Anyone able to identify this saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used brake cleaner on it something I seen on another post put it all back together and now starts first pull.
Amazed someone would through it away in the trash.
The cup does seem a bit worn but For now its working.
That saw was really made well.
Thank you for your response
chris.

Use no oil on the fiber washers. When working correctly, the magic fingers should extend with a 1/4 turn of the recoil pulley. Sharpen the end of the dogs with a file at about a 45 deg. angle. Chuck the cup up in your vise and prick punch every 1/16-1/8 inch around the inside. You want to displace enuff metal to reduce the inside diameter.

Lancasters are "nifty"! Pun intended! TeeHee! My husband just bought me a 1957 200A Nifty Lancaster. Just awaiting it's arrival! Since I'm left-handed, this will be an awesome saw for me to learn how to cut with!!! It's really neat-o to hear the history behind these saws. Most of my family either lives in Lancaster or close by! Also, looked at your pics, what model is your lancaster? -Michelle

Mine's a 40IL, 70+ cc's - around 4hp. late 60's, early 70's

I don't know about the "nifty" but usually saws from the earlier years are pretty simple saws.

That's the attraction for me, as I'm not real bright.

It runs really well, tho' I haven't cut with it, yet.

luck,greg

Latest posts

Back