Bad feedback here

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
trimmmed said:
Hmm, did you get a breakdown of how/what the returned money was for? Was the carb kit for $7 specifically excluded or is it just you are $7 short and figure that's what it's for. How were the costs for shipping, ebay fee's, and paypal fee's accounted for in the refund? Maybe the $7 is in one of those.

That is part of the problem. I don't get squat from him. I am sure I have sent 12 or more e-mails with only one back. I got a Paypal credit for $45, which was the price of the piston/cylinder and no explanation, no e-mail.

I have repeatedly asked why and if I could help speed up the process and it is like talking to space.

I did mention that he was good on the shipping and the parts were in good condition. It is only in trying to get the refund resolved that I am having trouble.

I have sent four more e-mails since getting the $45 refund with no answer. If fact, I was online when I got the Paypal refund and I quick sent him an e-mail about why it was not $52(I figured he must still be online) and I still got nothing.

He was the one who told me to send back the parts with no problem, but I assume no problem means getting a refund when the parts got back. I sent him auction numbers and the listings and I never heard anything until I sent an e-mail of my dispeasure. Then, I felt bad, since normally I am pretty nice, so I e-mailed him and apologized and said I was sure he would take care of it. He e-mailed back and said he would. That was a week ago.

I sent another one this morning and told him what I had written here and I also told him that it would be nice to post that this was resolved. I know it is a small amount, and if he needs to cover eBay charges/Paypal charges, I would be fine with that. He just needs to contact me and explain things, which he has never done!!

One thing in my defense about the carb kit is he said it would fit all 009, 010, and 011's. How was I to know without digging that they had more than one type of carb? He should refund my full $7 and make his description a little better, like which carb the kit fits.

TreeCo said:
Good god man stop taking up this sellers time!

I agree with Dan on this one. That seller has a 99.4% feedback rating with over 10,000 positive feedback received. Also he has almost 2000 active auctions. Furthermore, buying on ebay has its inherent risks. Paypal and ebay fees are trivial imo.

I guess I was raised with "Right is right and wrong is wrong". I don't plan on debating whether or not he has a great rating or how many transactions he has. Read the posts and see why I am having trouble. Not refunding the $7 is still wrong whether or not it is a small amount or a large amount. I have offered to help in any way I could and I have heard nothing from him.

I hope you gentleman who disagree with me have many successful eBay transactions(if you use eBay). This is the first time I have ever had any trouble. I know there are risks, but you try to minimize the risk by checking feedback and using reputable sellers. I did what the seller said I could do(return the parts) and the result was not was not what I was led to believe. If you think that is my problem, that is ok. That is what this forum is for as long as we keep away from personal attacks. I will e-mail this seller until the cows come home because I learned long ago that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. If I need something done, I need to make a big deal about it so it gets done, sometimes.

Crikey

Some serious wheeling and dealing stuff here ... $7 is a lot.:)

:chainsaw: Never mind me I seldom come here as I seldom buy much except for new stuff. Sort of reminds me of a job I did that cost $495 and the customer gave me $500 and insisted on the $5 change ...

that $5 sure makes a big impression on people, them of me ... and me of them.

What kind of profit margin do you think this guy is working on? It sounds like he has treated you more than fair but he has drawn the line at holding your hand. Ditto for Casey and his ebay feedback drivel.

two guys agreeing with dan in the same thread...that's gotta be some kind of record....

when he's right, he's right, and he's right...

TreeCo said:

What kind of profit margin do you think this guy is working on? It sounds like he has treated you more than fair but he has drawn the line at holding your hand. Ditto for Casey and his ebay feedback drivel.

Perhaps you missed this one....

CaseyForrest said:
I dont want anyone to get the wrong impression of my posts either. His prices are great, his shipping is quick, and hes a fair seller.

Some one asked about their dealing with this particular seller. I replied with my particular dealings with the seller not once, but twice. Im sure I stated the above in my first response to bamas post.

No need to escalate this into a pissing match because you consider what I write as drivel. This is a public forum, you dont like what someone says, then forget you read it.

bama said:
I am new to working on Stihls, but I just love to work on saws, so I took on a rebuild of an 011 for a guy who sent it to me. I needed some parts and I couldn't get them from Scott, so I remembered a member mentioning "cheapstihlparts" on eBay, so I bought what I figured I needed from him. I got the parts quick and he discounted my shipping on multiple items, but, being new to the stihl world, I bought the wrong cylinder(used) and the carb kit was not the right one for this saw. He said send it back, so I did. I finally got the refund for the cylinder last night which was 12 days after he got the part back. He didn't refund me the carb kit(returned it the same box) and now I am trying to get that $7 back. It seems that if you order the right parts, you will like this eBayer, but if you have to return something, be ready to wait. BTW, he is not quick at answering e-mails if he answers them at all.

I debated whether to post this because I am a patient person and hopefully this will get resolved. But, once you have the item in hand after it was returned, shouldn't you get a refund without having to send repeated, unanswered e-mails?

I am pretty frustrated at the whole deal. Am I right to feel this way or is it me?

So what your saying is you bought the wrong parts...Your lucky he even took them back..Your mess up really isnt his problem..

BTW do you know what it cost him by letting you use paypal.. How much time did it take to box and ship for him.

You really need to know what your ordering or you could be stuck with something..

Ever try to return special order parts at a dealer when you brought him the part numbers.. Bet he would say there yours or your going to pay restocking fee..

Last edited:
04ultra said:
So what your saying is you bought the wrong parts...Your lucky he even took them back..Your mess up really isnt his problem..

BTW do you know what it cost him by letting you use paypal.. How much time did it take to box and ship for him.

You really need to know what your ordering or you could be stuck with something..

Ever try to return special order parts at a dealer when you brought him the part numbers.. Bet he would say there yours or your going to pay restocking fee..

I have been an eBay buyer and seller for few years, so yes, I do know what Paypal costs. I was prepared to list these parts myself if he didn't take them back so I could get close to breaking even. But, he offered to take them back. How is that my fault? If he agrees to take them back and doesn't give me a refund, that seems pretty unfair. If he wanted a handling fee, listing fees, etc.., I am fine with that, too. But, I have heard nothing. I never intended to scam him out of anything. He won't reply to anything I send him, so I don't know what he is thinking. I guess we will have to disagree on who is at fault here. The responsibility became his when he said he would take the parts back. Otherwise, I would be selling them right now and wouldn't have to wait a few weeks to maybe get a response...or not get a response.

One thing I don't like about the written word as opposed to the spoken word is that you can't tell a person's tone of voice. Your post reads, to me, as if you are lecturing me and I don't know you well enough to know if that is correct. We all make mistakes and that is how we learn. May all of your mistakes be treated more graciously, online, as mine.

My Wife reminded me it is Christmas

My wife, bless her heart, says that I am acting differently, especially after reading these posts, so it is time to do the Christian thing. I have written an e-mail offering the $7 as payment for the fees and will forgive him and ask for my forgiveness. If my wife says I am acting different from being on the site, this stuff(including these posts) must be bothering me.

I have learned so much being on this site and have always been treated very nicely and respectfully. My apologies to those I may have offended in these posts and I hope that my mention of "Christ" does not add to any inflamatory posts. Sometimes it is much harder to live the faith than believe it.

Thanks to the members who PM'd me.

Brad

Bryce contacted me

I got an e-mail this morning and Bryce still refunded the entire $7. He said he was in Canada and couldn't get out for two days. He sounds as if he is really busy and he mentioned it is hard to find good help. I think he has more business than he can handle and has a hard time keeping up.

While I don't like how long I had to wait for this deal to be finished, I can see how it would take someone who has too many things to get done, to get around to everyone in a reasonable amount of time(at least what I consider reasonable).

I have learned lessons from this experience and I do take responsiblility for ordering the wrong parts. I will ask more questions and take more time to make sure I order the right parts. I will also have to work on not letting these little things get to me!

I bought a 181 husky and when it got shipped the gas tank and handle got broke I also was uder the impression that the saw was a real runner but after further reveiw the porting looks like Ray Charles did it with a rasp file Also the carb to intake had NO gasket,and the ring are shot! OH YA the bar nuts are in killer condition

Lol
John

Latest posts

Back