Anyone use GB bars and chains from leftcoast?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wanna be

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Found this site and I can get an 18 inch bar and chain for my husky for $27. Bars look cool, just wondering if anyone has any experience with them good or bad.
Thanks

Yep, GB makes some quality bars. The titanium CN40 bars are top notch. Just bought two new ones from LCS...Gregg is a good guy to work with!

2015-11-10-21-08-52-jpg.460323

I have a GB hard nose on my Husky 372 and works great. One of the best bars I've had in 40 years of cuttin'

GB bars seem to run just fine on my Husqvarna saws, and LCS is great to deal with.

I have a GB bar on my 288 and it's been great. Bought supplies from LCS and they're equally top shelf. Buy it from them with confidence.

LCS is great. Considering they were completely screwed by Baileys in Laytonville, they have done a great job in relocating to Willits and ramping up in their new diggs. I have several Oz made GB bars and I like them a lot. They have a flatter profile than Stihl bars (less oval) and make better and straighter face and back cuts. They are also rather indestructible. I have bent GB Pro Top bars pinched in trees, and bent them back into shape and you cannot even tell they were bent!

Note that there are differences in GB bars now though. Pro Top, Titanium, Lucas Mill, double ended, extra long and harvester bars were and are all still made in Oz. The bearings are all made in Switzerland. The other bars are made in China. I have never run a Chicom GB bar so I cannot comment on them. GB Machinery (in Hangzhou, China), is owned by Tom Beerens (the B in GB). They had been making a lot of bars, and as I understand it, they had an inventory overstock issue, which is why they are so cheap (they are unloading them). We also have been getting GB bars here in the states cheaper than they do in Oz, even before the AU Dollar tanked. Now that the US dollar is so strong, that helps to drive prices down further on these imports.

I just bought 2 bar and chain combos from LCS and yes they do ship to canada! I live in northern BC and it only took a week for them to arrive! As for the bars, I got a 32 CN40 titanium and it's really light and works great, although I did have to run some sandpaper down the bar because it was too tight for the chain to fit properly. Easy fix though, and I'm very satisfied with the bar! I also got an 18 Arbor Pro and that bar is also very light and works great! The chains are just as good as any other. I highly recommend the LCS bar and chain combos, especially for the amazing prices!

I just bought 2 bar and chain combos from LCS and yes they do ship to canada! I live in northern BC and it only took a week for them to arrive! As for the bars, I got a 32 CN40 titanium and it's really light and works great, although I did have to run some sandpaper down the bar because it was too tight for the chain to fit properly. Easy fix though, and I'm very satisfied with the bar! I also got an 18 Arbor Pro and that bar is also very light and works great! The chains are just as good as any other. I highly recommend the LCS bar and chain combos, especially for the amazing prices!
Good to know! It looks like good quality stuff

Back