Are we in the golden era....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately when saws were made in America they were heavy, slow, and tough. American companies did not innovate so they are gone now. For me the golden age will always be the 80's and 90's, not the smoothest saws but very dependable, simple, powerful, light, and the baddest sounding saws ever made.

Unfortunately when saws were made in America they were heavy, slow, and tough. American companies did not innovate so they are gone now. For me the golden age will always be the 80's and 90's, not the smoothest saws but very dependable, simple, powerful, light, and the baddest sounding saws ever made.

heavy, maybe a little. tough, yes. Slow? in some cases yes, in some cases absolutely not. I would bet a 20 that my stock 123cc saw can hang with if not excel against certain newer, non American chainsaws in some large timber.

heavy, maybe a little. tough, yes. Slow? in some cases yes, in some cases absolutely not. I would bet a 20 that my stock 123cc saw can hang with if not excel against certain newer, non American chainsaws in some large timber.

The only fast 'merican saw ever! the rest are slooooow very sloooow.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SnPiym4y05g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm going to say yes! Next up is Fuel Injection, turbo chargers, and 4-cycle so we are in the golden age of chainsaws boys!

Wow man what a way to answer the OP's question.

What people (mainly the op or anyone REALLY wanting others opinions) were supposed to get out of my post was that a simple search should provide more answers than this thread will. Especially since this thread never made it past 2 pages, with only a small handful of relevant replies. The other thread was not limited to 5 cube saws though.

Since it seems like you desperately want my answer, here it is. We are past the golden age, mainly because of limitations in place most likely because of the epa. Limiting caps on the h and l screws, no adjusting carbs, continued use of mufflers that choke down the saws, and talk of cat converters. But again, that is just my opinion. When it comes to actual power vs. weight I think things are still on the upswing, though a price tag to match, difficulty in home repair, and durability. Just my $.02.

BTW, http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/179852.htm

3rd thread on a search for 'golden'. Started 9/4. Just sayin.

Last edited:
You run out of chips grouchy? haha And since when were you bent about staying on topic? Hows that 359 doing? My favorite color is blue.

Chips sound good! Blue like this
184252d1305569280-saw-007-jpg

Latest posts

Back