Attn tree services looking for work!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what-a-stihl

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Here in the northern Illinois area there has been an abundant amount of work lately! Today I read in the paper these ads: "FREE FIREWOOD, trees on property over house, you remove, clean-up and haul away in return for free firewood. must have insurance." wow what a deal right? Or this one: "Looking for someone with a chainsaw to remove trees around my house,clean-up, and haul away, pay is $8 an hour and I supply oil and gas". I would just like to smack these people for their audacity, but I just sit and wait for the phone call telling me that some joe-schmoe or illegal answered their ad and dropped a tree on their house.

Lmao that sounds like the commercial where the guy picks the loosers for the basketball team the guy is like no don't lift with your legs use your back.

Did u guys get hit up there. I was watching the radar the other night, looked like a doosy heading that way

I do utility clearance as well as residential and about a week ago i was taking out the trash and i heard a chainsaw and saw a bunch of comotion coming from some juniper trees that were all burning on the primary and grown around the ground and other lines, so i walk down and there's a guy standing on the top of the ladder with a chainsaw and an alluminum pole saw. I said hello and asked him what he was up to and he replied "i'm retired forest service and i cut down trees for people in exchange for the wood", i then informed him that i was quite surprised that he was alive to talk to me. he looked at me with a confused look and i told him what i did and that what he was doing was extremely dangerous and he replied "oh your just worried because i'm the competition and you think i'm stealing your business", I then just said have a nice day went inside, opened a beer, and waited for a transformer to blow and sirens (fortunately i believe he survived unscathed, but seriously?). Some people, what can you do.

I do utility clearance as well as residential and about a week ago i was taking out the trash and i heard a chainsaw and saw a bunch of comotion coming from some juniper trees that were all burning on the primary and grown around the ground and other lines, so i walk down and there's a guy standing on the top of the ladder with a chainsaw and an alluminum pole saw. I said hello and asked him what he was up to and he replied "i'm retired forest service and i cut down trees for people in exchange for the wood", i then informed him that i was quite surprised that he was alive to talk to me. he looked at me with a confused look and i told him what i did and that what he was doing was extremely dangerous and he replied "oh your just worried because i'm the competition and you think i'm stealing your business", I then just said have a nice day went inside, opened a beer, and waited for a transformer to blow and sirens (fortunately i believe he survived unscathed, but seriously?). Some people, what can you do.

Yeah everyone thinks "Hey, I have a Poulan wild thing in the garage, how hard could it be, it's just cutting trees!" But sadly the lesson is not learned until it's too late.

No $hit!

I hand out a copy of my GL WC and certs. On a half sized piece of paper to every customer with every estimate. I hate Hackers and do every thing I can to expose them good luck thanks for the post!

Latest posts

Back