Are high perfomance saw guys into other high performance stuff?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW, I still have that 81 RM465, 465cc"s of air cooled two stroke, I bet that mill would make a very interesting hot saw!
I wonder if a person could hold on to such a monster when it comes on the pipe? Hmmmmmm.

Here is one of my Hipo toys.
1969 Mustang Mach1 428SCJ, DragPack, 4 Speed,
3:91 rear, Acapulco Blue, Black interior, Restored
to the nuts just the way it rolled of the line in 69.
All work done by myself except paint.

Also own a 2006 Ski Doo MachZ RT1000
Fastest out of the box sled ever produced
175 HP, Iv'e seen 121 on GPS on snow.

Lee

69MustangSCJBlue006.jpg

69MustangSCJBlue003.jpg

69MustangSCJBlue002.jpg

Thats way cool!!!! Old big blocks flat out rule! if you have never ridden in one, you would"nt understand!
awesome stang!!!

BTW, I still have that 81 RM465, 465cc"s of air cooled two stroke, I bet that mill would make a very interesting hot saw!
I wonder if a person could hold on to such a monster when it comes on the pipe? Hmmmmmm.

I saw Mike Sullivan run his RM465 hotsaw at Louisville in '94. 5 compression releases...

I actually think it Full Floater suspension could easily hang with anything out there. I still prefer my two-strokes. I've got a 2002 YZ250 that just dusts the 450's on any decent straight. Far and away the fasted 250 I've ever touched - a true freak.

I actually think it Full Floater suspension could easily hang with anything out there. I still prefer my two-strokes. I've got a 2002 YZ250 that just dusts the 450's on any decent straight. Far and away the fasted 250 I've ever touched - a true freak.

LOL Most of my friends are smarter than me and won't get on The DEATH Machine I own. It's just a 99 KX250 with a ported 300 kit on it... :hmm3grin2orange:

A few, well all of my buddies that got the 4 stroke 450ish cc bikes hate it when I walk on em:bowdown:

It's way more than I can keep under control some times. I've had it roost right out from under me in fifth gear, on a logging road. Thank god for gear huh?

05 V-ROD only has a few mods, pipes and powercommander. one check away from a turbo and I got a VERY expensive ticket and other punishments deemed necessary by the court system. Oops.

Little 92 hatch with a H22 out of a 98 prelude. 14.3 with some pretty ugly 60ft times.

90 wrangler on 36" swampers waiting for me to put a 4.0 in. Blew the little 4cyl after having a bit much {throttle in a bottle}.

That's most of what I have now, most of my guns are fairly stock.

Just a gearhead like most on here:cheers:

Bill
Yeah most things get modded here too:cheers:

husqvarna 288xp X3 , 2005 Yamaha FZ6 (wheelies can start @ 100km in 2nd gear if law allowed:laugh:). 2002 Ski-doo Legand 600SE , love that two stoke sound & smell

The four stroke has driven people out of Moto-Cross.

Pop used to be able to put a top end on juniors 85 or 125 pretty easy. It takes a second mortgage to freshen the top end on a new four-stroke.

JMHO....

How so? Piston and rings and get a resleeved cylinder on exchange. About $200 bucks and they last 5-10 times longer.

06 YFZ - Took the win that day.
normal_Polkadots_%2886%29.jpg

Sorry love posting racing pics...
normal_polkadotsz_%2814%29.jpg

This used to be mine too, until I sold it to buy some carpeting for the house...
normal_Picture_208.jpg

How so? Piston and rings and get a resleeved cylinder on exchange. About $200 bucks and they last 5-10 times longer.

06 YFZ - Took the win that day.
normal_Polkadots_%2886%29.jpg

Sorry love posting racing pics...
normal_polkadotsz_%2814%29.jpg

This used to be mine too, until I sold it to buy some carpeting for the house...
normal_Picture_208.jpg

You completly forgot about the head and valves, which under racing conditions should be redone every 5-6 hrs, you wont do that for the price of around 4 or 5 top end jobs on a two stroke. Maybe you forgot to put the head back on. Lol

You completly forgot about the head and valves, which under racing conditions should be redone every 5-6 hrs, you wont do that for the price of around 4 or 5 top end jobs on a two stroke. Maybe you forgot to put the head back on. Lol

Sorry the yfz has titanium valves that don't need to be redone, guess I was tuning that part out... Can't recall what I had done to the head, but it involved a few new seals and some hollow pins and was $50. It ran fine w/out the head on though:ices_rofl: And I only redo it once a year... guess I am cheap.

Little 92 hatch with a H22 out of a 98 prelude. 14.3 with some pretty ugly 60ft times.

Ugly 60 footers, LOL, I bet.
If I can't toast the tires through all gears in my fun car with 16" slicks I'm just not a happy camper. My best record all acceleration is 890 feet of dual black marks. I remember now that was with 10" slicks.

Last edited:
are you really gona start the 4stroke vs 2 stroke war? especially on a chainsaw site?

a 4 stroke topend "lasts 5-10 times longer" and is cheaper, with all those extra moving parts, how couldnt it be! :)
lets not even start with the power todisplacement ratios on the new thumpers vs the old dinosaur banshees or the conversation might get turned into suspension geometry and all that bs as it always does when this topic comes up anywhere
at least its a yamaha,,ill give you that:greenchainsaw:
totally different machines, for totally different styles of riding, modern 4 strokes, and 2 strokes they are all fun in their own ways

Last edited:
Here is one of my Hipo toys.
1969 Mustang Mach1 428SCJ, DragPack, 4 Speed,
3:91 rear, Acapulco Blue, Black interior, Restored
to the nuts just the way it rolled of the line in 69.
All work done by myself except paint.

Fabulous Mach-1 Lee. It's not surprising to me that you're an FE man...:cheers:

I have a kx500 and a yz450f both stock. On the track the 450 has an edge due to usable power. However, on a long stretch it will not nearly keep up. 65 hp at the rear tire on the 500 is just too much for a 450 to keep up with. Not many bikes can make as much power as a kx500 and still be reliable. I have seen many 250r quads send banshees packing.

450s can put down some impressive #s.

Im not trying to be a ####, I couldn't stand getting beat by a bad ass 450. I still think an Eddie Sanders 330 did up reall big will take most of anything. One day, one day. . .

porches are SLOW!!:cheers:

"porches" are slow, I've never seen one move :laugh:

Porsches, otoh, are very fast. The new 911T rips to 60 in 2.9secs and nears 200mph. That's quicker acceleration than a ZR-1, and any Ferrari or Lambo. My lowly Boxster gets to 60 in 4.8 and runs to 172. If you think 172 is slow I'd like to hear what you drive ;)

"porches" are slow, I've never seen one move :laugh:

Porsches, otoh, are very fast. The new 911T rips to 60 in 2.9secs and nears 200mph. That's quicker acceleration than a ZR-1, and any Ferrari or Lambo. My lowly Boxster gets to 60 in 4.8 and runs to 172. If you think 172 is slow I'd like to hear what you drive ;)

Fastest I have been is 150. That was in my old Mustang. It looked like the sheet metal fender were flapping in the wind. LOL. It's a weird feeling going that fast. Like tunnel vision.

I had a Z06 vette up to 145 on a winding highway near here. Sucker was on rails. It would hit speeds like that in no time.

Latest posts

Back