Back In The Shop......Now What's On Your Bench????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks exactly like my Sears Craftsman mower, but sprayed a different color!
Don't know wich model you have and when it is build but this is for 2015 models.

Craftsman T2000 Series, T3000 Series with Turn Tight: Husqvarna (These mowers are still made in the same plant that used to be owned by AYP (Amercian Yard Products) and Electrolux.

Craftsman G5100, G5500 with Turn Tight are also made by Husqvarna

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Is that some kind of brake to keep the blades from turning when they are disconnected? Kinda like a safety feature only maybe mis-adjusted? Don't know, just asking..
I also don't know it yet. But i'm figuring it out what it actually is. The only thing i know is that it is scraping onto that flywheel (or how should i call it) and that isn't correct :).
Keep you updated!

On my bench for the third time is my computer chair, broken after 2 times using the JB Weld and the third time using the JB plus putting a bolt in the thing and JB Welding it to the plastic arm. I give up on this project and am going to WalMart for a new one. Maybe I'll pick up a diet book while I'm there...

i got a line up again :D starting with 2 of these 031av's. one a full resto. the other get her running again.

finally all cleaned up. gees i hate the smell of dirty old saws.

hornets were nesting in the muffler and port :surprised3:

blast and weld up rust holes ready for painting.

will need to turn the bearing on the left so it looks like the one on the right. bloody stihl and their special bearings NLA.

blasted up it looks like new!

blasted primed and painted.. lots more bits to do the same too while i wait for parts from OS.

Finally getting to the 036 PRO! It got a new oem piston, seals, fuel line, filter and impulse line. The cylinder wasnt bad and only needed a little cleanup. It also got a carb kit, ignition wire and thin base gasket. The clutch cover was cracked so I got one from Glock37 and a new air cleaner cover from the dealer.
d6ce5a6b86c59c42996e618dab6be727.jpg

Finally getting to the 036 PRO! It got a new piston, seals, fuel line, filter and impulse line. The cylinder wasnt bad and only needed a little cleanup. It also got a carb kit, ignition wire and thin base gasket. The clutch cover was cracked so I got one from Glock37 and a new air cleaner cover from the dealer.
d6ce5a6b86c59c42996e618dab6be727.jpg
That saw would look a lot better sitting on that nice husky floor mat that you have. HAHAHA !!!!!!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

This has been a heck of a thread huh?

Jon and I just got the NH311 square baler off the bench. It's been a while since we had a chance to work on it.......but is is now ready to test in the field.

Started with this......

baler-nh311-002-jpg.427487

baler-nh311-003-jpg.427488

Now we have this.....

View attachment 443733

View attachment 443734
Remanufactured Randy or beaten into submission looks great either way

When you have an air leak at the intake somewhere on the carb or so and you don't have an pressure/vac tester they always told me to spray carb cleaner or wd40 somewhere at the intake. If the engine speed changes you should have a leak. I was just wondering if this method is reliable?

The best way is to pressure test it, usually not too hard to rig up a pressure tester with something around the shop.
I have three or four saws on my bench now, one I probably will just sell for parts and the rest fixable. I'm currently working on another Stihl 031 which came in with no spark. I disassembled it pretty completely and cleaned it all up including the points which was the problem. It now has fire but I haven't checked out the fuel system except I know it's all there. I'll try to finish it tomorrow if possible..

When you have an air leak at the intake somewhere on the carb or so and you don't have an pressure/vac tester they always told me to spray carb cleaner or wd40 somewhere at the intake. If the engine speed changes you should have a leak. I was just wondering if this method is reliable?

Brass fitting in the sparkplug hole with hose fitting on the other end attached to about a continuous 10psi of compressed air. Block off exhaust and intake with rubber gasket flange material and spray everywhere u r checking with water/soap solution, and if that doesn't find it, submerge the saw underwater

Latest posts

Back