Anyone remember the 240SE?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Icedogs28

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
maybe saw troll? this saw is a 1974 or 75 apparently my father in law had it rebuilt a few years ago, it ran great until the electronic ignition went out... (this is all his story) so... does anyone on here have an ignition? or know someone who does? any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks guys

I'd say the age of the saw is close to correct. The 240 se was released in 1975. It in my opinion was the step in the right direction of how a 40-50cc saw should handle and perform. At around the same weight of a modern 346xp it filled a gap much like the 353 did. It offered solid performance at a decent price point. These saws are very well matched with a 16inch b&c. I'd love to have a chance at any of the smaller 2--series saws. Dependable and comfortable tools every time I've used one. That being said the saw sucks you should mail it to me and I'll pay for shipping:msp_biggrin:

Nice to see these around. Rep your way.

Yep! sure do have a 240S, 240SE, 240SG. What is the SN? YM is in SN. Coil PN: 501-4925-01 NLA. Best bet is a parts saw w/spark. 240S has points won't work. 240SE has a trigger module PN: 501-4956-01. The module may be the problem not the coil. Haven't tried it but a Nova module might work.
Shep

just bumping this thread up.. still have had no luck finding a coil for this saw. someone on this HUGE webiste has to have one or know someone who does haha. any tips would be greatly appreciated as i am trying to get this saw running for my father in laws birthday! thanks guys

just bumping this thread up.. still have had no luck finding a coil for this saw. someone on this HUGE webiste has to have one or know someone who does haha. any tips would be greatly appreciated as i am trying to get this saw running for my father in laws birthday! thanks guys

What about chainsawr, they're a site sponsor. Have many different used parts, have a look.

I mounted a coil from a junk McCulloch Titan 40 I had onto an early Husky 44 (which probably has a similar ignition layout as your saw) and it worked out fine.
I needed to change the original flywheel position by deleting the flywheel key and rotating the flywheel counterclockwise to compensate for the different pickup location. You'll also need to drill and tap mounting holes in the case, and the high tension wire needs to be routed differently.
Its a bit of work,but certainly doable.:msp_wink:

Can't help without the SN!!!!!! SN SN???????
Shep

Was looking through old threads and found this. Somehow I missed the last few responses. Thank you very much ncfarmboy, adirondackstihl, and jockeyduce. I will get the SN next time I'm at my father inlaws. I'll also contact that website. Thanks again guys!

Back