Are you guys on the East coast getting ready for the Hurricane?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I imagine there's a snobby bar in somewhere that you'll pay 15$ for a G&T with dry ice in it.

It's a big safety hazard because if you ingest a piece of dry ice you'll essentially suffocate on carbon dioxide. What you'd need for cool smoking drinks without the choking/suffocation potential would be a cup or glass with a grated insert that would keep the dry ice below the surface and trap it so that you couldn't accidentally trip it into your mouth.

You can make really cool drinks that smoke at parties with dry ice, but it's not a particularly safe idea.

I like vodka, doesn't need any ice whether it's wet or dry :jester:

I imagine there's a snobby bar in somewhere that you'll pay 15$ for a G&T with dry ice in it.

Yeah, there's a place in Woodstock that will just about hit ya that much for a drink.

I ordered some more saws tonight. Half the models are going on backorder. :smile2:

Already working 16hr shifts and will be till end of next week!
Gotta love storm duty!! (better known as saw money!!)

Sharpened up the chains, filled the gas can I'm a ready. :msp_smile:

Always amazed at how people respond to the media coverage.... You can't find a loaf of bread or Milk at the supermarket. All the batteries are gone and not single generator left.

Which is a good thing I guess for the economy. If it really does hit and causes major damage just think about what that will do for the economy.

Had to chuckle from the link above about Hurricanes and the name Agnes is retired.

Sharpened up the chains, filled the gas can I'm a ready. :msp_smile:

Always amazed at how people respond to the media coverage.... You can't find a loaf of bread or Milk at the supermarket. All the batteries are gone and not single generator left.

Which is a good thing I guess for the economy. If it really does hit and causes major damage just think about what that will do for the economy.

Had to chuckle from the link above about Hurricanes and the name Agnes is retired.

Do you have a generator and a lot of gas?Are you prepared for a week or 2?

fortunately i live in the city, largest in the state, so if we lose power, we are usually first on the list to restore.

My house faces east-West, the backyard is the east side and I have 1 tulip poplar about 130 feet tall that the base is 16 feet from my bedroom, Also, there is a red oak about 85 feet tall at the other end on the east side. The house is about 2 miles from the Chesapeake Bay shore-western shore. I am very worried about these 2 trees. The tulip poplar is not symmetrical, all the large branches are on the side facing the house, it's a beautiful tree, but I always fear that tree. This poplar is about 6.5 feet in diameter at the base.

My house faces east-West, the backyard is the east side and I have 1 tulip poplar about 130 feet tall that the base is 16 feet from my bedroom, Also, there is a red oak about 85 feet tall at the other end on the east side. The house is about 2 miles from the Chesapeake Bay shore-western shore. I am very worried about these 2 trees. The tulip poplar is not symmetrical, all the large branches are on the side facing the house, it's a beautiful tree, but I always fear that tree. This poplar is about 6.5 feet in diameter at the base.

6.5 feet!!!!!!!!!!!!!??

Holy crap

Living in southern Maine we are expected to get heavy rain with 40-70 mph winds. Are those wind speeds enough to do any damage? Ive never really experienced anything like this.!

Yeah, there's a place in Woodstock that will just about hit ya that much for a drink.

I ordered some more saws tonight. Half the models are going on backorder. :smile2:

Yeah my order wont ship out until Monday, nothing on back order. But according to one women I talked to this morning the place is a made house right now.

Just had a hilarious chat on the phone with my cousin. His wife is starting to go into a bit of a panic mode with the storm.

She says, "I think we should fill the bathtub and some buckets so we'll have water to flush the toilets."

His answer: "Nancy, there's 12,000 gallons out in the pool."

The island is getting ready. I got my saws ready. Took down a tree today so it didnt fall on a house.

Latest posts

Back