Baileys Shipping

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There was a thread about slow shipping from Baileys not too long ago. Several had experienced less than stellar shipping times. I just got my last order in very short order. I placed the order Saturday night, it shipped Monday, and I received it today in Ohio. Hard to beat that. The trick was to select USPS Priority Mail as the shipping method. Good job Baileys!

I have had the same experience. The first time I ordered from there I used UPS and it was more expensive and it took forever. I have since been using USPS and it seems to be cheaper and a whole lot quicker.

Never had a problem with baileys. I buy everything from them. I dont really like the local dealers around here so they get my money.

Another good place is Chainsawr.com that guy that runs that place is awesome and i always get my parts extremely fast!

I have an order I need to place shortly and I will report back on the "stellar" shipping. I've never been impressed with the ship times on anything I have ordered, I've even paid extra knowing how long it takes and it still was almost a week. It seems the bottle neck is the time frame from order to order processing. I like Bailey's and all but if I know I need it sooner than a week I look elsewhere first.

I will try USPS on this shipment and see if it is better.

I have an order I need to place shortly and I will report back on the "stellar" shipping. I've never been impressed with the ship times on anything I have ordered, I've even paid extra knowing how long it takes and it still was almost a week. It seems the bottle neck is the time frame from order to order processing. I like Bailey's and all but if I know I need it sooner than a week I look elsewhere first.

I will try USPS on this shipment and see if it is better.

+1 on that I made an order monday and it will be at my house next monday, it was ups. I will have to try USPS next time and see what happens.

well usps just took 15 days to get something to the west with priority mail:msp_sneaky::msp_sneaky:. so its not always the fastest method. :bang::bang:

Detailed Results:
  • Delivered, July 20, 2011, 2:13 pm, FORT JONES, CA 96032
  • Out for Delivery, July 20, 2011, 9:33 am, FORT JONES, CA 96032
  • Sorting Complete, July 20, 2011, 9:23 am, FORT JONES, CA 96032
  • Arrival at Unit, July 20, 2011, 8:09 am, FORT JONES, CA 96032
  • Acceptance, July 05, 2011, 5:32 pm, LOUISVILLE, KY 40221

Class: Priority Mail®
Service(s): Insured
Signature Confirmation™
Your item was delivered at 2:13 pm on July 20, 2011 in FORT JONES, CA 96032. The item was signed for by J REYNOLDS.

My experience with Baileys has been excellent.

Only complaint is that their website is notoriously unreliable about whether an item is in stock.

USPS priority mail is a great choice for small parts that fit in a flat rate box. I'm glad to see Bailey's offering it. It's good for us, and it's good for USPS, which needs the business.

Baileys is usually pretty quick on shipping with usps. I always choose that option for my orders. I can usually get stuff in 3-4 days from them.

Obviously its going to take longer to get up here, but I have actually always been very pleased with shipping time from Baileys.

The only thing that sort of sucks is that the cost is high for small things. It seems like it doesnt matter if its one sprocket or 3 bars and a pair of chaps, shipping cost is always about $20 to me. Not that im complaining, the cost is very reasonable on larger orders, it just doesnt make much sense for 1 or 2 small items...or at least thats what I keep telling my wife so that I can order more each time :p

I just placed an order on thursday night at about 11pm, got notice on sat that it shipped and it will be here fri. I don't think that is to bad from one coast to the other ups ground.

I just placed an order on monday and got half of it today! Fast shipping but the other half of my order is on backorder.:bang:

I ordered a Fiskars X27 on-line Monday at about 1 PM. Bailey's didn't ship UPS 'til Tuesday. For some reason, UPS decided to take it from Sacramento all the way to Vernon, before getting it back up to me in San Luis Obispo.

Bottom line, not too thrilled that Bailey's took a day to ship it, and then UPS decided to route it an extra 500 miles or so. I expected to receive it Tuesday or Wednesday, but it won't be here until today.

Cali to New England seems to take about a week regardless.

USPS works well sometimes, but other times it seems like your package can be in limbo for weeks. I did a saw swap with someone on here over the winter, mine got there (to MN) in like 4 days, his, shipped on the same day, showed up like 16 days later.

They have some sort of broken down shell of a tracking system which they can see over the phone if you call them but you can't.

My UPS guy is the man and takes care of me when I need to sign for stuff and am not home, etc, whereas USPS delivers my #### to the wrong house half the time.

I am a little disappointed in Bailey's prices of late though. The loops of chain, even the house brand stuff, are $$$ compared to what they used to be. I'm at the point where I can get RSC locally for less than woodland pro! Files and other stuff are way up too. Basically, the only thing they have a real edge on price wise are their blowout bars. Everything else is about equal or cheaper locally, especially when I factor in shipping.

I've been ordering from Baileys since the late 70's. Never had a problem. Back then everything came out of Laytonville, Ca.

That thread was moved over to the Baileys sponsor section. It all depends on the weight and size of what is being sent. I will assure you you don't want to send a 660 through the USPS. I did for about 60 bucks.

The USPS is extremely good in some areas and in other areas it can be awful

UPS is more consistent throughout the USA.

Latest posts

Back