Bandit 2250xp grinder, what are ur thoughts...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed that also, when looking at grinding video's they allways seem to be grinding
either rotted or small stumps, believe me the 2150xp is a great stump grinder for a
38 hp machine, i have done about 250 stumps with mine so far..

By the way i paid 19300, not much over the 2250 price..

Bob...:cheers:

LOL, so its not just me!
Bob, thanks for the info

I agree, I may trade up to a larger unit eventually. The small 2250 will do the large stumps, it just takes more time and does bog down. I bet the 44hp would be a real nice unit. Good luck

jr, all your info helps much, thanks for posting, keep me up dated on your 2250xp

Blakleynsr

Blake, did they tell you a date it will be avalible and price on the new 2550xp??

Yes on the price and no on the date of availability.

I'm somewhat frustration with business dealings in general. Just like they do on gas saving cars. They over charge you because its a gas saver eating up almost all the saving you could possible save up front and hope that the car does develop and serious problems. Same on the stump grinder, yes there are no belts and low maintenance but they charge more for the machine because of that, eating up the projected saving of owning one of these machines. Either way you will pay. Belts or no belts, you will pay for belts if they are there or not there.

Email me at [email protected] and I will load up the price quote sent to me on all the different engine combinations.

I'm somewhat frustration with business dealings in general. Just like they do on gas saving cars. They over charge you because its a gas saver eating up almost all the saving you could possible save up front and hope that the car does develop and serious problems. Same on the stump grinder, yes there are no belts and low maintenance but they charge more for the machine because of that, eating up the projected saving of owning one of these machines. Either way you will pay. Belts or no belts, you will pay for belts if they are there or not there.

Email me at [email protected] and I will load up the price quote sent to me on all the different engine combinations.

We paid $17,000 for our 2250, dealer told us a new 2150 with the 38hp would be $23,000, and they would have to order the 2150 which could be two months before it arrived. They did have a used 2150 that had been their rental unit for a few years for around $14,000. Price and availability was a major factor in our decision too.

We paid $17,000 for our 2250, dealer told us a new 2150 with the 38hp would be $23,000, and they would have to order the 2150 which could be two months before it arrived. They did have a used 2150 that had been their rental unit for a few years for around $14,000. Price and availability was a major factor in our decision too.

Looks like dealer was giving u the run-around....i paid 19300 for my 2150xp brand new,
38hp kohler and they gave me 3500 for my used 252 which i only paid 4000 for and used
for 2 years, so overall i thought a very good deal...

Blakley, I will shoot you and email,
thanks

Some of you obviously never saw the Bandit 3400. I got completely screwed by them on this and had to get a lawyer to make the dealer take it back.

Rick's Tree Service LLC Bandit Stump Grinder - YouTube

I am sure Bandit threw that 3400 on the market and never did any type of long term reliability testing. They don't offer it any more and act like it never happened!!!

If you think getting rid of the belts = no maintenance I would disagree.

Bandit and the GA dealer (now out of business) touted this as the greatest thing ever. Once the wheel drive blew up 3 times everybody tried to run from their responsibility. Now it is like dejavu all over again. When the bearings go out in that hydraulic motor - what do you think that is going to cost??

If I was going to buy a small hydro it would be the Toro with the 38HP on tracks - at least Toro might stand behind it - I know Bandit won't!

I guess time will tell.

blakleynsr

blakley, i will shoot you and email,
thanks

here are the prices of the 2550xp with the different engine combination and options. Drop the options drop the cost of the machine. ***note these are my quotes, you maybe able to get a better deal than i can. One thing i forgot to inquire about was if a backfill blade would come with this model. It doesn't matter they will probably just charge more.

Take care

model 2550xp..........................20,000.00
*kubota 44.2 engine...............10,050.00
four wheel drive.....................1,425.00
tac & hour meter........................215.00
hydro pres chk sys....................265.00
wireless remote......................4,925.00
greentooth kit...........................495.00
total unit price.....................37,373.00
5% discount............................1,868.75
dealer prep................................400.00
unit price...............................35,906.25
ga tax 7%................................2,513.44
freight/shipping.........................600.00
customer total.....................39,019.69

model 2550xp........................20,000.00
*kohler 38hp engine..............2,995.00
four wheel drive..................1,425.00
tac & hour meter.....................215.00
hydro pres chk sys.................265.00
wireless remote...................4,925.00
greentooth kit........................495.00
total unit price..................30,320.00
5% discount..........................1,516.00
dealer prep..............................400.00
unit price............................29,204.00
ga tax 7%.............................2,044.28
freight/shipping......................600.00
customer total..................31,848.28

model 2550xp.......................20,000.00
*briggs & stratton 35hp......2,895.00
four wheel drive..................1,425.00
tac & hour meter.....................215.00
hydro pres chk sys..................265.00
wireless remote....................4,925.00
greentooth kit.........................495.00
total unit price....................30,220.00
5% discount...........................1,511.00
dealer prep................................400.00
unit price...............................29,109.00
ga tax 7%................................2,037.63
freight/shipping........................600.00
customer total.....................31,746.63

Blakley, awesome, thanks for posting prices with options!!!

Wow, didnt think remote would cost that much...ouch!!..lol...but would want it for sure.

blakleynsr

Blakley, awesome, thanks for posting prices with options!!!

Wow, didnt think remote would cost that much...ouch!!..lol...but would want it for sure.

You're welcome. I think the best option would be to go with the 38hp kolher because the 44.2 kubota cost too much.

Take Care

I think you will be disappointed with the performance of this machin. The hydraulics on the wheel motor eat a BUNCH of HP. I had a big Bandit 2900T. I also have owned a belt-drive Carlton 7015TRX. The Bandit engine was a good bit larger in HP, but the Carlton with the belt drive way outperformed the Bandit.
If you buy one of these little hydraulic wheel machines, get all the HP you can buy on it. you will need all of it, and more.
I am not an engineer, but I know for a fact that a hydraulic motor drive, will consume a lot more HP than a properly designed belt drive system. My GUESS is that you will lose 10HP or so in that wheel motor, and, that is HP that will not be available at the cutting tips where you need it.
I suggest demos on a belt drive and on a hydro drive, with machines having the same size engine, if at all possible.
Jeff

blakleynsr

I think you will be disappointed with the performance of this machin. The hydraulics on the wheel motor eat a BUNCH of HP. I had a big Bandit 2900T. I also have owned a belt-drive Carlton 7015TRX. The Bandit engine was a good bit larger in HP, but the Carlton with the belt drive way outperformed the Bandit.
If you buy one of these little hydraulic wheel machines, get all the HP you can buy on it. you will need all of it, and more.
I am not an engineer, but I know for a fact that a hydraulic motor drive, will consume a lot more HP than a properly designed belt drive system. My GUESS is that you will lose 10HP or so in that wheel motor, and, that is HP that will not be available at the cutting tips where you need it.
I suggest demos on a belt drive and on a hydro drive, with machines having the same size engine, if at all possible.
Jeff

I thank you so much for that information. I want the most bang for the buck and I was still leaning toward the belt driven machine. Now I know exactly what to do. Again Thanks

Some of you obviously never saw the Bandit 3400. I got completely screwed by them on this and had to get a lawyer to make the dealer take it back.

I am sure Bandit threw that 3400 on the market and never did any type of long term reliability testing. They don't offer it any more and act like it never happened!!!

If you think getting rid of the belts = no maintenance I would disagree.

Bandit and the GA dealer (now out of business) touted this as the greatest thing ever. Once the wheel drive blew up 3 times everybody tried to run from their responsibility. Now it is like dejavu all over again. When the bearings go out in that hydraulic motor - what do you think that is going to cost??

If I was going to buy a small hydro it would be the Toro with the 38HP on tracks - at least Toro might stand behind it - I know Bandit won't!

I guess time will tell.

bigstump, sorry to here you had trouble with bandit, I hope this is a rare case.....

Jeff

Mowingman, thats good info on the hydrostat....sounds like belts are the way to go for now......

I know and that is my plan.

After a couple dozen stumps with my 2250, I'm wishing I would have bought a 2150. Its fine for small stumps it just bogs down too much on larger stumps and its taking way too much time. I'll be trying to trade it in for the 2150, or maybe a 2550. I also had a small hydro problem where it would grind in reverse and hesitate but the dealer fixed it. I was real happy with it when I demoed it, and for the first few stumps, but thumbs down for the 2250 now.

After a couple dozen stumps with my 2250, I'm wishing I would have bought a 2150. Its fine for small stumps it just bogs down too much on larger stumps and its taking way too much time. I'll be trying to trade it in for the 2150, or maybe a 2550. I also had a small hydro problem where it would grind in reverse and hesitate but the dealer fixed it. I was real happy with it when I demoed it, and for the first few stumps, but thumbs down for the 2250 now.

You won't have that problem with the 2150xp, a 30 inch stump 15-20 minutes once u learn how to handle the chips,,,,100 hrs now,,,,only problem i had was with the dual wheels, when i tried to take them off the bolt galled up and had to be cut off, wouldn't even budge with a 1 inch drive air gun,,,,reported the problem to the dealer and bandit immed sent me the new updated dual wheel setup, much imp over the original, shouldn't be any galling problem,,,,great service from the dealer and the factory,,,,,would highly recommend the 2150xp...

You won't have that problem with the 2150xp, a 30 inch stump 15-20 minutes once u learn how to handle the chips,,,,100 hrs now,,,,only problem i had was with the dual wheels, when i tried to take them off the bolt galled up and had to be cut off, wouldn't even budge with a 1 inch drive air gun,,,,reported the problem to the dealer and bandit immed sent me the new updated dual wheel setup, much imp over the original, shouldn't be any galling problem,,,,great service from the dealer and the factory,,,,,would highly recommend the 2150xp...

Thanks for the info Bob, I'm gonna talk to our dealer tomorrow on upgrading to the 2150. It sounds like you have had great luck with it, and many others too! I just don't want to spend the $23,000 for a new 2150, but it'll be worth it in the long run.:cheers: too

blakleynsr

Thanks for the info Bob, I'm gonna talk to our dealer tomorrow on upgrading to the 2150. It sounds like you have had great luck with it, and many others too! I just don't want to spend the $23,000 for a new 2150, but it'll be worth it in the long run.:cheers: too

I figured the hydro machine wouldn't perform as well. Is there anyone out there running the kohler 27hp com pro engine on their stump grinder? If so tell me how it performs. I contemplating on purchasing a sp4012 with the 27hp kohler engine. It seem a little small for stump grinding.

The 27 Kohler is too small for the 4012. It might be ok for small stuff, say soft wood stumps under 18" dia. bigger, harder stumps will just take you forever. The big block gas engines with 30+ HP are better, but suck fuel at an alarming rate. The mininum I would recommend on the 4012 is the 44HP Kubota diesel. A smaller Kubota diesel is offered, but for just a little more money, you can get the 44hp Kubota on it.
I bought the 4012 with the 44HP Kubota and am very happy with it. Due to last years drought, I am now grinding larger stumps than I have ever been called to grind around here. Handles everything with ease, no serious bogging.
Jeff

blakleynsr

The 27 Kohler is too small for the 4012. It might be ok for small stuff, say soft wood stumps under 18" dia. bigger, harder stumps will just take you forever. The big block gas engines with 30+ HP are better, but suck fuel at an alarming rate. The mininum I would recommend on the 4012 is the 44HP Kubota diesel. A smaller Kubota diesel is offered, but for just a little more money, you can get the 44hp Kubota on it.
I bought the 4012 with the 44HP Kubota and am very happy with it. Due to last years drought, I am now grinding larger stumps than I have ever been called to grind around here. Handles everything with ease, no serious bogging.
Jeff

Thanks alot. That was some very good info. I almost made a huge mistake in getting one. I'm just going to wait and get the sp4012 with the 44hp kubota engine. That way I won't have to worry about upgrading and trying to sell that small grinder. By the way which do you recommend with the 44hp kubota engine, the carlton sp4012 or the bandit 2450xp? Which do you think if the better made machine?

I did extensive demos with a couple of 2540 machines. Check back a couple of months for my posts, comparing the 2450 with the 4012. I bought the 4012 and it is great.
Jeff

Latest posts

Back