Back with another 064/066 build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes as a gasket dressing...

I see nothing that would make me think a dry gasket will fail.. You know this is not helping me wait for the yammabond4 to come in...

Yes as a gasket dressing...

I see nothing that would make me think a dry gasket will fail.. You know this is not helping me wait for the yammabond4 to come in...

Quit stalling and get to work. :laugh:

Like Rob said, with a stihl gasket no worries. I do use some stickem with aftermarket gaskets though.

smooth like butta.....

now before I install the oil seals I have read folks are using grease on them... Why??? what type of grease???

smooth like butta.....

now before I install the oil seals I have read folks are using grease on them... Why??? what type of grease???

Grease or 2 cycle oil or whatever. The purpose it to not distort, tear, or allow the seal to flex enough to pop the spring off the inside of it. I have done that before on an 028. Just lube it with something. Grease lasts longer though in my opinion.

Another thing i do is spin the crank as i install the crank if its a "cases split" rebuild. Cuts down on friction and the possibilities of stated above issues.

Last edited:
Ok so if i use oil like i have done before I will be ok then... Good to know..

Seals are in,, so is the flywheel, coil and the tank is mounted. Now I am going out to the shop to heat the oil line then I will install the oilier....

This is where I ended up last night...

12112011121-1.jpg

Anyone have that rubber grommet that goes from the tank to the carb screws?? The dealer can't get it...

12112011120.jpg

12112011123.jpg

Gonna be gone with work till Fri.. Got a few things coming from the bay..

Will update later...

Thanks for watching!!!!!!!!!!

I just bought a base and filter. The hard one right now is the cover, but i will win that one too. I'm throwing everything i have at my 064. It will be a sweet running saw when its done.

I just bought a base and filter. The hard one right now is the cover, but i will win that one too. I'm throwing everything i have at my 064. It will be a sweet running saw when its done.

You better bid high.......I need that damn cover. :D

The one I got was just listed as bin..... I also got a refurbished clutch cover from the guy cheap....

Back