Asian Longhorn beetle stronger in MA

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O man takedowns are soooooooboring after a while--keep em growin'!

:blob2:

I wouldnt consider them boring just yet, but I could see how it could get that way after awhile.

All these guys that I know suck, seem to somehow survive taking down some pretty big trees. I guess with pruning I can at least distance myself from them somewhat.

I just got two days or better worth of pruning and cabling here in town - so I guess I'll have to suck up my distaste for it (and winter) for a little while.

Stephen C. Trudell has a wood stove to keep himself warm until the power returns to his home, on Crystal Street in Paxton. “It looks like a bomb went off up there,” he said.

In the meantime, he’s driving his pickup around the Tatnuck neighborhood of Worcester and using a newly purchased Stihl power saw to chop and remove tree limbs. He has managed to collect five or six cords of free wood that he can use to heat his home.

“It’s just a little work on my part, not a big deal,” he said, before slicing a log on the side of Bailey Street yesterday. “Just trying to help everybody out.”

http://www.telegram.com/article/20081215/NEWS/812150350/1116

Last time I saw a map, all of Worcester and none of Paxton was within the quarantine zone.

So call me silly, but I have a funny feeling he's gonna be getting a visit by a couple Environmental Police Officers :popcorn:

I wouldnt consider them boring just yet, but I could see how it could get that way after awhile.

You do refine your skills when in situations like that where you do nothing but;
destroy trees,
all day long,
day in day out,
weeks on end.

I'd be able to talk my wife into letting me come out for a week of guaranteed work if it paid.

But then there are so many people hungry for work I doubt anyone would pay what I would need to make the trip worth while.

I'd have to agree. Same goes for the ice storm damage, not much of a need for people to come halfway across the country to work....

Some a$$hat from down south bid 800 on a tree my company bid 4k for a crane takedown, half was on a roof.

If your from down south and came to MA to do residential work.
GO HOME

We got this taken care of, we dont need no slack jawed hicks undercuttin us.

Edit: If you came to clear the lines, thank you.. My power just turned on a week after the storm. I will very much appreciate this shower.

Last edited:
Any moron with a saw jumps on the band wagon. This kind of work breeds them.:censored:

I have seen about a hundred homos toting echos oulans and macs , stacking brush every which way, cutting up on ladders , etc .

Then you get the hibibidiis asking how much we charge to cut the trees.

Answer, Alot, too much if your asking.

you guys don't have it under control.not at all.

i've been up there all week and it's a joke from a local,state,and federal standpoint.

inconsiderate fools up there too.next storm,i ain't coming to help.our customers were great but the majority have a real elitist attitude.and i thought Connecticut was bad! there is not one good friggin' reason to treat people that way or act like an A$$.no excuse whatsoever.

i've been up there all week and it's a joke from a local,state,and federal standpoint.

inconsiderate fools up there too.next storm,i ain't coming to help.our customers were great but the majority have a real elitist attitude.and i thought Connecticut was bad! there is not one good friggin' reason to treat people that way or act like an A$$.no excuse whatsoever.

I don't get it, who was inconsiderate?

people who live and drive there.

could care less about us working folks.gotta get to the store or home to watch TV i guess.

hahhaha.

Welcome to MA, I see you got a little local hospitality.

Youve gotta be VERY careful working on roads here. People will do 45-50 mph in a 25-30 less than 2 feet from workers if there is no detail present.

The elitist attitude comes with money A and B the farther east you go the more youlll find.

these people have no money.

they want everyone to think they do though.

i fixed one clown good.i'm sure he'll think twice about hitting that horn next time.i still roll with laughter when i think of what his face looked like when he got home.neighbors asked what i did to piss him off,when i told them,i didn't think they would ever stop laughing.seems he isn't popular with anyone.

it costs nothing to be nice.i just don't understand the point of going through life being an @$$hole.makes no sense to me.i never got into the ego thing though.never made sense either.

Last edited:
they want everyone to think they do though.

i fixed one clown good.i'm sure he'll think twice about hitting that horn next time.i still roll with laughter when i think of what his face looked like when he got home.neighbors asked what i did to piss him off,when i told them,i didn't think they would ever stop laughing.seems he isn't popular with anyone.

it costs nothing to be nice.i just don't understand the point of going through life being an @$$hole.makes no sense to me.i never got into the ego thing though.never made sense either.

k
Put down the crack pipe.

Back