Backfiring and missing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffinIA

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Ok, Ive got a McCulloch Timber bear Im working on, Long story short, Everything to do with fuel system is brand new. I finally got it to (run?)
Tonite but its shooting flame out the muffler And it backfires through the carb. Im still trying to fine adjust it but have the low screw in (or out) a half turn and the high screw at a turn and a !/4 out. This is where it will start and run. at times it will clean out and scream like it should and then go back to missing and backfiring. Ive tried 3 different plugs and will get a new one but any suggestions short of making a boat anchor out of it? Thanks:chainsaw:

Hmmmm!!! points,,,,,condenser or is it electronic,,,, Plug wire bad???

Not flywheel key just checked everything looks good, By adjusting fuel screws it started to run almost good then started acting up again:deadhorse: :confused:

More to ignition than the flywheel,,, Check it out report back,,,,seen bad plug wire behave exaclty what you describe???

if all checks out see if you can run it on squirt bottle with fresh fuel mix,,, takes two people unless you are real fast that will point back to carb but ?????

Runs Like New!!!

:rock:
More to ignition than the flywheel,,, Check it out report back,,,,seen bad plug wire behave exaclty what you describe???

if all checks out see if you can run it on squirt bottle with fresh fuel mix,,, takes two people unless you are real fast that will point back to carb but ?????

River Rat and all Thank You,I never thought that something that had spark and would (sort of run) Would be a bad ignition mod, But it was. I put the new one on tonite and choked it once it fired and put the choke off and it runs like brand new!You Guys rock :rock: Thanks!

Now to dig out the old C -5 & C-7 Homelites Some of you guys are interested in,:chainsawguy:

Back