Anyone ever cut in shorts?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, I did see one guy cut in shorts. He was a faller who'd spilled diesel on his pants, got a bad allergic skin reaction to it, and spent the rest of the day in his Jockeys and his chaps with red lube grease spread all over his legs. We were busheling, the wood was good for big scale, and when you get paid by the foot you don't stop for anything. And nobody had a camera. :(

Never cut in shorts,never gave it a thought but I know I never will. True denim will never slow a chain but between devils club, blackberries, nettles, chips, slivers, rough bark i know I never will. I am a shorts guy I wear them year around but not for cutting.

I would rather die now than never wear shorts again. I get way too hot for pants throughout most of the summer. I think my balls might sweat themselves right off if I had to wear pants in anything over 75° :laugh:

Yea, all dem yankees are like"I don't even OWN a pair of shorts"......

Like to see them make it though a southern summer without......I live in mine six months of the year:laugh:

FHS,

Whoa there big fella. Got enough of 'em 'round these parts. No need to give 'em another reason to come our way.

He was kiddin' folks. Nothing good to see or experience here.

ole joat

People who wear shorts while running a saw would probably also go to WalMart wearing sweatpants. :laugh:

Seriously though, I don't see anything really wrong with it. Especially if your shorts, your mascara, your sandels, your sleeveless t shirt, your earrings, and your false nails are all color coordinated with your saw. And don't forget to hum the "LumberJack Song" from Monty Python while you're working.

Jesus man too bad I don't have a pic of myself, but then again I suppose I asked for it. You'd probably think twice if you saw me. Didn't think I'd get all the insults, but whatever. Funny Sh$t anyway!

As for the sandals, I would guess those who don't own any aren't married and don't have kids. Before I had kids I didn't own any sandals and only a few pairs of shorts. Around here when its 90 degrees out the only guys that wear pants doing anything are old farmers.

Never cut in shorts,never gave it a thought but I know I never will. True denim will never slow a chain but between devils club, blackberries, nettles, chips, slivers, rough bark i know I never will. I am a shorts guy I wear them year around but not for cutting.

Hey man aren't you wearin shorts in your pic there? If I'm in the woods where its thick as sh$t and thorns and other crap are gonna tear me up I'll tough it out in summer in jeans. When I get home tho, my old lady keeps the thermostat so damn high no matter what time a year I'm wearing shorts!

Hey man aren't you wearin shorts in your pic there? If I'm in the woods where its thick as sh$t and thorns and other crap are gonna tear me up I'll tough it out in summer in jeans. When I get home tho, my old lady keeps the thermostat so damn high no matter what time a year I'm wearing shorts!
Ya caught me :laugh:

FHS,

Whoa there big fella. Got enough of 'em 'round these parts. No need to give 'em another reason to come our way.

On behalf of all us year-round north country hillfolk who bade farewell to our snowbirds shortly after Columbus Day, I extend my sincere gratitude.

And may the good Lord grant you patience from now through Memorial Day when you find yourself tailing a Lincoln Town Car with its right directional on - before finally turning left 25 minutes later.

Jesus man too bad I don't have a pic of myself, but then again I suppose I asked for it. You'd probably think twice if you saw me. Didn't think I'd get all the insults, but whatever. Funny Sh$t anyway!

As for the sandals, I would guess those who don't own any aren't married and don't have kids. Before I had kids I didn't own any sandals and only a few pairs of shorts. Around here when its 90 degrees out the only guys that wear pants doing anything are old farmers.

:hmm3grin2orange: I don't own any sandals but I do have a couple of pairs of sneakers with the laces long gone. :laugh: Just the thing when you peel off your calks at the end of the day for the drive home.

It gets hot here, too, and the humidity around the rice fields is a killer.

Also, I have "logger's legs"...there ain't enough unblemished hide on either one to make a decent wallet out of....waaaaaay too ugly for shorts.

And may the good Lord grant you patience from now through Memorial Day when you find yourself tailing a Lincoln Town Car with its right directional on - before finally turning left 25 minutes later.

That's funny... most here don't believe in using signals at all. Only thing I can figure is they're too cheap and think if they use a blinker, it'll burn out the bulb, and then they'll need to pay to replace it. Actually though, the locals are as bad or worse about not using signals. Maybe its the air or sumthin' around here.

Dan

:hmm3grin2orange: I don't own any sandals but I do have a couple of pairs of sneakers with the laces long gone. :laugh: Just the thing when you peel off your calks at the end of the day for the drive home.

It gets hot here, too, and the humidity around the rice fields is a killer.

Also, I have "logger's legs"...there ain't enough unblemished hide on either one to make a decent wallet out of....waaaaaay too ugly for shorts.

I picked up the shorts habit when I was hardscaping for a landscape company. We'd lay pavers for sidewalks and stacking blocks for retaining walls all summer. Thats when I first got acqauinted with a Stihl TS400. Cutting blocks are fun, but not near as fun as wood!

Anyway, when I take my boots off after wearing shorts it looks like I still got socks on from about middle of my calf to the bottom of my toe pure white, whilst the rest of my legs are tan. Those comments are worse than the shorts while sawin ones! I just gotta keep my boys breathin if I can!

That's funny... most here don't believe in using signals at all. Only thing I can figure is they're too cheap and think if they use a blinker, it'll burn out the bulb, and then they'll need to pay to replace it. Actually though, the locals are as bad or worse about not using signals. Maybe its the air or sumthin' around here.

Dan

I know when I get into rich parts of town up here cause there's not a blinker to be found. The rest of us are supposed to know where they are going!

Dan

Southerners to me are people from Massachusetts. Deep south is Connecticut.

They don't believe in turn signals either.

I picked up the shorts habit when I was hardscaping for a landscape company. We'd lay pavers for sidewalks and stacking blocks for retaining walls all summer. Thats when I first got acqauinted with a Stihl TS400. Cutting blocks are fun, but not near as fun as wood!

Anyway, when I take my boots off after wearing shorts it looks like I still got socks on from about middle of my calf to the bottom of my toe pure white, whilst the rest of my legs are tan. Those comments are worse than the shorts while sawin ones! I just gotta keep my boys breathin if I can!
I wear pants a size or 2 too big hang em from suspenders keep the leg length above ankles everytime you move you get a flow thru breeze.

Back