ATV tires......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freemind

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Do ya'll buy them local, or do you have a catalog/internet site you get them from?

I am due a new set on my Polaris xplorer.

Unless you have a GOOD freindship with the local dealership they tend to be a pretty pricey, at least around here. When i lost my contact at the local bike shop and had to deal with tight jeans kid that didnt care if i neede my parts to race the next weekend i stopped and started dealing with MOTOWORLDRACING.COM free shipping if over 100 bucks and good pricing.

Edit
Plus my local shop never had much selction

I have a Jacobi's dealer, which sell Kawasaki atv's, near me and I can get a set of brand new take offs for $200 to $250 which include rims. The rims will not fine on my bike so I have to change them out. But you can sell the rims to help cover the costs.

The last set I bought was for a 26" set and I paid $250 for them. They came off a Kawasaki Teryx.

You may want to check a local dealer or look on ebay for some original take offs. If I buy mine online, I deal with Rockymountainatv.com.

What kind of tires are on that Polaris? Is it the Carlisle 489's? If so, your local hardware store or Walmart usually carries that type. They will also have different types as well if you want something different.

Last edited:
i modify atvs sleds and build race bikes trust me when i say save yourself alot of aggrevation ..rocky mountain atv is your best bet ,ultimate customer service fast shippers everythign is insured and anything over 100 bucks is free shipping and their prices are cheapest on the web . shipping is what would typically kill you in total cost when it comes to getting heavy large tires

ATVOutfitters.net. Matt sends them the same day. Free shipping on a lot of his stuff. Watch for his specials.

There are a few local places to get tires. Nothing on the shelves is anything special. Just standard knobbies with what I think is a fairly high price.

I can order them through two different tire shops, but if I have to wait, I may save some money ordering them myself and just have a local tireshop mount them for me.

I am not looking to spend a ton on a set of tires. Just need a good set, at a reasonable price.

As to the size, I don't know offhand. Fronts and backs are a different size as my quad is a 4x4.

check out rocky mountain atv...i had bought some stuff through them before when i was still racing. they didn't carry much for my KTM'S though.

I had a set of MSTs by highlifter. They were incredible for mud and snow. They could pull, plus they were thick. I only had one plug in the set. If you google it, they show up. Depends on what you are looking for, but once I put those on I had to try and get stuck.

IMO, buy them online or from a good local dealer. Best all around tires, again IMO:

1. Pitbull Rockers
2. Maxxis Bighorns

Expensive but fantastic all purpose tires.

-mark

ronniesmailorder.com
I have 27" Maxxis Bighorn 6 ply radials on my teryx and love 'em :rock:
I got my Maxxis from a local dealer, he ships all over , parkermx.com, ask for Mike and tell him I sent ya. 1-518-692-7025, my name is dave sargood

I also use Ronnies Mail order and Rocky Mountain ATV, both great places to shop. Maxxis Bighorns have worked well on my Honda Rincon.

Latest posts

Back