Had a great day today!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cornfused

Saw & Firewood HACK
Reaction score
Wednesday a SEVERE thunderstorm came through the area and a neighbor had a 85' eastern white pine get blowed over and it landed on his garage/shop. Luckily the root ball slowed it down enough to not do any damage to the shop. I offered to come over and get it off the roof and cut it up for firewood - he said come over Saturday. Got it cut off the roof and finished felling it and chunked it up with his help. Got er all done and was enjoying a cool drink & B.S.ing when he asked if I would like to see a couple old saws his great uncle had left him - said sure. The saws are a Poulan Micro in Craftsman colors and a Homelite XL2 Auto. Both saws have been VERY WELL cared for. The Homie is cased and has the original operators manual, warranty, receipt, two bars & chains, sprocket luber, file guide and file - all have Homelite markings - the saw looks brand new - paint on the bar is still clear and only shows light wear. The Craftsman is cased and is in excellent condition - all decals are complete and legible - the paint looks new - no chips, scratches or fading!!! The bar is original and only shows light wear. All the chains are sharp and ready to use. I told him they were very, very cool. He said glad you like em & gave them to me for taking the tree off his roof and not damaging his roof!!! :eek:uttahere2: It pays to be a good neighbor!!!!:msp_biggrin:

Wednesday a SEVERE thunderstorm came through the area ................!!:msp_biggrin:

I guess I am happy you saw it as a "great day" The family of the man here who lost his life here does not see it that way. It was a sad day he died after only a few months from retirement.

Yes we are talking about the same storm:msp_mad:

I guess I am happy you saw it as a "great day" The family of the man here who lost his life here does not see it that way. It was a sad day he died after only a few months from retirement.

I think the OP meant it was a great day because he got to run a saw, help a neighbor and was rewarded for his efforts.

Lighten up a little

I think the OP meant it was a great day because he got to run a saw, help a neighbor and was rewarded for his efforts.

Lighten up a little

Well Kiwi with all do respect,

Did you sit through that storm?

Did you have to hunker down and pray for the best?

Did you see what it did?

Did you see the effects?

I find it pretty hard to relish in the demise of others. I am sure the OP had a good time but there are families suffering from that storm that would take offense to the celebration of others at their demise.

Bill

Well Kiwi with all do respect,

Did you sit through that storm?

Did you have to hunker down and pray for the best?

Did you see what it did?

Did you see the effects?

I find it pretty hard to relish in the demise of others. I am sure the OP had a good time but there are families suffering from that storm that would take offense to the celebration of others at their demise.

Bill

I'm on the other side of the world so no, I did not experience that particular storm. Glad we can clear that up.

The OP didn't start a post saying "So stoked we had a big scary storm the other day - some people died but I got another saw!". He posted about how he helped someone out of a situation caused by the storm and was given some saws as a thank you for helping out.

No need to try for the guilt trip. Its a damn shame that someone lost their life because of the weather but it's in no way related to the OP helping out his neighbor

No need to try for the guilt trip. Its a damn shame that someone lost their life because of the weather but it's in no way related to the OP helping out his neighbor

You missed the title

HAD A GREAT DAY TODAY

There is nothing GREAT
about what happened

You missed the title

HAD A GREAT DAY TODAY

There is nothing GREAT
about what happened

Try reading more than just the title then. The storm blew through midweek, OP cut a downed tree up on Saturday and had a great time doing it.
No-one's said the storm was a good thing..?

Have a GREAT night Bill :msp_confused:

Geez, I had a great day yesterday. I co-signed on a new VW diesel Jetta for my daughter, as a reward for graduating with a masters degree, and getting a job making more money than me. I'm sure somewhere in the world someone had a tragic accident in a Jetta that I wasn't aware of, now today is ruined. No one is happy when tragedy strikes. That doesn't mean someone across town can't experience, and share joy, on the same day. As noted above, the joy was experienced on Sat, and the tragedy was earlier in the week. I'm sorry that the same storm brought great loss to one family, and a small gain to another. But I do find joy in a neighbor helping a neighbor and and being rewarded for his kindness, and then sharing his joy with us, his friends and neighbors also, Joe.

Cornfused, on a happier note, I just started a Free Saw thread. That would be a great place to put two better pics of your Homelites. My two free saws were Homelites also. Maybe that would kick start the thread, and spread some good vibes through our community. Oops, one of your's was a Poulan/Craftsman. Joe.

Is the person who originally posted this thread supposed to read obituaries to make sure nobody perished in the storm before typing up his subject?? The dude could've been a hundred miles away from where this happened for all we know. Loss of life in any storm sucks......period. But please, don't try to take away the satisfaction the OP got from felling a pine tree leaning against a roof (without damaging it to boot), and the free saws he scored afterwards.

Wednesday a SEVERE thunderstorm came through the area and a neighbor had a 85' eastern white pine get blowed over and it landed on his garage/shop. Luckily the root ball slowed it down enough to not do any damage to the shop. I offered to come over and get it off the roof and cut it up for firewood - he said come over Saturday. Got it cut off the roof and finished felling it and chunked it up with his help. Got er all done and was enjoying a cool drink & B.S.ing when he asked if I would like to see a couple old saws his great uncle had left him - said sure. The saws are a Poulan Micro in Craftsman colors and a Homelite XL2 Auto. Both saws have been VERY WELL cared for. The Homie is cased and has the original operators manual, warranty, receipt, two bars & chains, sprocket luber, file guide and file - all have Homelite markings - the saw looks brand new - paint on the bar is still clear and only shows light wear. The Craftsman is cased and is in excellent condition - all decals are complete and legible - the paint looks new - no chips, scratches or fading!!! The bar is original and only shows light wear. All the chains are sharp and ready to use. I told him they were very, very cool. He said glad you like em & gave them to me for taking the tree off his roof and not damaging his roof!!! :eek:uttahere2: It pays to be a good neighbor!!!!:msp_biggrin:

Good deal...Thanks for sharing.

Really don't think the op was trying to disrespect anyone...
I'm happy for the op. He got a couple nice saws and probably built a better relationship with his neighbor..
I'm sad that a man lost his life, but it has nothing to do with this thread.

It is great when you can help out a neighbor, friend or whatever and be rewarded for the generosity!
Good of you to offer and help and do so with no further damage to the structure.
Sorry to hear the storm caused loss of life, but I believe your joy came from being able to help someone and add a couple saws to the lot.........absolutely nothing wrong with that.
Thanks for sharing!:rock:

Ron

Free chainsaws, you suck.

The best I've ever gotten by helping a neighbor was a plate of chocolate chip cookies, warm from the oven. (It was worth it :))

Latest posts

Back