Anyone try a Black Diamond Log Splitter?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4 way splitting is not recommended on any of these type of splitters with the harder Aussie hardwoods. It'll just break something.
Works fine as a two way splitter though. $1500 here in Vic without the electric start which you don't need anyway. They start easily enough.

yes Chippy mine a good starter and does a good job
I SORTA WISH ID BOUGHT THE 50 AS IT HAS A LIFTING TABLE BUT I BUILT MY OWN SOKAY I GESS

I'll agree the two stage pump was an improvement, but it is based off a lot older concept of high/low hydraulic systems. I think you have it backwards tho about smaller cyl and less hp getting the job done. The advantage of the two stage pump is it allows one to use a larger cyl and more flow at low pressure for speed while using a smaller engine and less flow and higher pressure to provide force.
The one thing that decreases cycle times more than anything else is a larger diameter piston rod shaft.(if all else is the same from one splitter to the next) You're just moving less oil on retraction therefore shorter retraction time.

Stick up a photo of your lifting table setup.

Sounds like you might be onto something there I'd be interested in for sure.
i need to build a lifting table also does anyone have a link to a site were you can get most of the parts? i have a 25 ton black diamond it very hard to start when it 15 f but it is great does what it posta do

Thinking of building a lift table like Red describes on the same splitter. Photos etc would be good.

Back