AS members, its time to take care of our own

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am in, I'll meet you somewhere and sign it... Just a thought on the Map, if you number your mark then the exact route can be seen, kinda like drawing by numbers.

Excellent idea on the map!
looks like knoxville aint to far from you is it?

No, Knoxville (I-40 and Rutlege Pike exit 392) is only 15 Miles, I work in Mascot which is 7 miles closer. I do have two guys who live in Newport though, one of them right off the exit on 40.

Last edited:
Count me in.... Are you going to try to group the list in order of proximity? For example, I am in Winston-Salem, NC and there are a few AS members in Greensboro / Raleigh / Charlotte. It woul make the helmet spend less time in transit and more time in the hands of a member... Just a thought.

Count me in.... Are you going to try to group the list in order of proximity? For example, I am in Winston-Salem, NC and there are a few AS members in Greensboro / Raleigh / Charlotte. It woul make the helmet spend less time in transit and more time in the hands of a member... Just a thought.

That is exactly what I have in mind.The more people that can hand carry it to other members, the better.

I have been plotting a route so far, and trying to group as many folks together as I can,but the list keeps growing,faster than what I can keep up with.

I would like to take a moment and thank all the effort so far, it has truly be breathtaking just to see the response.
So far we have almost fifty members signed up, and one member who didnt want to sign the helmet but instead wanted to donate to the fund has already donated a very large sum to the cause.I just received his donation in the paypal account.

I cant thank you guys enough.I have always known that you all are a great bunch of folks,but your efforts so far have been almost overwhelming.I aint normally the kind to waller around teary eyed,but the outpouring of support for this project has left me almost speechless.Yeah, you guys have finally managed to shut me up.No small task indeed.I am at a total loss for words.

Thank you

No, Knoxville (I-40 and Rutlege Pike exit 392) is only 15 Miles, I work in Mascot which is 7 miles closer. I do have two guys who live in Newport though, one of them right off the exit on 40.

You know two more guys in Newport besides me?Who?

on a piece of paper with the helmet you should list your name then your number on the map then your AS name. Everyone sees me as sloth9669 not andrew.

I don't have anywhere enough posts, and that is NOT a problem. But I do have an idea.... I know that RI and MA had some serious flooding issues, but even though my garage had 3' of water in it, I am making out all right.

But those poor people where the tornado hit, are that any AS members out that way? I can deal with floods, hurricanes and the like, but that stuff is just scary. I only think like that because I saw on the news the number of people that grabbed their chainsaws and went out to help.

Stephen

Backup plan?

How about a backup plan for giving? If, after the money is collected, some unforeseen dispute/argument arises over who should receive the generosity of this drive, the money will then be donated to a predetermined reputable charity by a certain date or after receiving a certain number of signatures on the helmet.

I didn't even know there was a map!! (I put my Province on it!) Need to tell some more Canadians about it, though, I know there are more of us on the forum that aren't on the map!! I know @ least 2 more members here, locally, one is even my cutting buddy!!

Staying on topic, what about international members? The idea of sending a file of one's sig so it could be traced, would help those 'abroad' be able to participate! @ least I'm on the host continent, but with shipping and customs, it could become a hassle...

Heck, we don't even seem to have any get togethers here (that I know of) With the mountains a short drive away, we could have a cutting party or a camp-out!!

Great idea, Avalancher, it makes it more visceral being able to put a name to a place and person!

Cheers!:cheers:

Old51AVE :greenchainsaw:

Av, Methinks you're gonna need a bigger helmet, something Paul Bunyan sized!

For you guys wanting a map showing members, there is one, just add yourself to it. Go to your control panel, and at the bottom is a "googlemap" link. I'm on there, along with quite a few others. Here's a Link to the map.

This is a great idea.. I like the thought of this helmet traveling throughout this country and hopefully others. Too bad it won't be blaze orange when it's done, it will be sharpie black, lol.
:clap:

How about a backup plan for giving? If, after the money is collected, some unforeseen dispute/argument arises over who should receive the generosity of this drive, the money will then be donated to a predetermined reputable charity by a certain date or after receiving a certain number of signatures on the helmet.

That is an excellent idea.If anyone has any ideas as to any worthwhile charity, chime in and let me know.I want everyone to understand one thing, even though I started this drive I want everyones opinion and input.I consider this really OUR project, not mine.Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated, and I am beginning to think this whole thing needs more than one guy behind the steering wheel.

I didn't even know there was a map!! (I put my Province on it!) Need to tell some more Canadians about it, though, I know there are more of us on the forum that aren't on the map!! I know @ least 2 more members here, locally, one is even my cutting buddy!!

Staying on topic, what about international members? The idea of sending a file of one's sig so it could be traced, would help those 'abroad' be able to participate! @ least I'm on the host continent, but with shipping and customs, it could become a hassle...

Heck, we don't even seem to have any get togethers here (that I know of) With the mountains a short drive away, we could have a cutting party or a camp-out!!

Great idea, Avalancher, it makes it more visceral being able to put a name to a place and person!

Cheers!:cheers:

Old51AVE :greenchainsaw:

Another great idea.I wondered right off the bat how fair this was going to be to members in other countries.Anyone have any objections to adding members names to the helmet right here instead of shipping the thing overseas or north of the border?

Also, I received a PM from a service member last night.Basically the member really wanted to participate but he is serving in Iraq right now, and instead offered to just send a donation to the paypal account I set up for this event.
I took it upon myself to offer to add his name to the helmet by someone else in his absence.Everyone okay with adding service members to the helmet as they request it?

By the looks of it, this helmet is going to do some serious traveling as it is without having to travel out of the country.I doubt we are going to have the time to send it even to Canada.

Back