Bad starting SC352 Help!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevieb

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi I have a Vermeer SC352 about 280 hours on the clock less then 2 years old and winter has arrived and i just cant start her. Just before the battery gives up I have no choice but to put easy start down her neck to get her going which I know is bad but I dont have a choice.

There is smoke coming out the exhaust when im turning her over and the glow plug switch is timing out correctly? I just dont know what to look for Im hoping it something simple. Once she starts once it will go all day.

Cheers

check all the glow plugs are actually working correctly, easy start is an engine killer and on an engine with glow plugs you can cause severe damage if your not careful

If it has glow plugs they are usually below or above each injector of each cyclinder.
If it has a grid heater (usually cummins) it is in the intake, you can see a fat wire going to it, comes from the relay.
Either system should show 12 volts during the glow plug cycle.
What engine do you have?

Broken end connector on glow plug wire coming out of distrubution block(black box behind ignition with a bunch of wires coming out of it) Check it. Take off that ignition switch panel, everything is behind that. I have had this happen three times. While you are in there make sure you check all your other connections

This is an issue of machine vibration that rattles the wires to snap at their connections.

my engine is a dihastus sorry cant spell for toffee. why is it alwasy god damn freezing cold when you have to work on stuff?

Stevie, call Briggs and stratton in Winsford, Cheshire, thats their european headquaters. Should get you sorted in double quick time.

Latest posts

Back