Anyone ever cut in shorts?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wear pants a size or 2 too big hang em from suspenders keep the leg length above ankles everytime you move you get a flow thru breeze.

Thats a good idea! Is that why you boys out there wear suspenders? Seriously, it may be dumb, but I've been wondering what thats all about in the PNW. I almost posted a thread about it once just to ask why!

I think if the topic was "Anyone ever cut in a kilt with no underwear" we'd have more fun!!

:chainsawguy:

Up here in the cool northwest its more about mobility first. Ever try to step up on a log with tight pant. Lee logger jeans were the standard very roomy in the important places. Key jeans now use the old lee logger pattern, and now Carhart is a big name past 10 years or so. Dad logged for his dad when he was young but still wore his pants cut half way between his knees and anklesHe hasnt used a chain saw in ten years and logged back in the late 50's. I wear mine a little lower but above the ankle.

Yea, all dem yankees are like"I don't even OWN a pair of shorts"......

Like to see them make it though a southern summer without......I live in mine six months of the year:laugh:

yes they do and they are all some combination of yellow, blue, read and purple plaid. it is also required that they either wear knee-length black or white socks with leather sandles.

Up here in the cool northwest its more about mobility first. Ever try to step up on a log with tight pant. Lee logger jeans were the standard very roomy in the important places. Key jeans now use the old lee logger pattern, and now Carhart is a big name past 10 years or so. Dad logged for his dad when he was young but still wore his pants cut half way between his knees and anklesHe hasnt used a chain saw in ten years and logged back in the late 50's. I wear mine a little lower but above the ankle.

That makes sense to me. I generally wear baggier pants normally, but shorter makes good sense too, when your talking like that. Thanks.

[snip]
Anyway, when I take my boots off after wearing shorts it looks like I still got socks on from about middle of my calf to the bottom of my toe pure white, whilst the rest of my legs are tan.
[snip]

yep, the inevitable white socks syndrome.
If you ever make your way to a beach (or pool) it marks you out straight away as a boy from the bush.

and yes, cutting with shorts is pretty common around here, although I do try and wear my chaps when i do it.

If you ever make your way to a beach (or pool) it marks you out straight away as a boy from the bush.

and yes, cutting with shorts is pretty common around here, although I do try and wear my chaps when i do it.

Come summer time, it's all about daily wrasslin' with Irrigation in the mud and water, and too hot and humid for jeans.

Boots and shorts is the rule here, and yes, I end up running the saws wearing shorts quite often for pruning out pest trees and Blackberry canes. Chaps go on when doing more than snipping little junk or the Blackberry canes are aggressive.

Just hose the mud off the legs, toss a Hawiian shirt on and it's time to go to town!!!:rock:

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I wear wind pants with labonville chaps over them. Steal tip boots. Fairly comfortable when warm.

Stipes real life post...

Wear em shorts,,,roll the dice....If it happens we wont see ya on here anymore and everyone gonna wonder where ya went....Then some family member comes on here cryin the blues how you bleed out....I wont fell sorry for you,,I'll feel bad for your wife and kids....

no shirt, Ocean Pacific surf shorts and real tree camo Crocs. Climbed a log pile to cut some 2 inch thick cookies from a 6" diameter red oak log so the urbanites that were visiting could have coasters for there drinks.They even took them home.
My wife loves me

Shorts - Sure from about now till April I'll be cutting in shorts.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Southerners to me are people from Massachusetts. Deep south is Connecticut.

I'll tip a jug to that... But what do you mean? Is there some deeper south than Mass and Ct?

I got shorts but no swim suit, so I swim in shorts, and I got sandals too, but they are for swimming or when it is -40 out so my feet don't sweat in boots.

But I never cut wearing either...

LOL, this reminds me of in Aug 05 after a bike crash, I wore sandals in the sun for 30 days healing up 3 busted ribs..

I was on Pine Ridge in SD. One day a little native girl commented on my bare feet, where the strapes left white skin between tan. I told her I was part raccoon.

Last edited:
The same pair?
Har-har
FHS,

Whoa there big fella. Got enough of 'em 'round these parts. No need to give 'em another reason to come our way.

He was kiddin' folks. Nothing good to see or experience here.

ole joat
No worries.post back in a month when you're azz deep in that white stuff......
On behalf of all us year-round north country hillfolk who bade farewell to our snowbirds shortly after Columbus Day, I extend my sincere gratitude.

And may the good Lord grant you patience from now through Memorial Day when you find yourself tailing a Lincoln Town Car with its right directional on - before finally turning left 25 minutes later.
Damn snow birds.....at least they leave their money:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

I cut in shorts all the time but with chaps on recently. I wear sock protectors which stop chips going in your boots. We get temps here up around 115° quite often in my area. Today was 112° here. Have attached photo of my leg tan and sock tan towards the end of summer - I wear shorts maybe 9 months of the year and have got them on now.

60inchDolmar7900404small2-1.jpg

[snip]
Have attached photo of my leg tan and sock tan towards the end of summer - I wear shorts maybe 9 months of the year and have got them on now.

60inchDolmar7900404small2-1.jpg

oi ! what's with the nancy boy long shorts ?
I thought we only used Stubbies or shorty King Gee/Hard Yakka/Bisley drills for export shots ? :monkey:

Any forum I've ever been on our US cousins go into apoplexy over the the incredible length of Stubbies. :laugh:

Last edited:
oi ! what's with the nancy boy long shorts ?
I thought we only used Stubbies or shorty King Gee/Hard Yakka/Bisley drills for export shots ? :monkey:

I was working on a galv roof once installing aircons on a plant platform in 40°C+ and didn't realise, um, one of the guys was hanging out. It got sunburnt...
I will NEVER wear those gay arsed shorts again. That was a type of pain I never want to experience again. Skin peeling off a blistered nut is NOT fun, and NOT FUN for a few weeks...

In my experience Rick those really short shorts are normally left to the realm of perverts and dirty old men hanging around the park and beach during summer ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back