Attention 352 owners!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROLLACOSTA

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Whilst ordering some parts today from Vermeer UK,I spoke to a salesman regarding concerns I have with the machines exccesive vibration,he the saleman told me that in the next few weeks their will be a strangely named 'IK' kit available, god knows what it costs or consists of, this will apparently put right any vibration problems..

The salesman listed a whole load of vibration problems that i'd never heard of,radiater mounts cracking,engine mounting damage,cracking near the main bolt on or near the engine [no idea where that is].

I politely asked him if we were field testers for this machine...:angry:

Their will be a new model 352 series2 thats what he called it, coming out soon,and I think he said their will be a new sc60tx very soon..:givebeer:

chill brother...i have heard of these things..suspect you are talking to a rubbish salesman.....or was it rayco.....

it things were that bad then they would have to roll out the improvements out to all 352 (vermeer) owners....if only we have a cohesive group to pressure them to do such a thing......:blob2:

stumpy66 said:
chill brother...i have heard of these things..suspect you are talking to a rubbish salesman.....or was it rayco.....

it things were that bad then they would have to roll out the improvements out to all 352 (vermeer) owners....if only we have a cohesive group to pressure them to do such a thing......:blob2:

I was talking to a Vermeer/B-TRAC saleman,I don't really know what your talking about,all I know is their is a problem with vibration and thier is a modifaction kit coming soon,your machine and my machine haven't really done enough hours to cause many problems ,had we been flat out with over 300 hours we might be foaming at the mouth! don't think for a minute they will fix our machines up for free ,once your out of warrenty tough **** in their opinion.

By the way I asked the saleswallah if he intended to inform ALL 352 owners about the mod kit ,he said I hadn't thought of that,and it might be a good idea..:bang:

I'm all for pressurising B-TRAC for a free mod instal,you might have something their,pressure of numbers that kind of thing.

Have any UK 352 owner got any problems with their machines?

Last edited:
are these mods in addition to the mods seen at cirencester at b tracs stand?

shame that vermeer do not have input onto these forums...you would think that this was an ideal forum for them...

If this turned into a list of 352 owners, that could be useful when ringing them up...or writing letters.....

stumpy66 said:
are these mods in addition to the mods seen at cirencester at b tracs stand?

These mods are for older model 352's,their for rectifying the vibration probs,according to the sales dude I spoke to,he said a 352 owner up north somewhere has had some serious cracking on engine mounts etc..

Any direct drive

Hey Vermeer users
I know I've said it before BUT. Direct drive will always transper induced grinding vibration up the machine to weak points , It not rocket science.

A belt drive at the cutter wheel will take out the induced vibration on any make of grinder FACT.(Hydro drive will have the same affect)

This is why most ground engageing machines and mulchers have a belt or chain drive somewhere in the system.

Any mod kit to solve a vibration problem will only move the problem to another part of the machine over time.

Direct drive is used because it is simpler to manufacture because you dont need a person to set up the belts. a robot can fit a pre manufactured gear box drive.:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
This is why the new price of the machine is cheaper.Cheap manufacturing.

there is belt drive in the 352......i still thing is folk using it on the fast setting which is only used for travelling...but the salesmen encorage you to go faster faster faster....a list of 352 owner would be a good start to pressure the to give us the definitive answers...

stumpy66 said:
there is belt drive in the 352......i still thing is folk using it on the fast setting which is only used for travelling...but the salesmen encorage you to go faster faster faster....a list of 352 owner would be a good start to pressure the to give us the definitive answers...

I agree with you stumpy,lots of the problems are down to bad operators imo,other than a few bolts coming loose i've had no problems..

There is a kit out available for excessive vibrations already. Vermer " the company" , which I spoke to( Gary,,,there service manager ) said that Daiutsu did not balance some of the diesel engines correctly,, so they have a bushing kit to put on those units. It will not cost a thing if you have the vibration problem ,,at least here in the US. If you have ?'s for vermeer ,,i will be happy to call them up with your question. I have a 352 and really do not have the vibration problems. But I have a machint that has had two problems of the hydrolics moving really slow. I will be there tomorrow morning getting it fixed at the dealer.

mines a 2002 ex demo, with no real problems but then i am careful...there is vibration there......do vermeer have a list of engine numbers affected?
(ah man, now i am sucked in to the vibration debate....my machine is doomed.....:buttkick: )

Sorry,,,the kit will be out in about a month for everyone. Vermeer will send out a bulletin to the dealers.

i will look forward to that.....

How often do folk get there machines serviced...drive chains, everything......just wondering.....whats an average service price...any one in the Uk have any one to recommend for servicing?

I have a Carlton 25HP.the steel work is twice the thickness of Ray-co and Vermeer not to mention the Hydraulic hose.With the grinding action heavier the better....:givebeer:

I'v only had 4 problems. 1 the hydraulic filter dropped of. Ok really annoying and messy but I'v kept an eye on it since and it has not been a problem. 2 my exhaust mountings kept coming loose and still do. When Bob from the UK agents came to fix it he organized a modification. I'm still waiting for this perhaps cuz I'v been lazy waiting. 3 hydraulic pipes coming loose and starting to drip. Again just the turn of a nut and problem solved. 4 The nut sheared on the part that attaches the sweep. I had to wipe my brow on this one as I thought the worst when I had no action at the sweep but it was just a cracked through bolt. The thinking took longer then the solving. Now I carry all the standard bolts with me. I think it's all a question of just checking and keep checking all the nut's and bolts

352 vibration problems

at last some people that also have problems with their 352
i am now on my 2nd engine and 2nd head because of vibration problems my engine mounts have cracked three times and it is now in for repair again!!!
my machine has only done 260 hrs!!

352 engine problem

Our 352 is 2 years 8 months old. They found a hole in the #3 cylinder and they are not sure they can even rebuild it. The original estimate was $3,000 to rebuild it and $5,000 for a new engine. We have a Dihatsu diesel 34 hp engine. It had alot of power and was a good machine until this happened. We did have a problem with vibration concerning the shield around the exhaust. The new kit fixed that. I'm really bummed about this now. A dealer for dihatsu will look at the engine soon. This shouldn't have happened. We've taken good care of the machine and our shop mechanic used to be the shop foreman at the Vermeer dealer here in Milwaukee so he knows Vermeer equipment. It sure is nice to have him especially when you take it in and they try to tell you it broke down because of something and he knows that that couldn't be. Any other engine problems or where else I could search for information on this issue.

bugger me.......it all sounds sh!t...but my machine...220 hours and ok......and what a lovely beast of a machine.....there must be a reason for the breakages! some reasoned thought apprieacted..

my second engine has only done 80 hrs and is now showing signs of head problems this can be spotted by looking at the clutch side of the engine where the head meets the block the area gets dust stuck to it to begin with and then it fails after time it is just above the turbo oil feed. both engines have now done this which would suggest the machine is not fit for purpose!!!
don't get me wrong i love the machine it is the best grinder i have owned as far as power and size goes it is just the engine, vibration and service that lets it down!

Last edited:
my second engine has only done 80 hrs and is now showing signs of head problems this can be spotted by looking at the clutch side of the engine where the head meets the block the area gets dust stuck to it to begin with and then it fails after time it is just above the turbo oil feed. both engines have now done this which would suggest the machine is not fit for purpose!!!
don't get me wrong i love the machine it is the best grinder i have owned as far as power and size goes it is just the engine, vibration and service that lets it down!

Guys,
seriously, buy one of my Miniskid / grinders combo's. better value all round, and much better grinder than a vermeer.:D

Latest posts

Back