Back In The Shop......Now What's On Your Bench????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I squirted fuel mix into the spark plug hole and it only popped a few times but never really fired up. I've adjusted the carb every way I can think of and it's clean so I'm thinking the scored piston is what's wrong. I looked at the seal on the flywheel side when I repaired the ignition and didn't see any oily stuff around it so I kinda assumed it was okay but haven't checked the clutch side yet. It's hard to do a pressure/vac test on these saws without tearing them all apart.

I squirted fuel mix into the spark plug hole and it only popped a few times but never really fired up. I've adjusted the carb every way I can think of and it's clean so I'm thinking the scored piston is what's wrong. I looked at the seal on the flywheel side when I repaired the ignition and didn't see any oily stuff around it so I kinda assumed it was okay but haven't checked the clutch side yet. It's hard to do a pressure/vac test on these saws without tearing them all apart.
I would strip the carb again. Is it possible to choke it with ur thumb and pull it over, to see fuel is being well drawn up.

I think it's getting fuel because I took the plug out when it wouldn't start and pulled the starter over several times and fuel squirted out of the hole and onto the handle bottom. It appears it wasn't burning the fuel mix. I'm thinking it's either not got enough spark or not enough compression to start it. Every time I check the spark it seems very adequate, I've changed spark plugs also and still no start. Any way, I gave the saw back to it's owner and explained the situation to him so he could tinker with it for awhile. I offered to buy it from him for parts if he decides not to fix it, I have an 041 that needs a few exterior parts.

I finnaly persuaded all the bolts to come out of the tank on my homelite 550 and seperated the halves. Should I use yamabond 4 or 5 to seal my tank halves?

I finnaly persuaded all the bolts to come out of the tank on my homelite 550 and seperated the halves. Should I use yamabond 4 or 5 to seal my tank halves?

I'm with these guys. The Motoseal is easy to find, and should work great. On the 4 or 5, I'd have to do some research. Clean the halves with brake parts cleaner, and be sure they are sanded dead flat so they fit tightly together.

A little different project this time, a Stihl HS 60 AV hedge trimmer. This trimmer did clean up good. I think it will be a keeper, I just need to get the muffler off to see what the cylinder looks like. It needs a gas cap and a new gas line with filter. Also need to find a carb kit. I'm also looking for a operations manual for this trimmer.

The only thing I have left on my bench is an Echo 330T top handle saw that runs but is still minus a few parts. I picked up a gas cap, dealer ordered an air filter and I ordered a muffler from ebay so it should be ready in a couple of weeks or sooner. I bought it from a flea market fairly cheap but the parts may bring the price up a bit..

Been real itchy to get back on this one. Mr Randy cut the jug for a 395 piston, more fine work as usual. Just getting the case setup so I can finish the port work. I'm really eager to run this thing, never have laid hands on a ported 2100.
image.jpeg

Does someone know where i can buy stickers, banners, or some other articles to put in the shop? i can't find anything over here in Belgium.

Latest posts

Back