Are you still burning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
still raining here. currently 41 outside and in the 30s at night with winds blowing in the 20-30mph range all the time. got a fire goin most of the time. wood is all wet and when i get done with this last pickup load of splits all i have left is green split wood seasoning for next year. sure is a long heating season this year.

still raining here. currently 41 outside and in the 30s at night with winds blowing in the 20-30mph range all the time. got a fire goin most of the time. wood is all wet and when i get done with this last pickup load of splits all i have left is green split wood seasoning for next year. sure is a long heating season this year.

Same here, in Windom MN a few hours south of you. Will be splitting after work tonight, down to my last few cords. Will probably burn thru Fri-Sat. Heating season from hell indeed

may 13 .. was low 40's last night with another couple 44f nights to come. thinking about a fire tonight. this would set a record for late fires in Tulsa ..

Built one today - first time ever in May. Cold front came in last night and it went down in the 40's. Supposed to get down there again tonight.

Built one today - first time ever in May. Cold front came in last night and it went down in the 40's. Supposed to get down there again tonight.
Heading for 39 F tonight. I have a few dry logs left indoors. What the heck? Why not keep the house a little warm using firewood?

P.S. The whole week looks rather cool thanks to Mother Nature. She likes to laugh at global warming.

still goin strong. we are actually in a frost/freeze advisory tonight............ HOW THE HECK DOES THAT WORK??????????????? ITS MAY13!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lit a fire last night and loaded it again this morning. Looks like we'll be burning all week! Is this the
end of the burning season or the beginning of the next season?

Still getting some frosts at night here. Burning every 3 days now, for DHW & the odd morning warming. I'm going to see how it goes with burning year round for DHW - making a fire on when it's 80+°f in July might make me say screw it, but if I can streatch it out to once a week I'll likely do it.

Fired up the stove last night as it was 66 inside when I got home, Likely fire it up again this evening as it was somewhere in the low 60's all day and on /off cloudy additionally calling for some more rain tonight and rest of week. So likely be firing up the stove every evening through Sun. Have somewhere between a 1/3 and a 1/2 cord left yet of dry fuel. Outside stacks are soaked from the 2.5+ inches of rain we got Mon/Tue. Glad it wasn't the frozen White stuff - would still be digging out.

Latest posts

Back