Arborjet

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jace

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a couple of questions concerning the use of arborjet equip.
I'll start with this...:

Isn't it fine to use other chemicals(insecticides & fungicides) asside from arborjet brand, inside/thru their injection systems?

I would think it would be fine especially provided the formulation is the appropriate dilution, if necessary.
just my thinking....

anyone....?

Last edited:
Yeah...if you are using the correct dosing of a chemical labeled to be injected I don't see why you could not use their delivery system.

Yeah...if you are using the correct dosing of a chemical labeled to be injected I don't see why you could not use their delivery system.

Want I am wanting to use is "Reality" brand "permethrin" insecticide for oak borrers (& pine borrers on 1 tree)It is labeled for spraying for them on the trunk, but doesn't say anything about injections as far as I can tell. I'll try to find out more ....

Thoughts?

Last edited:
If a product is not labeled for a given method of application, then you are using the product in "violation of the label". In most states (check your's) the label is law, therefore you would be in violation of the law. Tree-age (sold by Arbor-jet, made by sygenta) has received a new label, the borers you're after may be on that new label.

If the chemical effectively treats a pest with a bark spray, why would you want to drill into the tree anyhow? Besides being illegal to use a product in a way it is not labeled, it may not work, and worse case it may damage (kill?) the tree.

If a product is not labeled for a given method of application, then you are using the product in "violation of the label". In most states (check your's) the label is law, therefore you would be in violation of the law. Tree-age (sold by Arbor-jet, made by sygenta) has received a new label, the borers you're after may be on that new label.

If the chemical effectively treats a pest with a bark spray, why would you want to drill into the tree anyhow? Besides being illegal to use a product in a way it is not labeled, it may not work, and worse case it may damage (kill?) the tree.

Thank you for the comments.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back