Anyoner own Redmax saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, most of them are now red Husky saws, but the 4000 and 4500 are true Redmax saws. My buddy has a 4500 and it's a ripping little saw. Another guy here has a 3100t top handle from them which is good, but is discontinued....however it is an Efco 132s with a different sticker.

I think the Red Max 5300 is the same as the 353 Husky. Not sure of the others.

I have a Sears Professional (GZ 4000) and same saw Ryobi 40cc and I have used both to cut much bigger wood than they were made to cut. They are nice little saws. I call the Sears Yellow Max.

I have the 4000 and like it a lot. It is light, starts easily, and it cuts a long time on a tank of gas. I have a 14" bar with 3/8 lo pro chain. It actually came with an 18" bar on it.

Never owned one, but I've ran one a few hours before. It was a smaller saw, but seemed to work quite well. I remember it being like a Husky ( Like Jonsered) I believe Husky owns them so that's probably why lol

Seems like a cheaper Husky to me, but all the same, the one I used was quite good.

I've tried the Redmax GZ7000 for a few hours...

A buddy of mine picked up a 67cc GZ7000 Redmax saw 2 years back. It's a decient performer, but seems a little heavy for it's engine size @ 14.7Lbs.
I Can Tell you that it Does not have quite the huevo's of the 372-(talking both being factory stock saws of course.) The muffler sounds quite stifiling to me.
I also am not sure if the build quality is on par with a Pro husky or Stihl. Time will tell I Guess. He Got it @ a sale price of $629.00 which is reasonable provided
it holds up. The dealer convinced him it was a pro saw that is on par with the 372/441 and is made by Husqvarna just like the Jonsered Brand.

Anyone own a redmax saw? Looking for some feedback on how they perform.

just got the RedMax 7100 from a friend that's a dealer he finally talked me into one I'll be honest I was skeptical at first I've ran many different saws mostly Stihlbut I'll let you know right now I'm definitely a fan of this new RedMax plenty of power the simplicity nice cutting saw and I can feel my hands after I'm done cutting cut for over 4 hours no numbness in my hands can't wait to try it in the dead of winter super cold weather will repost then how she starts then so far fan

just got the RedMax 7100 from a friend that's a dealer he finally talked me into one I'll be honest I was skeptical at first I've ran many different saws mostly Stihlbut I'll let you know right now I'm definitely a fan of this new RedMax plenty of power the simplicity nice cutting saw and I can feel my hands after I'm done cutting cut for over 4 hours no numbness in my hands can't wait to try it in the dead of winter super cold weather will repost then how she starts then so far fan
372xp in red. Great all around 70cc saw.

Back