Anyone else fired up their woodstove yet?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see the temp hot is all over NY. Worked on my fixing my deck on the weekend and must have lost 10 pounds from the heat. Real humid and no breeze. I'm not usually installing a.c.'s this late in the year.

Yeah no thanks. The sun came out today for a bit and I had to peel off to a T Shirt. Shoot 2 or 3 nights ago I had 2 sweathsirts and a winter coat on. Was about 38* but a sideways rain with the 30-40mph wind.

Frost a week ago and the stove was puffin away. Up to 18 celsius this weekend though, should be the last warm one before the long winter sets in. Walleye bite is red hot right now so one last sunny weekend in the boat with the trees blazing is by far the best time of year

Haven't finished my install of the Portage & Main Bl3444 yet. Finally got it home and mounted on the footings but haven't had time to get the piping all done yet. Hopefully I have another 5-6 weeks. $%^&*() day job is killing me for getting stuff accomplished at home!

Haven't finished my install of the Portage & Main Bl3444 yet. Finally got it home and mounted on the footings but haven't had time to get the piping all done yet. Hopefully I have another 5-6 weeks. $%^&*() day job is killing me for getting stuff accomplished at home!
It's going to get cold in the next 6 weeks. First snow around here and Iowa is usually early November. I recall a Halloween a few years back when the temp reached 0 F and nearly a foot of wet snow dropped the day before. All the spooks stayed indoors.

I am amazed that so many of my customers have not called to book a firewood delivery appointment. I have no idea what they are waiting for. Indian summer?

Been burning for a while here. Expect snow anytime now, which stucks.. make deliveries all that much harder. It seems like it's the 50* angle driveways with a sheet of ice that call in the winter too. Throwing on tire chains gets old after a while, and even all chained up I've played 40,000lbs taboggin. Still finding seat cushion in my shorts and that was 2 winters ago.

I've been way too busy with firewood all year, though really started to pickup toward the end of June. About 6 weeks out on orders right now.

First white "crunchie" grass of the year this morning & the higher lumps at the back of the property are white at the tops it's moving towards "BBBRRRR" although at the moment the big light ball in the sky is glowing

We've been really hot here. It's only been down to about 50 or so at night once or twice. We've gotten by with no ac since labor day. Open windows at night and close them up in the morning. It stays cool til it cools off outside again. It's been in the 80s til lately. We finally got about caught up on the rain too. We were really dry here. I need to hurry up and get some wood out of spots that get too wet in the winter. I may just fire up the boiler for the hot water and have it ready to go. Have plenty of wood.

Still fairly mild in England but it dips down enough overnight that I've lit the stove of an evening about 4 times now. It's burning away now. Forecast is for 14C overnight so not cold, but my daughter's bedroom was at 17C and with 65% humidity it's chilly, or it was, lounge now getting to 22C, girl's room at 19C.... Love the stove. All on a few bits of pine.

I have had the boiler running for a little over a month for DHW but had to undo the bypass for the water to air HX last night, when I got home the house was down to 62, that is to cold for my skinny azz. Was running the air Monday high in the 80's and Tuesday the high was 43 and had to turn the heat on. They are saying upper 70's to 80's again by the weekend, we shall see.

Cleaned chimneys and got things ready last weekend.

Monday night and Tuesday morning ran the stove in the basement - 37° in the morning outside.

Last night lit up the boiler. I have an overabundance of wood and it will heat the DHW.

I also heard about warmer this weekend, but cloudy and rainy.

here too for the cloudy rainy on Saturday, they lowered the highs when I looked at lunch, now low 70's they can't predict squat. oh well boiler is running better than ever after all the work over the summer, I have a lot of wood too so no worries, just didn't wanna start this soon. I'm sure not ready for the white stuff yet, and I hate the cold but "it is what it is" as WS says.

Have ran my pellet stove for two nights. Probably hold off on the OWB until temps don't get over 55 anymore.

Got a small fire going this afternoon. Burning a little bit of poplar. Didn't take long to raise the temp in the house to a comfortable level. First fire of the year.

Latest posts

Back