Had a great day today!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cornfused, on a happier note, I just started a Free Saw thread. That would be a great place to put two better pics of your Homelites. My two free saws were Homelites also. Maybe that would kick start the thread, and spread some good vibes through our community. Oops, one of your's was a Poulan/Craftsman. Joe.
Good idea - done it. Jim (cornfused)

I guess I am happy you saw it as a "great day" The family of the man here who lost his life here does not see it that way. It was a sad day he died after only a few months from retirement.

Yes we are talking about the same storm:msp_mad:

Sheesh man lighten up. Pretty obvious the op wasn't relishing the misfortune of anyone.

OP, you get major free saw suckage points from me.....

Story reminds me of an uncomfortable situation on a Memorial day

I was teaching at Ft Campbell. I was sitting eating lunch in a Subway watching the TV on the wall. There was a 5 minute infomercial on telling of a program that was going to air that night honoring our fallen Military. Not the show, but a commercial about the show. An SF operator in civilian clothes walked in with his wife and probably 5 year old son. They got their food and came over and sat down and started to eat. The TV played the same infomercial a couple more times, so I got up and changed the channel to the NASCAR race.
The guy launched into me on how I was being disrespectful to his fallen comrades. He lectured me on how he had lost close friends and how I was not honoring them properly. Lasted about 2 to 3 minutes. I ate the rest of my meal with my wife and could feel the steam coming off my neck. We got up to leave and the guy came over and apologized. He just really felt people should honor the fallen. I interrupted him and told him I too knew many that didnt make it along the way. I informed him that we honor our fellow soldiers that have fallen by living our lives exercising our freedoms they fell protecting. Sitting around mourning is not a perpetual state. I told him to go play catch with his son. Go enjoy his family. Stop throwing away the little time we have by dwelling on the pain of loss.
I for one am pleased to know there are people still here in America that will go help a neighbor for just the reward of satisfaction of lending a hand.

Lighten up people. You do not have the monopoly on how to act in a crisis.

Peace

Sheesh man lighten up. Pretty obvious the op wasn't relishing the misfortune of anyone.

OP, you get major free saw suckage points from me.....

dswensen....Your right - I SUCK!!!!:msp_thumbsup: You're also correct - I wasn't relishing any bodys misfortune - just had a great day helping a neighbor in need and getting a cool thank you for doin' it!!!:msp_biggrin:
Jim (cornfused)

I was teaching at Ft Campbell. I was sitting eating lunch in a Subway watching the TV on the wall. There was a 5 minute infomercial on telling of a program that was going to air that night honoring our fallen Military. Not the show, but a commercial about the show. An SF operator in civilian clothes walked in with his wife and probably 5 year old son. They got their food and came over and sat down and started to eat. The TV played the same infomercial a couple more times, so I got up and changed the channel to the NASCAR race.
The guy launched into me on how I was being disrespectful to his fallen comrades. He lectured me on how he had lost close friends and how I was not honoring them properly. Lasted about 2 to 3 minutes. I ate the rest of my meal with my wife and could feel the steam coming off my neck. We got up to leave and the guy came over and apologized. He just really felt people should honor the fallen. I interrupted him and told him I too knew many that didnt make it along the way. I informed him that we honor our fellow soldiers that have fallen by living our lives exercising our freedoms they fell protecting. Sitting around mourning is not a perpetual state. I told him to go play catch with his son. Go enjoy his family. Stop throwing away the little time we have by dwelling on the pain of loss.
I for one am pleased to know there are people still here in America that will go help a neighbor for just the reward of satisfaction of lending a hand.

Lighten up people. You do not have the monopoly on how to act in a crisis.

Peace

:bowdown:

You missed the title

HAD A GREAT DAY TODAY

There is nothing GREAT
about what happened

Sheesh
Lighten up.
You can find bad things that happen to people everyday,at the same time there are miricals happening to others,and moments to celebrate for others.And people getting free chainsaws.
THATS LIFE
Thomas

wednesday a severe thunderstorm came through the area and a neighbor had a 85' eastern white pine get blowed over and it landed on his garage/shop. Luckily the root ball slowed it down enough to not do any damage to the shop. I offered to come over and get it off the roof and cut it up for firewood - he said come over saturday. Got it cut off the roof and finished felling it and chunked it up with his help. Got er all done and was enjoying a cool drink & b.s.ing when he asked if i would like to see a couple old saws his great uncle had left him - said sure. The saws are a poulan micro in craftsman colors and a homelite xl2 auto. Both saws have been very well cared for. The homie is cased and has the original operators manual, warranty, receipt, two bars & chains, sprocket luber, file guide and file - all have homelite markings - the saw looks brand new - paint on the bar is still clear and only shows light wear. The craftsman is cased and is in excellent condition - all decals are complete and legible - the paint looks new - no chips, scratches or fading!!! The bar is original and only shows light wear. All the chains are sharp and ready to use. I told him they were very, very cool. He said glad you like em & gave them to me for taking the tree off his roof and not damaging his roof!!! :eek:uttahere2: It pays to be a good neighbor!!!!:msp_biggrin:

awesome!

Damn i'm SO MAD we had bad storms just about everyday this past week and i probably made about $1000 in OT granted nobody was killed but still people lost cars and had damaged houses and i'm angry.:angry::angry:

I also had a great day yesterday even though I am sure someone somewhere lost their life. I got to see Fleetwood Mac live for the second time this year, it was AWESOME again. I do not dwell on death as it is a part of life, I will not let someones death bring me down because they are lucky enough to be called home by God to enjoy the paradise which is promised to all who believe. If you don't believe then oh well you have been given free will and chose poorly.:msp_biggrin:

Great score on the free saws, I know you will enjoy running both saws.

Well Kiwi with all do respect,

Did you sit through that storm?

Did you have to hunker down and pray for the best?

Did you see what it did?

Did you see the effects?

I find it pretty hard to relish in the demise of others. I am sure the OP had a good time but there are families suffering from that storm that would take offense to the celebration of others at their demise.

Bill

Always looking at the bright side of things, aren't you Bill:bang:

Back