Awesome Day of Logging

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ja_cain

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just thought I might share a few pictures/videos of our logging extravaganza Sawmandave and I had this past Sunday. Davids buddy is clearing all of the hardwoods from 7 acres of his property so he can create some nice pasture and a pond. We were limbing and removing root balls so that the excavator could stage them for pickup. Elijah did an awesome job laying out the trees for us to work on. David and I were running a DCS6421 and a 562xp. We had a problem with the 562 throwing the chain (24" semi-skip full chisel) all day long. I finally figured it had to be because he was cutting small diameter stuff with a longish bar and semi-skip chain and sure enough there was a post about that exact issue on the site today. I am going to bring a extra 20" bar and full comp chain to run on the 562 this Sunday. I have a feeling it will eliminate all of the chain problems he was having. Also going to throw my 036 into the mix and see how will it does compared to the other two saws. Anyway, here are a few pictures and videos. Enjoy!

Justin

Sorry about stupid portrait mode. Some of these were taken with an Iphone.

Cumberland Work Site 2 - YouTube

Root Ball Removal Oak - YouTube

Sawman Dave Husqvarna 562xp - YouTube

Funny outtake.

"What's wrong with it Carl?" "Ain't got no gas." - YouTube

I just thought I might share a few pictures/videos of our logging extravaganza Sawmandave and I had this past Sunday. Davids buddy is clearing all of the hardwoods from 7 acres of his property so he can create some nice pasture and a pond. We were limbing and removing root balls so that the excavator could stage them for pickup. Elijah did an awesome job laying out the trees for us to work on. David and I were running a DCS6421 and a 562xp. We had a problem with the 562 throwing the chain (24" semi-skip full chisel) all day long. I finally figured it had to be because he was cutting small diameter stuff with a longish bar and semi-skip chain and sure enough there was a post about that exact issue on the site today. I am going to bring a extra 20" bar and full comp chain to run on the 562 this Sunday. I have a feeling it will eliminate all of the chain problems he was having. Also going to throw my 036 into the mix and see how will it does compared to the other two saws. Anyway, here are a few pictures and videos. Enjoy!

Justin

Sorry about stupid portrait mode. Some of these were taken with an Iphone.

Cumberland Work Site 2 - YouTube

Root Ball Removal Oak - YouTube

Sawman Dave Husqvarna 562xp - YouTube

Funny outtake.

"What's wrong with it Carl?" "Ain't got no gas." - YouTube

:popcorn: Thanks!

Might be a good idea to put the excavator bucket on the stump to keep it from falling. Seen a guy crushed one time by a stump similar to yours.

Might be a good idea to put the excavator bucket on the stump to keep it from falling. Seen a guy crushed one time by a stump similar to yours.

I was kind of thinking the same thing afterwards. It would not be very practical for the excavator to have to come over and hold every stump. I may just cut up some shim material to place under stumps next time. Thanks for the feedback. Cheers.

Justin

I can honestly say even when we had a bad day logging it really was not that bad compared to what I do now. I miss it. CJ

It was an awesome experience. Sawmandave talked his friend into allowing me to come out and I guess the guy was impressed with the amount of work I did and how I conducted myself so he paid me and invited me back out. I just wanted to come out and "play" and didn't really care if I got paid. The best part is my wife said any money I make I can put towards saw related stuff. :rock:

Justin

It was an awesome experience. Sawmandave talked his friend into allowing me to come out and I guess the guy was impressed with the amount of work I did and how I conducted myself so he paid me and invited me back out. I just wanted to come out and "play" and didn't really care if I got paid.

The best part is my wife said any money I make I can put towards saw related stuff. :rock:

Justin

:cool2:, :msp_thumbup:, & :msp_thumbsup:!

It was an awesome experience. Sawmandave talked his friend into allowing me to come out and I guess the guy was impressed with the amount of work I did and how I conducted myself so he paid me and invited me back out. I just wanted to come out and "play" and didn't really care if I got paid. The best part is my wife said any money I make I can put towards saw related stuff. :rock:

Justin

Some PPE perhaps :msp_wink::msp_wink:

Aw those shiny new huskies seem so out of place in the woods. :dizzy:

You at least have to spill em with oil asap.

Ha! Ha! That thing was brand new at the beginning of the day but you could definitely tell that we put a hurtin on her at the end. :)

I just want to thank David for making this happen. If it was 't for him I would never have had the opportunity do this. Glad some of you are enjoying stuff. I am going to do better with the videos this Sunday and we may have a cool surprise up our sleeves. Stay tuned. ;)

Justin

Back