Apology to AS Members

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis

Arboristsite MVP
Reaction score
Hey all, I need to apologise to a bunch of members. Over the course of July I have been very busy with the log show, some family issues, but most of all personal illness...I haven't been around to answer calls, return calls or emails, and most of all meet deadlines...

the other thing I haven't been doing is paying attention to our site here...

I am at home again today, in bed for the most part. I am hoping that this is the last of the problems that have been hitting me. This morning at the docs I had a wave of what we think is heat stroke hit me...vomiting, dizziness, etc...

I will contact the people with the saws on my bench personally when I get back to my computer this evening hopefully...gotta go lie back down...

Dennis

Hey Dennis,

Hope you get better soon..Heat stroke sucks I have had it once before believe me I know the feeling..Get well soon man..I'm sure everyone else understands what your going through

Rob.

Hi Dennis, sorry to here of your problems. I just figured you were too busy to be goofing off here. I know how debillitating heat strke can be, I`ve also been afflicted. From what I understand, a persons body becomes more prone to heat stroke after the first episode so be careful. I have a tendency to feel it most when I "pak up" and run into a burning building. My doctor says I should be more concious of this because it`s dangerous. Do ya think? LOL. Anyway, here`s to a speedy recovery and a healthy future.

ps:sorry if I sound like an armchair expert to some of you guys(you know who you are). I`ll try harder not to disrupt your notion of the universe and how things are.

Russ

Never mind the saws Dennis. Everyone will understand and agree that your health is more important.
Get well soon!

Hey Dennis, hope you feel better

Too much Molsons has the same effect on the body as heat stroke also.

Or in Fish's case, too much Schlitz

sorry to hear about u troubles dennis. man life can sure seem to dish out pure pickle at times, huh...this to shall pass brother. good luck.

I've been feeling almost the same way, puked my guts out a coupla days ago, didn't feel like doing anything. Take it easy.

Robert

Oh, I see, looking for more creative ways of getting attention! My knee went out on me today, but only for a little while, but then again, this isnt about me, but I always swing it around that way.
Remember, health is wealth, all else is mud!
Hope you get better soon Dennis.
P.S., where is my 2186 I sent you over 7 months ago? Get at it, and get to it! You lil truffle hound.
John Boy

Last edited:
i thot thatus the one husky said done been delivered to his house . said he didnt know where it come from . but was a sure fine saw, while it lasted. . i spect hed let most anybody have whus left of it. said it was a fine saw when it dropped off the brown truck tho. but 3 shifts a day fer 6 months,ud probably take the measure of any ofum. oh well coulda been annudin. jes nevermind. yall have a pleasant nite.:)

Gosh, I thought you were going to apologize for Gypo...

Your body is supposed to be like 98% water, and you need to have enough in it. As I'm sure the doc has told you, beer ain't gonna do it either. You probably already got the lecture, though, eh? I was there once too, and the doc made sure I got read the riot act.

So I'm gonna enjoy this tall glass of dark lager for you (ain't I nice guy!), and wish you a week of cool weather to help you recuperate.

Salud!

Cheers to you Tony, hope we get to cut some wood together sometime, I have never been to your neck of the woods. If you show me how to be a decent sort, I will show you how to type.
John

Oh, I almost forgot, last year I almost cold cocked myself with a 5 ft. circumpherence Rock Maple when I had heat exhaustion, freakin tree grabed a big Beech and teetered 12 ft off the ground on an upper limb, butt sliding back, heavy danger! Wrap water soaked t-shirt around knoggin, works great.
John

Hey Guys- I hope Dennis and you others take it easy when things like heat stroke and/or illness come up in the summer time. I've watched too many people do themselves real damage out on the fireline under intense heat and pressure. The sad thing is that it gets harder as you get older not to keep pushing yourself.

john ,thatus pure, edge o the blue ridge,
mill hill lingo.... kinda like a foriegn language, i know...
tell u what.. . u get dn ,i would hope u would show me some tricks and ways o gettin things done,,, in the tree work.,as until i found this site,, everything i did was strictly somethin i figured out rite on the spot.
as to typing,,,brother ,,,even u couldnt teach mee that... but i do appreciate it,, if u tolerate my scriblings... if some dont ,,,that be their choice.
lest it not be clear... my grown kids have college degrees and some are well on their way to financial security.... its just dad,,, thats mill hill bred,, and country fried... wouldnt have it no other way... u can bet they have tried.
hope this is a better day for u dennis.
:):) ps aint asking for tolerance for bragging on my kids. they are my weakness and a major source,,of strength. but they not my primary source of strength . some knows what i mean.sorry for going on ,,dennis this is your thread.i appologise.

Last edited:
Just reading your posts, makes my head hurt, again.

Got bad heat stroke twice,...never, never again.
Was horribly sick for three days the last time, took almost a week to start feeling normal.

Used to compete in Olympic style weight lifting. Now with one bad shoulder, and two knee operations, I wear my 'muscle around my waist'. Learning to take it easy.

Take care. It takes time, rest & fluids.

Last edited:
I havent been posting as much either, seems every morning I wake up with a headache but you don't see me pissin and moning about it. Just get back to work Dennis and drink lots of fluids, I do.

Latest posts

Back