baileys low profile ripping chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gotcha now. I had seen the pics on cant milling, but not small stuff. I'm not trying to go too thin; maybe 3/4" for 1/2 after planing. Thought about jewelry boxes or something like that.
Did you change your plan on the veneer or change projects ? I wanted to add that a notched bunk is also good to hold a slab or cant for resawing . I'm not sure that you need 3/4" or 1/2" for jewelry boxes .

Last edited:
Thanks for the link. Sorry I wasn't clearer on the useage. I'm planning to use the slabs for a tabletop and hopefully make some thin slices from the round cutoffs. There's still a lot of good wood in the slices I made to square the cants, and a lot of burls as well. I just don't want to waste it. That's the veneer I'm talking about. I must've been tired when I wrote the other post. I've been thinking about beefing up the motor on the shop bandsaw for some time anyway, though. I had never thought about using the ripsaw to resaw, though. Anybody use one on a carriage??

"lo-pro" chain

I'm using carlton's lo-pro .365 on a 32" 050 3/8 bar mounted on a 3120 w/ported muffler and un-EPA'ed carb. It wails away just fine. A friend and myself
launched into a 14" black birch log this past weekend with great success and
that baby was WELL frozen. O' yeah, used an 8 tooth on the above rig.

Back