If you're just guessing, it should be taken away from you.

RedlineIt

If you know exactly what you are pointing at and why, it is a useful tool.

If you're just guessing, it should be taken away from you.

RedlineIt
Please clarify. That makes no sense at all. Would it be different than pointing with your finger? If so I'm willing to give you the finger right now. In fact next time I'm not sure what I'm pointing at I'm going to give you the finger. Crazy Canadians; you always want to confiscate something.
Phil

I think customers are better off when you can just point with a neat little gadget. After the descriptions are done, they don't have to walk away thinking about how stupid that was after all of finger jousting is finished.

I wish I had asked about this before I bought up. I paid $80 out of Bailey's - $70 + 10 for 2 day delivery or something like it.

The whole time we were pointing at the same branch. This guy could not just trust me. I was ready to throttle the dude.:buttkick: After that I went home and found a green laser online and ordered it. It has saved me so much time and frustration. If you are estimating don't leave home with out one. I found one here http://www.instapark.com/category/laser-pointers/. Less expensive then from Sherrill.

Went thru that exact same scenario a couple of weeks ago for the thousandth time with an optically challenged female client in a big syc. Went right home and bought the Sherrill model. I love it and plan to try out the sight attachment for the big shot soon with the laser.

Last edited:
The place i use to work the Boss got one. I wanted to smash that thing. He would try to point out every cut. I finely told him I couldn't handle it and it was stressing me out. I sware with him on a job, it took twice as long to do a job, with that damned pointer three times as long.

Lasers are old school, wake me up when the light sabre has been invented. Been pulling an overgrown S. terebinthifolius apart for two days. Damn laser was useless!

I have run into that several times with older clients. My business partner and I joke about that all the time the, "That one" "No that one" :cheers:

Lasers are old school, wake me up when the light sabre has been invented. Been pulling an overgrown S. terebinthifolius apart for two days. Damn laser was useless!

I would laugh.But I had freaky guy work for me a few years back. He wanted to go to the Amazon forest and trim with light saber.

Said okkkk! here,s your day's pay.That and he talked to angels.:monkey:

I would laugh.But I had freaky guy work for me a few years back. He wanted to go to the Amazon forest and trim with light saber.

Said okkkk! here,s your day's pay.That and he talked to angels.:monkey:

Now see, that's the ground guy's I'm talking about. The one's I blast to smithereens with my "laser"...

165877-29144-marvin-the-martian_lar.jpg

Back