Are There Such Things As Poulan Dealers?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THALL10326 said:
The 170's and 180's will fill the bill but driving a Porche is alot more fun than piddling with a Pinto.
Ah , both great but if you have nothing better to do with your money then blow it then buy the Porche . I think i would keep the extra $$ and keep the Porche out of the trees.

Rspike said:
Ah , both great but if you have nothing better to do with your money then blow it then buy the Porche . I think i would keep the extra $$ and keep the Porche out of the trees.

Good point Spike. He doesn't need a 200 to do what he wants to do , he would get by fine with a 170 or a 180. He'd do it in more comfort though with a 200 and it seems thats what he really wants, comfort. In school of salesmanship you show what will fill the bill and then you go after his wants. I didn't need this big ole 20inch Dell but I wanted one. My other 17inch worked fine. Why did I buy this, I wanted one. Needs and wants, they are the keys to selling. Sellig what won't fill the bill is the mistake most make. Some will sell you anything just to get the sale. That I refuse to do...

THALL10326 said:
Good point Spike. He doesn't need a 200 to do what he wants to do , he would get by fine with a 170 or a 180. He'd do it in more comfort though with a 200 and it seems thats what he really wants, comfort. In school of salesmanship you show what will fill the bill and then you go after his wants. I didn't need this big ole 20inch Dell but I wanted one. My other 17inch worked fine. Why did I buy this, I wanted one. Needs and wants, they are the keys to selling. Sellig what won't fill the bill is the mistake most make. Some will sell you anything just to get the sale. That I refuse to do...

i'm a salesman also, and that is always the tact i take with people.

thanks for you insight

pyromaniac guy said:
i'm a salesman also, and that is always the tact i take with people.

thanks for you insight

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww you sucker you,haha. I was getting the feeling you was a salesman. Then you know I wasn't trying to steer you wrong???

THALL10326 said:
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww you sucker you,haha. I was getting the feeling you was a salesman. Then you know I wasn't trying to steer you wrong???

since you will not gain financially from any decision i will make on this issue, i assumed you were being straight up with me.

pyromaniac guy said:
since you will not gain financially from any decision i will make on this issue, i assumed you were being straight up with me.

Thats a good way to say it, I'm not getting a penny out of you pocket. I merely read your posts and weight and comfort seem the most important features your looking for. The three saws, all three will do what you want but to do it faster and more confortable the 200 is the one. Ralph spoke of the 170 cutting as fast as your 260 in small stuff. In real, real small stuff Ralph is correct. I mean lets face it, a good sharp knife will wack off a 1/2 inch lap limb faster than any chain saw but who in the world wants to swing a knife all day. In 4-5in round limbs the 260 will be thur it and gone before the 170 evens revs up. The 200 on the other hand will be on that 260's butt in small stuff. Buy what you can afford if money is a concern or if the wife is gonna throw you on the couch for a week. If its not buy then what you want. Your a salesman yourself so you know exactly what I'm saying. Whichever one you buy I just hope your happy with it, thats our, the salesman, main concern.

bang for the buck is also important to me, and for 1/4 or 1/3 of the price, i think i'll stick with the 170. the remaining cash will buy me lots of flowers to keep me out of the doghouse ;)

pyromaniac guy said:
bang for the buck is also important to me, and for 1/4 or 1/3 of the price, i think i'll stick with the 170. the remaining cash will buy me lots of flowers to keep me out of the doghouse ;)

Couldn't agree with ya more. Saws are fun but so is dinner and them uhhhhhhhh utter good things in life:) :)

pyromaniac guy said:
them utter things is what keeps me going ;) :cheers:

thanks for the advice friend

Hahahahahaha, I'm rolling here. Ya dag on tootin them "utter" things keep us going. Saws are pruty lil things but they aren't nothing like a little
poo done tang...hahaaha

begleytree said:
...get the 170 with a 3/8 low profile, pico micro 1.3mm, not the junky micro mini 1.1 bar and chain...

There may not be a whole lot of choice in the bar/chain combo at that price.

The PMN chain does look really small, however having such a narrow kerf it really cuts well. Really well. Honest.

The chainsaw manufacturers aren't dumb. They didn't develop a tiny chain to save 3 cents on an ounce of steel. The tiny PMN chain is what allows the baby stihls to cut above their weight.

sawn_penn said:
There may not be a whole lot of choice in the bar/chain combo at that price.

The PMN chain does look really small, however having such a narrow kerf it really cuts well. Really well. Honest.

The chainsaw manufacturers aren't dumb. They didn't develop a tiny chain to save 3 cents on an ounce of steel. The tiny PMN chain is what allows the baby stihls to cut above their weight.

You be 100% correct. Ralph was right too about those small chains breaking now and then, sometimes the teeth get broke off from time to time. They do however make those baby Stihl's haul buggy..........

Latest posts

Back