anyone know what this is?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks. got me looking in the right direction. looks just like the C-51 thru C-91 saws. anyone know how to tell the difference? seller has no clue, and the data plate is apparently blank.

That looks a lot like my Homelite Big Blue did at one time:
1700512246597.png
I still have it but seldom use it due to a bar oil leak that is virtually unfixable. The guy that owned it before me used it until he died. The saw has thus outlasted him.

That looks a lot like my Homelite Big Blue did at one time:
View attachment 1129326
I still have it but seldom use it due to a bar oil leak that is virtually unfixable. The guy that owned it before me used it until he died. The saw has thus outlasted him.
looks completely different to me. recoil unit, filter cover..

It is not a C5, C51, or C52, C9, C91.. It is probably a C7. Just have the owner take a piece of kids chalk and wipe it across the model plate on the recoil. Do it a few times, rub it in, and see what appears.

is the round starter the Fairbanks Morse I've read about today? my pic looks like either a C-72 or a C-91, just from looking at photos. just conjecture as I know nothing of these.

Well guys I am not really a Homelite guy but that really looks like a Super 1050, I have only seen two like it in all my days of working on and running saws, the recoil is what reminds me of one.

Well guys I am not really a Homelite guy but that really looks like a Super 1050, I have only seen two like it in all my days of working on and running saws, the recoil is what reminds me of one.
Thought that at first but the clutch cover is not right. Starter cover, fuel tank and air filter cover are the same.

Attachments

• 1050 5-21-10 007.JPG
    1050 5-21-10 007.JPG
    384.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 1050 5-21-10 008 res.jpg
    1050 5-21-10 008 res.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 0
I don't believe there is room for the clutch on other covers. Maybe someone made other changes?
I think the muffler has been bastersized so possibly other things have been changed. My late FIL ran only Homelites for 30 or so years cutting comercially and he was the only one using them in our families, my exposure to that make is quite limited so as always I defer to those that know more. The starter recoil on his 1130G looked similar to the 1050S.

I think the muffler has been bastersized so possibly other things have been changed. My late FIL ran only Homelites for 30 or so years cutting comercially and he was the only one using them in our families, my exposure to that make is quite limited so as always I defer to those that know more. The starter recoil on his 1130G looked similar to the 1050s.
looks like they left the inside half of the stock muffler on and added a muffler from another model.

It's most likely any one of the 10XX, 2000, XP series. The clutch side is all wrong.

The clutch cover looks like a C series cover and the muffler a MacGyver job.

If the insides are all good, it's going to be a power house.
buzz sawyer above says the regular clutch cover won't fit on the 1000,2000 and XP series. if this was nearby, I'd go look but it's a pretty good drive. there's a Super XL925 in the same town but can't get a response from them.

Here are some pic's for a c71, XP1020, and a super 1050a.
The pointer in the pics indicate the differences in each saw, although the clutch covers and starter covers all look to be interchangable. It looks like your saw has the brass screw on the right side like the super 1050a. The carb adjuster screws are another identifier that may help you. I hope this helps your search.
Erik.

Attachments

• 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 005.JPG