Anyone have the Logosol log molder?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deeker

Tree Freak
Reaction score
I am probably going to buy one, and convert it to run on my Norwood LM2000 bandsaw mill.

Square the logs, then slide them further down the bunks and run the molder over the logs. Then to the log home.

My other option is a massive and I mean MASSIVE molder. But I lack the property to put it all on as of yet.

033.jpg

And the side view.

031-1.jpg

It weighs over 22,000lbs. I don't know about this option.

What do you guys think?????

Thanks

Kevin
Ruff Cutts

Hey were is that? If you don't want it it could go in, what my girlfriend calls, "my collection of really heavy crap".

Seriously, that thing just looks too big-to me anyway...

i'm bored...so here is a harebrained Idea...get an old belt drive shaper, and a really big set of roundover bits...pull the stand off of the shaper, flip it upside
down, mount in a swingmill style carriage, set up a little dead deck and go to town..size the logs on the mill and slide em down to the SwingShaper...think of it as a really huge router bridge...come to think of it that would be a good addition to Aggies' monster mill...could flatten the daylights out of those big slabs....and quick...heh..or make really huge router signs...

Like I said, i'm bored.

Last edited:
I don't have any experiance with the logosol moulder but I do have the DVD they send out that shows it in action. Looks pretty good. Check out the website and they send you one if you don't have it already. I'd say for the 2-3 grand it cost, it's gonna be way more effiecent than the giant in the pix.
http://www.logosol.com/_sawmills/accessories/loghousemoulder.php

I don't have a logosol but have worked with one and they do a fine job.
The massive machinery is nice to look at and ponder it working but it can have some problems that we don't think about in these days and times. In it's heyday it done the job and was expensive to own, needless to say it was run and run hard. These old monsters have Babbitt bearings and cast parts that are not easy to find. They could have hair line cracks in the castings that don't show unless the are placed on a different surface and allowed to settle. Unless you or someone you are friends with can pour Babbitt and weld cast I would stay clear of the old massive machinery.

Back