Anybody using a laser going over job details?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now see, that's the ground guy's I'm talking about. The one's I blast to smithereens with my "laser"...

165877-29144-marvin-the-martian_lar.jpg

Thanks just made me choke on my fried chicken.lmao

I would laugh.But I had freaky guy work for me a few years back. He wanted to go to the Amazon forest and trim with light saber.

Said okkkk! here,s your day's pay.That and he talked to angels.:monkey:

We could make a crew. He could work with the climber I had who said the tree he was removing was possesed by evil spirits. I finished it myself. Evil spirts and all..... Mike

We could make a crew. He could work with the climber I had who said the tree he was removing was possesed by evil spirits. I finished it myself. Evil spirts and all..... Mike

I had a good climber a few years back that wouldn't go up a tree that had a half a dozen squirrels or more running all over it. I went up and did it.

Stooooooooooner.

I had a good climber a few years back that wouldn't go up a tree that had a half a dozen squirrels or more running all over it. I went up and did it.

Stooooooooooner.

Man! Nobody likes squirrels trying to gather their nuts.And half a dozen is a lot of tree rat to fight off.lol

But I get you on the stooooooner part.

Another source for inexpensive laser pointers and other gadgets. Free shipping, but it does take a few weeks to get here.

http://www.dealextreme.com/search.dx/search.laser

Well, dang, nevermind. You can still get the low power lasers, but....

I was looking at this:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1998
a 150mW laser - that would almost do the trick in cutting the limbs off from the ground, compared to the normal 5mW lasers. Well, the US FDA had to stick their nose in, and now DealExtreme won't sell anything greater than 5mW power to the US.

Last edited:

Stooooooooooner.

I had to drop a dead stub that was around 30' tall for some neighbors a couple of weeks ago. Being that they had me over for lobster and steak last Summer I gave them an excellent price.

Anyway, I had my dad with me to pull the stub over and help out. After I dropped it I was just about to lay into it with the 361 and the lady screamed bloody murder. Scared the #### out of me! She said there is a squirrel in there. Well, one squirrel had already bailed as soon as the tree hit the ground, the tree had split and a chunk had fallen off when it came over exposing a squirrel's tail sticking out of a hollow. I was just about to make a cut where the squirrel was at in the tree. That would have gone over like a turd in the swimming pool with the lady standing right there. My dad grabbed the squirrel's tail and tried to pull it out. I grabbed my pop by the shoulder when he grabbed the squirrel's tail and said BOO! LOL, he nearly did a backflip!

Well, when he tried to pull the squirrel out half of it's tail broke off. I said no problem, I'll just make a cut further up the log and see if the squirrel will come out. Sure enough, the squirrel bailed and shagged ass. I just kept cutting from the other end since I had already started there and had three more squirrels bail from the hollow before I got to that section of the tree. I was halfway worried that there would still be one in there when I finally got to that spot and made my cut. TG they had all bailed. 4 squirrels in the same tree. That's got to be some kind of record...

I had to drop a dead stub that was around 30' tall for some neighbors a couple of weeks ago. Being that they had me over for lobster and steak last Summer I gave them an excellent price.

Anyway, I had my dad with me to pull the stub over and help out. After I dropped it I was just about to lay into it with the 361 and the lady screamed bloody murder. Scared the #### out of me! She said there is a squirrel in there. Well, one squirrel had already bailed as soon as the tree hit the ground, the tree had split and a chunk had fallen off when it came over exposing a squirrel's tail sticking out of a hollow. I was just about to make a cut where the squirrel was at in the tree. That would have gone over like a turd in the swimming pool with the lady standing right there. My dad grabbed the squirrel's tail and tried to pull it out. I grabbed my pop by the shoulder when he grabbed the squirrel's tail and said BOO! LOL, he nearly did a backflip!

Well, when he tried to pull the squirrel out half of it's tail broke off. I said no problem, I'll just make a cut further up the log and see if the squirrel will come out. Sure enough, the squirrel bailed and shagged ass. I just kept cutting from the other end since I had already started there and had three more squirrels bail from the hollow before I got to that section of the tree. I was halfway worried that there would still be one in there when I finally got to that spot and made my cut. TG they had all bailed. 4 squirrels in the same tree. That's got to be some kind of record...

We had about a dozen flying squirrels go flying out of a 55" oak tree we cut last week. Those little buggers were everywhere!

We had about a dozen flying squirrels go flying out of a 55" oak tree we cut last week. Those little buggers were everywhere!

Last week I had a squirrel choose to bail out of a hollow sycamore stub I was cutting at about 75 feet (end of Teco reach) and he did his best imitation of a flying squirrel (I have seen them fly from top to ground) all the way to the ground. He was good enough at it to be able to scurry off. His bro wasn't so luck. We found him in the hollow stub a few minutes later on the ground.

Life is all about choices I suppose.

Last week I had a squirrel choose to bail out of a hollow sycamore stub I was cutting at about 75 feet (end of Teco reach) and he did his best imitation of a flying squirrel (I have seen them fly from top to ground) all the way to the ground. He was good enough at it to be able to scurry off. His bro wasn't so luck. We found him in the hollow stub a few minutes later on the ground.

Life is all about choices I suppose.

Ain't that the truth.

I had one move up the tree as I was working onetime. This tree was like a 60' maple or something like that. No other trees around for him to bail into. I figured he would finally work up the nerve to just come down right past me. Nope, he stayed in the tree the whole time I worked it. When I got to the final leader he bailed 60' just before I dropped it. I could hear the thud when he hit the ground. I thought he was dead. He layed there for a minute then got up and limped off. He wasn't moving any to fast after he came to, I'll guarantee you that.

So does Sherrill and glad this post was on my emails this morning as I can remember to take it to a bid and use the damn thing.....thanks

I bought this one: http://www.instapark.com/laser-pointers/30mw-green-laser-pointer.html

It arrived today. Holy cow that is bright!

You can easily see the spot 50' high in a elm tree 100' away, no foliage on the tree, with the morning sun shining on the same side of the tree. I am sure that this will work for pointing out problems to customers.

I bought a supposedly high power red laser 5-8 years ago, it was useless in daylight.

The one I bought claims to have 30mw power; higher than I could find anywhere else for sale in the US. It is so bright, if you look at the spot on a light colored wall or a white piece of paper less than 30-40 feet away, you will be seeing spots for hours.

I think I am just going to pull out my pistol and use the laser sights on it to point out the problems... :monkey:

Latest posts

Back