Anyone ever bought "new" greenteeth that weren't?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Topbuilder

Mouth breathers need not apply.
Reaction score
I have to buy new Greenteeth every year to replace the ones that are so trashed they are no longer good enough to re-tip. I also have some re-tipped every year.
So I ordered some 1100's from an authorized seller, and they are re-tips. The best re-tips I've ever seen, but re-tips.
I had to have them so I did not raise the question with the seller, who I will not mention... So while I understand that I will probably not experience any shorter life than if the bolts were brand new, I paid for brand new. That kinda chaps me.

Unless it was an error on the sellers part that is completely unacceptable. When I order new teeth, I want new teeth.

I order from greenteeth direct. They are usually on my doorstep a couple days later.

I think greenteeth would be pretty ticked off if they found on a seller was pawning off re tipped teeth as new. It's greenteeth's product reputation that is on the line.

Where do you get yours retipped and how much does that run?

Hmm, I just learned the man who I used for re-tips has passed on. https://www.meaningfulfunerals.net/home/index.cfm/obituaries/view/fh_id/11691/id/3518168
R.I.P. James Gordon.

His family must have closed the business. I do not see the website any more. Hard to believe it has been that long since I sent some out. But I guess so, I have 50 to 75 ready to go out now. I'll have to find a new source. My regular sharpener does not do re-tips.

As far as the re-tips I bought "new", I have an easier time believing they came from Greenteeth that way, than I do believing they were done in the back shop next to the rope splicing work bench.

Just to clear the air, it looks like I was wrong. The teeth I though were re-tipped were factory new. It looks like I'm using some old ('05?) stock and the manufacturing process has changed since then.

Latest posts

Back