Bad neighbor!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good post ^^^^ above^^^
People who don't clean up their own messes, dog or not, and expect others to do so can kiss my azz.
Years ago in another life, I had a neighbour with a small yappy POS dog (some sort of blond terrier I think) that they'd let out at night to crap in my front yard (did not have a back one). It was everywhere :( No matter how politely I mentioned this they always denied it was their dog doing this.
Long story short, I came home one afternoon and the lady I was with said 'Hey guess what?' and she had the little craphound trapped. I am not a mean person so didn't want to stomp the little bastard, but at the time we were doing some trim in dark blue Varathane (sp), so in a fit of, of, of, dunno, poo-rage, I took a brush and painted his nuts, gave him a doggy treat and sent him home. The next morning as I was going to work I was met at the door by a very excited and distressed woman who wondered if anyone around was using blue paint, we vehemently denied any knowledge, (and she never even mentioned the dog). Never saw it again for over two years. The funny thing was (at least to me) when I was driving to work that day I noticed blue paint all over my own hands :D DOH! It was mean I suppose, but very satisfying at the time and I near pizzed myself laughing (yes, I was a ####head att).
Moral> clean up after yer dang pets!
Story ends :p
So you're gonna tell of your nasty deeds and then send me an FU rep? That's kinda contradictory isn't it? Esp when i was not speaking from experience, just making a statement! Easy there John Wayne! Easy!

777ER what you need is a good old smokey wood boiler set up on his side of your property. That ll give him something to cry about. Also a little roundup, not too much, about a gallon or so does wonders on your neighbors lawn.

I want to spilt the logs from this tree I cut down 2 weeks ago...
and burn it with the wood boiler on the edge of the backyard...not sure if the type of tree would make good fire logs?

0819081009a.jpg

A gallon of leftover roundup in the garage and a super soaker...now that's a idea :D

just go over to his yard and drop a mean deuce. in plain sight of him. maybe bring some cardboard so he or his family cant see your junk so you dont get charged with anything bad.

that should get his attention.

I am pretty lucky with my neighbors. The one that is closest to my wood stash says he loves the smell. Says he wishes I would cut up more white oak though, as he likes the smell of that one best.

Also, we live in a neighborhood of huge oaks that are dying all the time. They know I cut up trees for free. They can be nice to me and I will do it free or they can pay the tree guy a grand to do it...

And before someone else gets in the obvious joke, yes, I guess he does like to "sniff my wood".

C

I want to spilt the logs from this tree I cut down 2 weeks ago...
and burn it with the wood boiler on the edge of the backyard...not sure if the type of tree would make good fire logs?

0819081009a.jpg

A gallon of leftover roundup in the garage and a super soaker...now that's a idea :D

Looks like Sumac. I never cared for the smell of crushed leaves. Don't know how it will smell burning. Won't last long though - fairly soft wood.

Our dogs always barked at the neighbors Standard Poodle that strayed into our yard and others. It tore up the garbage and dumped on the front lawns everyday. I got tired of it and 1 day as they were walking the dog off leash and allowing it to dump in other people's yards the dog came into our yard. Big mistake, I took our garden hose refurbished with a full pressure nozzle and soaked the dog. The lady came running up screaming at me, I told her I was tired of her dog ripping open our garbage every week and dumping on our lawn every day. She walked off in a huff.

It took several soakings and I am sure the neighbors know who caused their dog to come home soaking wet, but now the dog stays out of our yard and runs away if I just open the door while it is across the street.:clap:

Sumac-firestarter

We have lots of the stuff at the cabin, and after it dies we use the branches for kindling. Even when wet it dries super fast and burns quick for a firestarter. I have never burned the seed heads as they are usually eaten by wildlife.

:mad: :jawdrop:

While I generally agree with everything that has been said about bad neighbors and I have a bad neighbor myself. But I used fish emulsion fertilizer full strength for fertilizer and sprayed it along property lines during their party. I was gagging myself but it worked after several times as he ignores me now.

But to suggest putting out antifreeze to deliberately poison a dog and cause lots of pain and suffering to it for lack of care by the owner is reprehensible,cruel and illegal and if you are caught you may go to jail or pay HEAVY fines also not him.:angry2: :censored:

I have seen what happens when a dog gets exposed to antifreeze and it is not a pretty sight. THey stagger about as if drunk and vomit repeatedly. They then go into a coma and die. It only takes a few sips to kill the dog or cat. It is also toxic to people and probably more toxic if your kid found the interesting green liquid that tasted sweet.
THINK ABOUT THAT AND A MURDER CHARGE.

From a DVM site:
Early symptoms are much like alcohol intoxication. Dogs and cats may vomit due to the irritating effects of ethylene glycol on the stomach. They drink and urinate excessively and may be depressed and wobbly. The increased thirst is due to stimulation of the thirst centers of the brain. Pets may seem on the road to recovery twelve hours later as the ethylene glycol is metabolized by the liver and kidneys. However, a day later in cats and two days later in dogs the patients suddenly becomes much worse. They become depressed, weak, and dehydrated. They may develop diarrhea, mouth ulcers, rapid breathing and seizures. Their kidneys are often painful and swollen.

If your neighbors are that bad throw the crap in their pool, on their door,run up their water bill somehow, collect the dog poo on your shoe and walk in their house and say oops after rubbing it on their carpets. Leave bombs in strategic places.

Harmless pranks are fine and do work but suggesting death to the innocent party and a criminal act is STUPID.

Please do not take it out on the dog and cause it pain and unbelievable suffering. Would you like to see your pet or kid have that trauma?

If someone were to ever deliberately harm one our dogs they may get the same result or worse if possible, that is how strong how feel about our dogs and so do many other dog owners.

++++++++1

All apologies

To all that i offended for making the statement about the antifreeze, i wasn't speaking from experience, but i am sorry. It was the wrong thing to say and i'm a man that can admit my wrong so there you have it, i'm really sorry for that one guys! Hope this eases your mind for your beloved pets, Trevor:clap:

To all that i offended for making the statement about the antifreeze, i wasn't speaking from experience, but i am sorry. It was the wrong thing to say and i'm a man that can admit my wrong so there you have it, i'm really sorry for that one guys! Hope this eases your mind for your beloved pets, Trevor:clap:
no feelings hurt here, people should keep their pets in their yards, I have pets and love them but they stay in my yard and I clean up after them also so there's no nasty smell.

Thanks and our pets thank you as well!:clap:

Glad to see that the antifreeze issue is resolved, Shouldn't do it to a dog, maybe not to the owner either! We did a dog trick when were in college, shaved the dog down the center if his back, with electric clippers, Painted the stripe with one of those liquid glow sticks, sent him home about midnight, man did he look spooky!:laugh:

UPDATE!

The bad neighbor reported to the town police and they issued 3 summons for cutting 3 trees down without a permit!!!

For a fact I only cut one. And it's a sumac weed tree.

The tenants upstairs has a baby and they use the backyard to spend time with the baby outside and I had to remove the tree as it's a weed tree for a fact and it was a possible danger as seeing it fell down with ease in the pictures I posted earlier.

Now there's a court date for tomorrow...

Last edited:
Looks like Sumac. I never cared for the smell of crushed leaves. Don't know how it will smell burning. Won't last long though - fairly soft wood.

Found out it's a Staghorn Sumac tree.

That's pretty big for a sumac!

They have such pretty fall color.

Is all of the brush still laying in the yard?

Yep in the back by the garden area in sections. Not on the lawn where they've been dropping seeds.

Do I have to destroy them to stop the spread or save a piece for the court?

There's 2 more to take down because they formed like 3 roots from one hub.
2 still standing and from what I read, the entre clone should be treated.

I still have to cut down 2 more of them but now I got a court date to deal with...

Last edited:
you have to get a permit to take down a tree??? good grief.... what is this world coming to.. you say there are 2 more and you were cited for 3.. looks like you got more cutting to do... about 10 pm fire it up LOL or a very first light

Some people on our street have the guts to leave the bags hanging on the mailboxes of neighbors after they pick up the the crap. I guess they are too weak to carry 1# or their nose is out of joint or rather should be put of joint.
I saw 1 lady do this to our mailbox and I waited for her to come back around then asked her if she dropped something. She said no what was I talking about and I pointed to the bag. I told her that I saw her leave it for the mailman and she should pick up the mail instead.:hmm3grin2orange: I told her it was a Federal crime to leave other items in a mailbox other than mail or inhibit mail delivery by hanging s:censored: at the opening and I would report it next time.

Please tell me your kidding. That's beyond the pale. You were right to be pi$$ed.

Back to the original post: you did everyone a favor by knocking that thing down if it's a tree of heaven.

Last edited:
Back