Bailey's Customer Service

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TraditionalTool

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have ordered quite a few times from Bailey's and I always get my product fast, usually 2 days, but this order was blindingly fast!

On Monday there was a thread about Oregon chain, in this thread.

For one thing, I always like to patronize companies where the owner is out in the trenches answering questions and fixing problems, an example of that is Rob Lee (Leonard Lee's son) of Lee Valley, and as such I like to patronize them.

In this case Nik sent me a PM with some info on the Woodland Pro 1/4" pitch 10SC, and I decided to order a loop. I ordered it late on Monday evening, about 6:00pm. Arrived at my house Wed. morning at 10:30am, that has to be a new record. They made the loop in that timeframe and got it out. This was USPS, so say what you like about the USPS, they do good and I like their priority service.

Spectacular!

I'm a happy Bailey's customer, they have earned my business with their customer service. All the products I've bought from them have been great, and service is top notch.

Cheers,
TT

:agree2::agree2::agree2::agree2:

They are very helpful, and very informative, if I have a question they will more than likely have a answer, and if not will transfer you to someone who does.

I wish my order's would get to me in 2 days. I have to plan ahead before I place a order because I wont see it for 5-6 buisness days after the order is placed. But I also live across the country.

You won't get better service anywhere.
Brad,

Really seems so, really good people.

As it turns out, they are just about 2 hours by car from my property in Kelseyville, where my log home will end up. I think they're about 4 hours north of me from my house in San Jose.

BTW, I have to say, UPS ground service sucks, that's how you shipped the 359 to me. For me, especially if I buy from mid-west or back east, UPS ground is the worst service for me in the world. However, there is no real choice for anything of decent size/weight, so UPS wins out in that regard. You probably feel the same way. They broke a post drill in shipping and I had to wrestle with them for months to get payment for the damage, but they did pay. I'm finding that even on non-flat-rate packages, USPS is competitive though...in fact, Bailey's always defaults to UPS, and I almost always want USPS. I guess the Pony Express still holds true...:) You guys are in a pickle on the bigger stuff though...(i.e., both folks like Bailey's & Brad), and UPS seems to dominate in that size/weight range.

Cheers,
TT

Baileys appreciation thread

I am also a really happy Baileys customer, when I make and order I'll ask a pal if he wants in to make shipping worthwhile, chains locally are expensive as hell when compared to the woodland pro, so loops are always on order.

I have been able to find stuff that I cannot find elsewhere without paying a fortune at specialty shops, thanks you Baileys for keeping me sawing....

Yeah, they are really good folks.

They even offered to back up a 044BB kit failure that I bought on ebay. I didn't even buy it from them, yet they were willing to step in and help if I wanted it.

That's pretty damn cool..:clap:

Yeah, they are really good folks.

They even offered to back up a 044BB kit failure that I bought on ebay. I didn't even buy it from them, yet they were willing to step in and help if I wanted it.

That's pretty damn cool..:clap:
That is very cool!

I once had similar service from Lie-Neilsen Toolworks, Thomas Lie-Neilsen replaced a spokeshave for free that I bought from a dealer, and broke the handle on for my own fault.

Bailey's certainly falls in the category as a top notch vendor who provides excellent customer service. Very responsive...so much so that I felt they deserved some airplay on here, they provide a lot of parts to many folks on AS...

Cheers,
TT

Bailey' is the best! There products are excellent, as are their prices and customer service. Usually takes 7 days for me to receive an order, but I'm in central NY. 99% of my orders have shipped the same day I place the order. They are extremely helpful, you could not ask to deal with better people.:clap:

For one thing, I always like to patronize companies where the owner is out in the trenches answering questions and fixing problems, an example of that is Rob Lee (Leonard Lee's son) of Lee Valley, and as such I like to patronize them.

Their Veritas lineup of tools is amazing. I frequently get gift certificates, and I'll pick up something for layout or another little tool that I think is a gimmick, but they are all well-crafted and amazing timesavers!

Last month I needed two saws; first tried the local dealer. First call was a half-hour before closing; he was out-of-breath from bringing display equipment inside and asked me to call back the next day. Next day he was with customers; took my number, never called back. Well, I tried to support a local business.

I then emailed Bailey's because the order page was vague about availability of the specific model I wanted. They promptly replied and twice assured me that the saws would be dropped-shipped from the manufacturer in 1 or 2 days. I ordered based on that info; they should have been shipped from Ohio to Florida. When I got the tracking info a week later they were coming from California, thus not dropped shipped. I received them two weeks after ordering.

I expressed my disappointment and Bailey's promptly replied: "I am very sorry. I did put them in that way and do not know how it was changed. Someone must have changed it without notifying me. Again I am very sorry. I have refunded your shipping cost and also sent you out a shirt and hat."

So Bailey's was quick to respond, take responsibility, and do what they could to make things right.

Baileys always gets my business over local saw shops! They are all around great! Even with shipping charges, they are still cheaper to buy from them. What it costs me to drive into town, the cost of shipping is cheaper. Everyone that I run into that owns a saw. I alway recommend baileys to them. Plus they always have sweet deals on bars and chain.

Howdy All,
Thanks for the Kudo's. I passed a link to this thread to everyone here at Bailey's It's a great moral booster. We would also like to thank everyone for their patronage. Here's how.
I pulled some old strings and landed 40 of the XP decals. The first 40 people to get back to me with a previous order number from Bailey's will get a decal. One per customer please. I'll just drop them in a envelope and mail them.
Thanks Again
Regards
Gregg

Latest posts

Back