Bad feedback here

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MS-310 said:
As it stands, from talking to Jack, it was clear to me to get the truth out, and had posted Jacks first PM to me, I got banned for it, but I was right!

Jack got caught re-selling a "part-saw" as he was told it needed to be rebuilt,,,,,,,,,,

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=30911

After being told that it needed rebuilding, Jack tried to sell it a week latter,By misrepresenting it ,,,,,

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=31193

And sell it again by misrepresentation here,,,,,,,

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=33189

After a few members in good standing here offered to mediat, and Jack was offered the use of a service like Pay-Pal, And relinquishing every opportunity I had offered to return the saw to him, and secure payment.
Jack disavowed any means of securing payment of his own, as he clearly states here!

With an offer to ask his local Sheriffs dept. if they would serve as mediator, Jack opted to retain a Lawyer!

Jack, as far as making a cut with that saw, as you also said that the saw "needs lots of work. " ,before you were trying to sell it , that is!
I was very clear about all the problems this saw has!

I gave you your last chance to make it right!

Jack, I'm done with you here,,,,,,, unless you really want to see rude?

Kevin

What are you insinuating with this negative rep point?

Yes, that's how I operate. Give me a break!!! I've been burned on more saw deals than most people ever will (not by arboristsite members), do you know how many times I've let it upset me? ZERO.. It's just a freakin chainsaw. Why don't you ask all my customers how I run my business? Find out just what kind of a shady deal I have going on with MS-310, it's sweet I'll tell ya! Don't you have something better to do than come up with a conspiracy theory about this?

ShoerFast said:
Thanks for the remind of rule #7 , I'm sure he can repay you if you run a shaddy deal via here? ,,, MS-310 was wrong, the saw was junk, and he would not sucure the return, he ripped me off, is that how you opperate?

04ultra said:
Why are we dragging a post from back in july up??

agreed, but now i just have to ask......
retoocs555.........if i understand your post correctly, u believe it is NOT a problem for a person to lay out a substantial amount of hard earned cash for a misrepresented saw?

if i misunderstand this, lemme know and i will delete my post.

NO, it's wrong that shoerfast got ripped off. Obviously he got a junk saw that was advertised as good. No argument there.

My problem is that rule #7 only seems to apply to some site memebers and not others. I think that PMs are just that, private messages and should be kept that way. Anybody can create false PM's emails, or whatever and post them on here to ruin somebody.

What I was trying to do, at the time, was mention it so you could edit your post. I WANTED you to make your case against MS-310 and until 2 days ago I was on YOUR side of this dispute. I though maybe somebody would come along and enforce the rules and delete your post that was in violation. I wanted the community to see what you had to say.

Oh, and about digging this old thread up. That would be shoerfast. He left me that negative rep point about it the day before yesterday. He was probably going through a pile of old posts just handing out negative rep points for fun! But, what he said in his rep on my account really crossed a line with me:angry:

Maybe I should quote some of your PMs here to illustrate my point:

Edited to remove the PM's, they served purpose.

:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

Last edited:
i thought Shoerfast was banned for a period of time after posting the pm's and/or emails? ....hence breaking rule #7 and and getting just punishment.

it is OK for u to post pm's? i am more confused now!!

your post a few posts back seems to say getting ripped off is not a big deal, than you say it is wrong Shoerfast got ripped off. ??????

honestly, i have NO interest in any of the members involved in this matter, i am just trying to understand what is going on and i seem to be missing a piece of the puzzle. :deadhorse:

I thought my original post was neutral. I've re-read it several times and still fail to see how it upset shoerfast so much.

I was merely trying to remind them both that there are more important things in life.

I do honestly believe that MS-310 should have taken the saw back.

And, if shoerfast was banned for a period becuase of this why weren't the quoted PM's removed? If he can do it, why not everybody else? I've never quoted (or.. ahem.. mis-quoted) anybody's PM's to me before so I can't say what will happen because I don't know.

What the heck is going on!!!!

I tried to tell people that I did try to make it right with him on that saw, if I was good with words I could make you understand what went right, Im still a big peice of crap I know but I DID TRY TO MAKE IT RIGHT. Any ways..... screaw it I tryed and tryed but he was rude and more rude.... if you guys seen the PM's In my mail BOX you would see what I ment..... The first one was me telling shoerfast that I would take the saw back, just ship it back, just like e-bay I would have, but he never said in like 3days he wanted it back just complaned about the say for 3days and called me some things that I did not like, he offered a MOD. I dont know who this washington hot saw guy is,(im sure he is a good guy) but I had no idea. Plus I talked to my lawer and he did talk to me about the words said in the Pm from shoerfast where very rude and was thinking of going farther with it. Anyways shoerfast if you would like to go farther with this I guess we can its up to you......(remember that). Im sure you are going to say im the biggist lier and so on.....
MAN YOU GOING TO "DRIVE ME OFF THIS SITE" I would not like that but if it must happen it will.

Sorry tis cam back up
Jack Holden
Cell 269-838-2011
call me if you would like me to talk to you more about this.

retoocs555...i was reading the following a few posts back which gave me the impression u felt it was no big deal being ripped off on a saw deal.

"Yes, that's how I operate. Give me a break!!! I've been burned on more saw deals than most people ever will (not by arboristsite members), do you know how many times I've let it upset me? ZERO.. It's just a freakin chainsaw. Why don't you ask all my customers how I run my business? Find out just what kind of a shady deal I have going on with MS-310, it's sweet I'll tell ya! Don't you have something better to do than come up with a conspiracy theory about this?"

maybe i am mis-interpreting something? if so, my apologies

ms-310...not for nothing, but is apparent with your prior postings about the saw that it was a misrepresented deal on the saw from the "get-go". but that is just my opinion after reading your postings about the saw prior to selling it.

Vman said:
retoocs555...i was reading the following a few posts back which gave me the impression u felt it was no big deal being ripped off on a saw deal.

"Yes, that's how I operate. Give me a break!!! I've been burned on more saw deals than most people ever will (not by arboristsite members), do you know how many times I've let it upset me? ZERO.. It's just a freakin chainsaw. Why don't you ask all my customers how I run my business? Find out just what kind of a shady deal I have going on with MS-310, it's sweet I'll tell ya! Don't you have something better to do than come up with a conspiracy theory about this?"

maybe i am mis-interpreting something? if so, my apologies

ms-310...not for nothing, but is apparent with your prior postings about the saw that it was a misrepresented deal on the saw from the "get-go". but that is just my opinion after reading your postings about the saw prior to selling it.

Like I said I was making an atemp to return the money or pay to fix the parts I must of left out. I really did try thats the point and I really would have done it if he wasnt ...... I didnt WANT TO SCREAW HIM, that wasnt any freaking part in this im really really sorry it came to be like this.... I did try to make it right, I know that he wanted to make it right also but he was so rude and ever thing else, call me a stealer a lier and ever thing under the sun, I was rasied to the point that I thought that was very rude and............. screaw it. I talked to many people about this that has seen the saw and ever PM he sent so Im not going to lose any sleep over this again.

ShoerFast said:
How is it again, oh yes.

Shoerfast pls dont bring retoocs555 in to are fight, he has done nothing wroung, he thinks im the dumb @ s s.
How the heck did this happen to start up again?

He was banned for a short time for the pm posting and obviously we missed some when deleting them. Please don't drag this post up from several months ago. The next guy who posts about the MS-310 deal goes away for a week. Its old news and we don't need to bring it up again. If rectwhatever could see the latest bad feedback wasn't even about that. It was something else. Just let it go.

Trouble getting a refund

I am new to working on Stihls, but I just love to work on saws, so I took on a rebuild of an 011 for a guy who sent it to me. I needed some parts and I couldn't get them from Scott, so I remembered a member mentioning "cheapstihlparts" on eBay, so I bought what I figured I needed from him. I got the parts quick and he discounted my shipping on multiple items, but, being new to the stihl world, I bought the wrong cylinder(used) and the carb kit was not the right one for this saw. He said send it back, so I did. I finally got the refund for the cylinder last night which was 12 days after he got the part back. He didn't refund me the carb kit(returned it the same box) and now I am trying to get that $7 back. It seems that if you order the right parts, you will like this eBayer, but if you have to return something, be ready to wait. BTW, he is not quick at answering e-mails if he answers them at all.

I debated whether to post this because I am a patient person and hopefully this will get resolved. But, once you have the item in hand after it was returned, shouldn't you get a refund without having to send repeated, unanswered e-mails?

I am pretty frustrated at the whole deal. Am I right to feel this way or is it me?

bama said:
I am new to working on Stihls, but I just love to work on saws, so I took on a rebuild of an 011 for a guy who sent it to me. I needed some parts and I couldn't get them from Scott, so I remembered a member mentioning "cheapstihlparts" on eBay, so I bought what I figured I needed from him. I got the parts quick and he discounted my shipping on multiple items, but, being new to the stihl world, I bought the wrong cylinder(used) and the carb kit was not the right one for this saw. He said send it back, so I did. I finally got the refund for the cylinder last night which was 12 days after he got the part back. He didn't refund me the carb kit(returned it the same box) and now I am trying to get that $7 back. It seems that if you order the right parts, you will like this eBayer, but if you have to return something, be ready to wait. BTW, he is not quick at answering e-mails if he answers them at all.

I debated whether to post this because I am a patient person and hopefully this will get resolved. But, once you have the item in hand after it was returned, shouldn't you get a refund without having to send repeated, unanswered e-mails?

I am pretty frustrated at the whole deal. Am I right to feel this way or is it me?

Im still waiting for feedback from this guy. First time I bought from him it took 3 months of hounding to get him to leave it.

Its been another 6 since Ive done business with him and still no feedback. His customer service skills suck.

CaseyForrest said:
Im still waiting for feedback from this guy. First time I bought from him it took 3 months of hounding to get him to leave it.

Its been another 6 since Ive done business with him and still no feedback. His customer service skills suck.

Did you get the parts quick? I could live without the feedback if he would just make things square with me. I will e-mail him as many times a day as I can to get the money. I am not that cheap, but I do believe in being honest and serving your customers. I will not even consider doing business with him again if I am not the only one thinking he needs some help. I only wish I hadn't left the feedback on the other items I had bought. No leverage now. I wonder if I can get Paypal to help me? It is only $7, but I have been more than patient and fair.

I thought he must be good since his feedback was in the thousands. Live and learn.

bama said:
Did you get the parts quick? I could live without the feedback if he would just make things square with me. I will e-mail him as many times a day as I can to get the money. I am not that cheap, but I do believe in being honest and serving your customers. I will not even consider doing business with him again if I am not the only one thinking he needs some help. I only wish I hadn't left the feedback on the other items I had bought. No leverage now. I wonder if I can get Paypal to help me? It is only $7, but I have been more than patient and fair.

I thought he must be good since his feedback was in the thousands. Live and learn.

Yes, shipping was fast, and parts were as described or better.

Its just that his customer service sucks. Took a long time to get questions answered. The feedback issue has been beat to death here on AS as well, but it is part of the process of doing business on Ebay, if one side holds up to their end, the other should not hesitate to hold their end up as well.

Take my last transaction...the EDT8 I just bought. I left the seller feedback as soon as I got it, it was in as described condition, so he got a positive. Not 12 hours later I had mine. Deals done.

bama said:

Hmm, did you get a breakdown of how/what the returned money was for? Was the carb kit for $7 specifically excluded or is it just you are $7 short and figure that's what it's for. How were the costs for shipping, ebay fee's, and paypal fee's accounted for in the refund? Maybe the $7 is in one of those.

In no way am I defend the transaction you are talking about but I will say that Bryce sent me a couple parts I needed quick and at a fair price. He also helped me out on a deal that he did not have to. He did it just to help a guy out.

Bill

Bill G said:
In no way am I defend the transaction you are talking about but I will say that Bryce sent me a couple parts I needed quick and at a fair price. He also helped me out on a deal that he did not have to. He did it just to help a guy out.

Bill

I dont want anyone to get the wrong impression of my posts either. His prices are great, his shipping is quick, and hes a fair seller.

Latest posts

Back