anyone have one of these tank vents to measure??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam08ski

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hi there,

Does anyone know the diameter of these Stihl ms170/180 series tank vents?

I have a 262xp over here in the UK that needs a new tank vent. Cannot find an OEM one here and a vent from over in the US is costing around $22 upwards...

I can get these OEM Stihl ones for £5. And if they fit the vent bore in the tank assembly then these will work a treat and not leak like the 254/262's do..

upload_2017-7-12_13-19-45.png

I'm not very familiar with a wide range of saws.....But...

What I do is put my vent in the air box and drill my own hole on 3 series Husqvarna otherwise I have problems on top of problems. Winter they freeze and summer they plug as fines get drawn down the line with moisture. The 372 works good without the 90 fitting and line in the summer and easy to blow out when it's convenient. They seem to self clean through vibrations it seems. Unfurtuatley its less protected in the winter.

Icould use the existing hole with the 372 and Silicone the green 90 fitting in so it doesn't fall out like they always do but I just appoxy the old hole and drill through the bottom plate and the tank with a long bit on a back angle slightly. Then make the plate hole bigger to protect the line. You can silicone to keep dust out for furture protection or put in a/the rubber grommet. Make sure the hole is snug then it won't leak. The hole is on top now (if possible) so leaking is less of a concern. Silicone for insurance if you please. You may only have to take the tank part way off to do it to make room for the line. Cut the line on a long sharp angle and grease it. Forceps are a real nice thing.
That's what I would do.

Hi there,

Does anyone know the diameter of these Stihl ms170/180 series tank vents?

I have a 262xp over here in the UK that needs a new tank vent. Cannot find an OEM one here and a vent from over in the US is costing around $22 upwards...

I can get these OEM Stihl ones for £5. And if they fit the vent bore in the tank assembly then these will work a treat and not leak like the 254/262's do..

View attachment 590282
Adam, a week or so ago these were on ebay with poulan #530026119 , stens # 610-345 . The length was shown to be 0.42" , flange 0.2" , neck 0.15" . The picture looked the same . $2.02 .

Adam, a week or so ago these were on ebay with poulan #530026119 , stens # 610-345 . The length was shown to be 0.42" , flange 0.2" , neck 0.15" . The picture looked the same . $2.02 .

Wow they are small!! Think I'll have to recheck my ideas. Thanks for the info!

Back