Back with another 064/066 build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry if I added some confusion there for a minute!

Your other running 064 has the later cases that will accept the 0000 400 1300 coil from your 034 and this fresh project doesn't.....You are totally good to go by making the coil swap betwen the two saws.......Gotta love it when a plan comes together! :)

I will just run it this way and make life easier....

Also save a few bucks doing it...

Thanks for the help...

I noticed you said the 066 jug bolted up on your 064 case with no mods. That is only possible because you used the 5mm bolts. If you upgraded to the 6mm bolts that the 066 uses it would not have worked. As Rob mentioned the 064 as two possible coil mounting patterns. The later style has 4 bolt pads and will accept many different coils.

I have not done it yet with this build but with the last one the 064 head gasket did not line up with the holes in the 064 head.. I used a 066 gasket with no mods.. Looks like this one is gonna get a bb kit so I may go with the 6mm bolts.....

Ok now so after reading this I thought I would check my case.. Not sure if I am glad I did or not.. The insert on the clutch side is loose..

So now I need to find a new case.... Shame to everything was set up to put the case together next weekend when I come home...

Funny thing I started this build with not much more then a case with a crank in it... Crank was messed up and now so is the case..Got just about everything else now tho so to late to turn back :hmm3grin2orange:

Ok now so after reading this I thought I would check my case.. Not sure if I am glad I did or not.. The insert on the clutch side is loose..

So now I need to find a new case.... Shame to everything was set up to put the case together next weekend when I come home...

Funny thing I started this build with not much more then a case with a crank in it... Crank was messed up and now so is the case..Got just about everything else now tho so to late to turn back :hmm3grin2orange:

I may have a set of cases I could part with.

Looks like I struck a deal with jimbo1490 for a good case and also a 064 cylinder...

Will be nice to have a 064 next to the 066.....

Last edited:
little update:

thanks to jimbo1490 I now have a great case and a it looks like this will be a 064.. He sent a 064 cylinder with a little transfer that is all ready almost gone..

Thanks jimbo1490

Man me too!!!!

Got board started buying parts in spare time... All I have left from the parts box I started with is the flywheel and muffler.... I have bought or traded for the rest and still have a way to go!!

Would you put a new piston and rings in this??? :dunno:

DSC04797.jpg

DSC04792.jpg

I think I will...

I installed the new bearings last night as well...

DSC04798.jpg

DSC04802.jpg

I know not how everyone does it but I have done the last 2 like this with no problems...

Now for the hard part I am waiting for a tube of yammabond #4.. The site I ordered it from messed up the order and it will be some time next week before I get it.. The really hard part is waiting for it as I have not used anything on my case gaskets before and again I have had no trouble yet.. Knock on wood...

If the piston is as scratched as the bore I would get a new piston.

I do mine a little different. I install the bearings on the crankshaft first, heat the case halves and slide it all together. I just did an 066 today. Whatever works is the way to go though. :laugh:

As of now there is no piston and for they want for a used one on the bay I think I will get one from a site sponsor....

Latest posts

Back