bad day

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshua mason

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
what a day. have a bunch of sugar maple to get at my wifes grandpa's. planned to finish it today and disaster struck. 3 chains trashed and only 2 pickup loads today. i hit mortar in 2 different pieces and i dont know what i hit with the 3rd chain i just bought today. guess i need to start packing a cutoff saw with a diamond blade with me from now on. lol. i think from now on ill get my wood from the woods instead of someones yard. i figure there will be less chances of hitting something that way. anyways, ill be back at it tomorrow. hope to finish it up.

Up in one of the arborist threads recently there was a crew that was happy they cut down the tree they knew had the concrete in it without rocking any chains.

Then they went to lift if out with their crane and realized they forgot to figure in the extra weight of concrete :D

Had to use sledge hammer and bar to break out the concrete.

what is the reason for the concrete. this was the first id ever seen it in a tree. oh yeah, after i trashed 3 chains and was telling her grandpa, he said, "yeah i remember them saying there was concrete in there". lol

what is the reason for the concrete. this was the first id ever seen it in a tree. oh yeah, after i trashed 3 chains and was telling her grandpa, he said, "yeah i remember them saying there was concrete in there". lol

That sucks!

back in the day working for a tree company we were running the log tuck and just loading up the base of a tree we just took down. 4-8 feet up the trunk we kept killing chains. cut all the wood around the '' object '' then just lifted and dropped the trunk ( about 10 times ) with the hydraulic arm till it snapped..........it was then we saw the bricks and mortar drop to the ground.

Back