Anyone seen Cape Trees? Need wood!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
First time in my life have to buy wood. Back and age have finally caught up to me. Need a long break from the back meds too! Been on em for 21 yrs after a drunk driver hit me head on and blew out the 2 lower discs( like TBone's back). Anyway....have 3 cords left over from last winter, but this one's suppose to be a doozie. Oaks are loaded with acorns and the swamps are all up there. Old timers knew the signs after generations and know first hand from a life in the woods and Commercial fishing it's true.

First time in my life have to buy wood. Back and age have finally caught up to me. Need a long break from the back meds too! Been on em for 21 yrs after a drunk driver hit me head on and blew out the 2 lower discs( like TBone's back). Anyway....have 3 cords left over from last winter, but this one's suppose to be a doozie. Oaks are loaded with acorns and the swamps are all up there. Old timers knew the signs after generations and know first hand from a life in the woods and Commercial fishing it's true.

IM always a year or more ahead. Had 2 bad winters and an injury 4-5 yrs ago, had never even bought a pc of camping wood, had to bite the bullet and buy a load of logs, met a real good logger that sold top logs and for the price of 1 month of fuel oil had a years worth of logs and got back on track. So don't feel bad you will be glad in the long run. Take care.

Or just tag him...

@capetrees
Thanks CF!! But you can't leave CT a PM! will have to call him! Been looking for other dealers too. one I know here. Elusive though. and Town recently made him leave his shack down Plymouth Beach. Real Bogus maneuver. Town is run by city people now and they hate us natives! Trying to price us out! Doing a good job of it! Most have left. Shame too as this is one pumped place. Growing up it was something. Now too many people!

Wistled Scag down while he was driving by over my Buddy's Veggie and fruit stand Sunday. Told Bobby and I we can have all the wood we want end of the month...... What a SERIOUS relief! Will be in much better shape by then! 21 years on the pills burning wood full time and getting it myself has taken it's toll. But the Good Lord is healing this ole Wretch once again! Unreal....!

Sounds like you are a prime candidate for a pellet stove or switch to anthracite coal. I have lost a lot of customers to pellet stoves.

Latest posts

Back