Arbitration vs. the courts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canyonbc

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I am pretty sure that Health care and other companies use this. But have in the small print a waiver you sign giving up your rights to sue and can only go to arbitration and mediation..

Does any one use this? Or know anything about this?

Mike
Canyon Brush Clearing

The dry cleaning industry here has had it for years. If you give them the work you agree to binding arbitration by a pannel of thier peers.

It would be best to talk to a lawyer about that first before putting it in the contract.

Why do you think you need this? It seems that the main goal of arbitration is to prevent really large settlements from juries. Arbitration will still cost money, and you still are liable if you loose. If you are negligent and break something or someone gets hurt, arbitration or not you are going to have pay. In addition, your insurance company would have to be on board, since they are the ones who will foot the bill if you loose the arbitration. Buy enough insurance that you feel safe and leave the legal stuff to the insurance company; they have lawyers that will defend you.

IF I am a clent having some one do any work on anything I won form a chainsaw to ahome I would NEVER sgin anything like that as it gives upo my right to recourse if you do soemthing wrong or cuase damage . .

As Muchas law suits can seem a real PITA very few pay oput millon . But Ifyourgoing to do a job be insured and if mess up own up to it be responsbile I am not saying you personally but any one who thinks they can get out of being sued if they mess up I doubt it would be legally binding I would consult a attorney versed in liablity and civiltort .
Best bet be insured and show proof to a cleint .
Think about it would you sign it ?

Back