Baby oak trees/ bad bunny

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starterlogg

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
:angry:I have baby oak trees that have been biten off even with the mulch will they come back after such a hit , rabbit has to go

I'm not sure about those. We have some at the lake that the deer get every winter that are about 10 years old. They are only 4 feet tall, but they keep hanging in there. Some of them have finally gotten big enough to overcome the problem. Going out today to plant some hazelnuts. That'll make bambi happy!

have you tried hair to keep the dear off the trees? human hair in the old ladys stockings hang one on ever tree.

Have a major deer problem up here Finally had to put up a 6 ft wire fence.Buggers stand outside looking in....:laugh:
Deer are browsers,,nibble go elsewhere.How about wire around the oaks?Once the get to about 5ft(browse line)Should be ok.Bunnies are cute,till they eat your veggies.Might try metal stove pipe,put it around my fruit trees keeps out the racoons and possums,they figured how to climb up the wire...2''wire will keep the bunnies at bay..

When I want to keep rabbits and squirrels away from young tender woody stalks, I spray the area all around them with a homemade concoction made of the hottest peppers I can find.

Chop up the peppers in a blender and let them soak in a gallon of water for a few days. Strain off the solids and then use the liquid in a pump-up sprayer. Works well until a hard rain washes it off.

I bet that most of them will come back - but with a fork in the trunk.

xtm

Latest posts

Back