Bad water in Georgia? Or rampant drug use?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If John Lambert can get $1000 for an 090, this guy might get his price.

His real mistake was starting so high...or is that your point?

This guy's out there. SP-125s go for around $200-300, tops. He's in good company with that Craftsman two-man for $250, or those PowerMac saws that people keep putting up for over $150.

Brand new 090s will hit $1K in a pinch, but I've seen good used ones for under $500.

That's my saw you're talking about. Before any of you comment negatively on an item you see on another site, you should look to see if the owner is a member of this site. I am, and have been since last August.
Not all Mcculloch saws are "door stops on submarines". They had some strong, dependable models in the late 60's and 70's. This saw is one of those from that era. I realize that this particular brand gets very little respect on this site and I'm not going to try to justify the price to you guys, there's no need. If you don't appreciate this model saw....just don't bid on it, but try to refrain from insulting and humiliating a fellow member of this club.
Thanks,
Dave Trotter

Uh oh I knew someone would catch us laughing at their auction sometime. Though I didnt comment on this one and I apologize for even thinking of what I would have said. Though no offense Dave but that submarine door comment really cracked me up:D

Hey Dave,

Don't take things so personally, life is too short. This forum is all about sharing info and having fun. Nobody set out to humiliate you, just poking fun. I didn't see a PC sign when I signed up and as a matter of fact there was a little beware sign that this was a raucous place. Everbody gets their turn here, not just you. None of it is mean spirited or designed to hurt. Chill, dude.

We don't mean anything personal by the comments.

I'm also not knocking Macs. The SP-125 is a great, powerful saw. It's just that the only people who are going to pay that much don't know the market. I could get a Stihl 090 on a good day for $100 less.

exactly, i just thought that with todays market of high speed saws with throttle interlock and chain brakes that any older saw,regardless of what make would bring such a price. i wish you luck and hope you can sell it for that price. marty

ya know when I started reading this and saw his name on ebay I thought with a name like that he might be a member. What was the price anyway?? It's a buck now, if it was a high buy it now price I can see that, if someone wants to pay why not try it?

Lust4saws, If I offended you , sorry that wasn't my intention. My point is this, the 30 year old saws that draw $500 and up are few and far between , I don't think your saw is one of them. I could be wrong but I very seriously doubt it! I personally have a 1997 Plmouth Prowler go-kart that I paid over 2 grand for new, I'd sell it for 2 grand but can't find anyone willing to pay that much for it so I'll keep it forever, just about as long as you'll have that saw.

They say the proof is in the pudding. We'll see how high the bidding goes. Probably nowhere, now that our resident Mopar-man has shooed us all away from the bidding :rolleyes:

I've watched common things go through the roof, even more than new prices occasionally, on e-bay. Others languish and die. Starting at a high opening bid seems like it dooms the sale most of the time.

But ya never know...e-bay sure isn't an indicator of worth, as we've seen. How many people have made a purchase, waited for shipping, and almost sobbed when they saw what they actually got? I have been so embarrassed I was ashamed to even send for my money back a time or two.

I think that's really what Sedan had in mind with his thread...not a cut on a saw, but a slam on all of us yahoos that bid stuff up far past what it's worth.

I have an old XL-12, it was given to me and worth every penny. I tinkered and got it running at which point it may have been worth $30.00. I put on a brand new bar/chain, and sprocket, now it's worth about $30.00. If someone bids anything up to a rediculous price on E-bay it's because that item is worth that price to them and that's why it's called an auction. I myself paid over $200.00 for a really nice 015! Before anyone crucifies me for calling out an outrageous opening bid (which has now been changed) ask yourself if you thought it was nuts before Lust4saws stepped forward. The thing that really amazies me is that people buy Stihl owners manuals on E-bay when you can get five of them for free on the Stihl site just for asking for them , go to "library" then "literature/info" then "click here to get an owners manual".

God!, I must be rich beyond all compare then! How much was the reserve on that saw? I bet my old Mac 200 will fetch at least $750:rolleyes: Sorry guys , I caught this thread a little late, but couldn't believe the reserve set for that saw on ebay!

Latest posts

Back