Anyone ever heard of an 061 Stihl?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I

I’ve never replied on a Stihl thread before but I had to because this group is so entertaining. Anyway, I’m not a troll (I don’t think, but I’m wrenching on an 061av as I type. You want to talk about my surprise when I saw this. Now getting parts for it is another story.
I will give you $2500 for that VERY RARE saw :omg:

I will give you $2500 for that VERY RARE saw :omg:
I was hopeful this is an 061 AV because 2,500 smackers would be welcomed. However I am fully aware there was no 061 av ever manufactured. That being said I continued to dig into the faded shroud tag on the saw to discover its true identity.. I thought to myself, "could I be wrong" (my wife tells me I am all the time), so I enlisted her expertise. With the right magnifying lens and a red spotlight, she is telling me it is a 064av and that the rest of the 4 is completely worn off the metal identification tag. It cannot be a 066av because there are no round edges on the left side of the third number. When the sun comes up today I wil continue to dig deeper. Anyway, is there anyway other than the metal identification tag on the shroud of the saw to identify the model #?

I was hopeful this is an 061 AV because 2,500 smackers would be welcomed. However I am fully aware there was no 061 av ever manufactured. That being said I continued to dig into the faded shroud tag on the saw to discover its true identity.. I thought to myself, "could I be wrong" (my wife tells me I am all the time), so I enlisted her expertise. With the right magnifying lens and a red spotlight, she is telling me it is a 064av and that the rest of the 4 is completely worn off the metal identification tag. It cannot be a 066av because there are no round edges on the left side of the third number. When the sun comes up today I wil continue to dig deeper. Anyway, is there anyway other than the metal identification tag on the shroud of the saw to identify the model #?
Do not worry about the metal tag just post a pic of the saw.

I

I’ve never replied on a Stihl thread before but I had to because this group is so entertaining. Anyway, I’m not a troll (I don’t think, but I’m wrenching on an 061av as I type. You want to talk about my surprise when I saw this. Now getting parts for it is another story.
Without a pic, no one on here will ever believe you.

Well Bill, I could tell you I had, add any saw or product here, and without pics you probably would not believe me and most other members on here feel the same way, no pics, never happened.
My post was totally nonsensical because my keyboard decided to have a China fart and go rouge. I have now switched to an old one.

As for pics they are always a GREAT THING.......well not big booty Judy though

We can certainly agree to do that.

My curiosity is piqued though. I think I will call on the 081 the guy has for sale and see if in fact it is an 081 or a misprint. After all it was early 90's when I saw the saw in question. I do remember being told that it was a rare saw that originally came with a bow saw on it and was used for a specific application, though I don't remember what that was. If I remember correctly it had to be modified to accept a regular bar. Wasn't my saw though so my memory is not 100% on the saw.
Iam looking for gas tank for mine 061 in South Carolina.

Anyone ever get any pics of the "Uber Rare Stihl 061" :ices_rofl:

I think it is like the folks that claim they have a "510" which is actually a S-10

Latest posts

Back