Bandit 2250xp grinder, what are ur thoughts...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OLD MAN GRINDER

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Has anybody had a chance to demo the new bandit 2250xp hyd drive grinder??
If not what are ur thoughts on this machine, i kind of like the idea of not having to
mess with belts etc, also like the idea of the 50" swing, compared to my 252...

Any info would be appreciated..

Bob...:cheers:

bandit 2250 demo

Has anybody had a chance to demo the new bandit 2250xp hyd drive grinder??
If not what are ur thoughts on this machine, i kind of like the idea of not having to
mess with belts etc, also like the idea of the 50" swing, compared to my 252...

Any info would be appreciated..

hello, I just demoed a new 2250 and was impressed so much I am buying it. I've used a 252 and this unit smokes it, performance and stability. We ground out a fresh ash stump about 22 inches in diameter. I also demoed a used bandit 2150 on this stump and really liked the 2250 more. The 2150 has alot of balls but not as smooth as the new 2250. I'll put alot of hours on it in the next few months so will review this new unit later this summer. Bandit smokes vermeer in products and customer service too. I'll be buying a bandit chipper when I sell my vermeer bc1400 too.

Any early impressions on the 2250? What engine did the 2150 that you compared it to have on it, 27hp?
Thanks

Stumper63

Any early impressions on the 2250? What engine did the 2150 that you compared it to have on it, 27hp?
Thanks

Stumper63

hello, We have put about 9 hours on it and I like it. The 2150 had a 37hp, it was used unit and I think it had some dull teeth or something. But the 2250 was brand new. It was way quieter, smoother, and smaller and brand new for only $3000 difference in price so that's why I went with it. Production will be better with the 2150 with good teeth I'm sure. We got a cat sg16 for our skidloader for front yard trees and it works sweet. I think the new 2150 is around $23000 and the new 2250 was $17000. The unit used 2150 we demoed was at ditch witch omaha NE for $13,900. I think this 2250 will be a good unit for doing small to medium sized stumps, and an occasional large stump and will offer low maintenance since its all hydraulic.
Jay

I can't believe a 2250 with 27HP will out grind a 2150 with 37HP. Something must have been seriously wrong with the 2150!!

You can take a Rayco 1672M and out grind the 1672DXH easily - same thing has to apply here.

The 2250 can't really have any more power than the mini skid mount grinders - 25HP Hydros - and they are not good

I can't believe a 2250 with 27HP will out grind a 2150 with 37HP. Something must have been seriously wrong with the 2150!!

You can take a Rayco 1672M and out grind the 1672DXH easily - same thing has to apply here.

The 2250 can't really have any more power than the mini skid mount grinders - 25HP Hydros - and they are not good

yes i agree, It won't out grind the 2150 but I chose it because it was a nicer machine for the money and for my use. The 2150 might of had dull teeth, I liked the 2250 and still do but its still new. I like out cat mounted stump grinder more, its fast and easy to operate. Our cat is 80hp and flow rate is 22 gpm, works pretty good. 2250 is nice for small to medium sized stumps and feel I'd be grinding for hours on a 40+ inch stump but that's what our bigger grinder is for. This 2250 is way better than the vermeer 252.

blakleynsr

yes i agree, It won't out grind the 2150 but I chose it because it was a nicer machine for the money and for my use. The 2150 might of had dull teeth, I liked the 2250 and still do but its still new. I like out cat mounted stump grinder more, its fast and easy to operate. Our cat is 80hp and flow rate is 22 gpm, works pretty good. 2250 is nice for small to medium sized stumps and feel I'd be grinding for hours on a 40+ inch stump but that's what our bigger grinder is for. This 2250 is way better than the vermeer 252.

I spoke with a bandit rep yesterday and she informed me that they make this Bandit Model with the Hydrostatic Direct-Drive in a variety of engines, anywhere from the kohler 35, 38, and the kubota 35 and 44.2 diesel. Its call the Bandit 2550xp. Its very pricy.

I spoke with a bandit rep yesterday and she informed me that they make this Bandit Model with the Hydrostatic Direct-Drive in a variety of engines, anywhere from the kohler 35, 38, and the kubota 35 and 44.2 diesel. Its call the Bandit 2550xp. Its very pricy.

The bandit 2250 only comes with a 27 hp kohler but there are bigger models that have those engine choices. I'd guess that those machines would range anywhere from $23K-$40K. A new 2250 is around $17K. If I ground stumps 5 days a week, and large stumps mainly, the 2250 wouldn't have been my choice, I would have got a larger unit. I had a minor hydraulic problem but Ditch Witch fixed it right away, otherwise we like this unit alot. I don't know anything about the 2250xp.

blakleynsr

The bandit 2250 only comes with a 27 hp kohler but there are bigger models that have those engine choices. I'd guess that those machines would range anywhere from $23K-$40K. A new 2250 is around $17K. If I ground stumps 5 days a week, and large stumps mainly, the 2250 wouldn't have been my choice, I would have got a larger unit. I had a minor hydraulic problem but Ditch Witch fixed it right away, otherwise we like this unit alot. I don't know anything about the 2250xp.

Those larger units as you referred to is called the 2550xp. Which features the wireless remote, 4x4 and larger engines up to the 44.2 kubota turbo and you're just about right on the price. Thanks for the info.

Those larger units as you referred to is called the 2550xp. Which features the wireless remote, 4x4 and larger engines up to the 44.2 kubota turbo and you're just about right on the price. Thanks for the info.

oh I bet them 2550xp's are real nice. Good luck in your stump grinder shopping or research.

Just looked at Bandit website - didn't see the 2550. If I was going to buy a hydrostat, which I'm not for many reasons (heat, power loss, repair costs,) it would be a Rayco. If anyone knows hydros it is Rayco.

I wouldn't buy anything from anybody that is 1st year out of the gate. Been there, done that, had the headaches - can you say Vermeer SC505!

Whatever happened to that Bandit with the crazy hydro motor right in the middle of the cutterwheel - looked like a star. Why did they abandon that??

I understand the lure of hydros - no belts, bearings, clutch - but if you don't think a hydro pump, or motor is inexpensive you are wrong, and when one goes the contamination takes out the other - I've been that route too. Rayco sells them rebuilt and it will make you cry.

I guess the performance just isn't there for me, unless I buy the big 140HP Rayco tow behind, but that thing is monstrous!

JR, any up date on your 2250XP??

Im looking at getting 2150XP (38hp) or 2250XP, but not sure yet, need to research it for awhile....I hope they will give the option of the 38hp on the 2250xp at some point....

If you got pics or vid post it up...thanks

blakleynsr

JR, any up date on your 2250XP??

Im looking at getting 2150XP (38hp) or 2250XP, but not sure yet, need to research it for awhile....I hope they will give the option of the 38hp on the 2250xp at some point....

If you got pics or vid post it up...thanks

1. The 2250xp is a pretty serious machine and it was designed primarily for the stump grinder beginners and the rental market because of the ease of use and low maintenance cost. It run around 17,000 bucks. You really can't compare a belt driven machine to a hydrostatic drive machine. The way hydros are design their will be a slight power loss. The main point in using a hydro machine is the ease of use and maintenance cost. Don't take me wrong, there is nothing wrong with the belt driven machines. They operate and work very well. What will be the determining factor as to which one you end of getting is; you have to answer this personal question "whats in your wallet?"

2. For now the 2250 will only come with the 27hp kohler. If you want a bigger engine you will have to step up to the 2550xp which will be hitting the market soon and a variety of engines will be offer on this machine. Of course it will cost more money to purchase. Look for bandit to offer the 35hp briggs & stratton, 38hp kohler, 35.1 kubota and the 44.2hp kubota.

I spoke with a bandit rep yesterday and we had an extensive discussion on the NEW HYDROSTATIC DRIVE stump grinders. This link will give you all the spec on the 2250xp: Bandit Industries, Inc.

This link will give you a video of the 2250 in action: Bandit Model 2250 XP Hydrostatic Direct-Drive - YouTube

I hope you find this helpful and take care

yeah the 2250 with the 38hp would be way better. I still like it, its a small stump grinder. If you're doing alot of larger stumps, get the 2150. You'll spend a bit more like 6000-$7000 according to our dealer here but it'll be worth it to ya if you are grinding out large stumps most of the week. We have a larger stumper for our CAT loader so this 2250 works great for the smaller to medium sized stumps. I don't have any pics or video, dam phone cam is busted. good luck with your research

1. The 2250xp is a pretty serious machine and it was designed primarily for the stump grinder beginners and the rental market because of the ease of use and low maintenance cost. It run around 17,000 bucks. You really can't compare a belt driven machine to a hydrostatic drive machine. The way hydros are design their will be a slight power loss. The main point in using a hydro machine is the ease of use and maintenance cost. Don't take me wrong, there is nothing wrong with the belt driven machines. They operate and work very well. What will be the determining factor as to which one you end of getting is; you have to answer this personal question "whats in your wallet?"

2. For now the 2250 will only come with the 27hp kohler. If you want a bigger engine you will have to step up to the 2550xp which will be hitting the market soon and a variety of engines will be offer on this machine. Of course it will cost more money to purchase. Look for bandit to offer the 35hp briggs & stratton, 38hp kohler, 35.1 kubota and the 44.2hp kubota.

I spoke with a bandit rep yesterday and we had an extensive discussion on the NEW HYDROSTATIC DRIVE stump grinders. This link will give you all the spec on the 2250xp: Bandit Industries, Inc.

This link will give you a video of the 2250 in action: Bandit Model 2250 XP Hydrostatic Direct-Drive - YouTube

Blake, good info, thanks for posting it, very helpfull

yeah the 2250 with the 38hp would be way better. I still like it, its a small stump grinder. If you're doing alot of larger stumps, get the 2150. You'll spend a bit more like 6000-$7000 according to our dealer here but it'll be worth it to ya if you are grinding out large stumps most of the week. We have a larger stumper for our CAT loader so this 2250 works great for the smaller to medium sized stumps. I don't have any pics or video, dam phone cam is busted. good luck with your research

jr, thanks, I feel the 38hp would be better, xtra hp's for the hydro-stat, or the 44kabota diesel, mabey it would be better on Large stumps??

I like the idea of less parts to break and lower purchase price, but like said before, the hydrostat needs more hp than the belt drive.

Been watching vids on bandit stump grinders and noticed about every stump was dry and rotted...lol...they need to get some vid of fresh cut stumps..:laugh:

Blake, did they tell you a date it will be avalible and price on the new 2550xp??

Been watching vids on bandit stump grinders and noticed about every stump was dry and rotted...lol...they need to get some vid of fresh cut stumps..:laugh:

I noticed that also, when looking at grinding video's they allways seem to be grinding
either rotted or small stumps, believe me the 2150xp is a great stump grinder for a
38 hp machine, i have done about 250 stumps with mine so far..

By the way i paid 19300, not much over the 2250 price..

jr, thanks, I feel the 38hp would be better, xtra hp's for the hydro-stat, or the 44kabota diesel, mabey it would be better on Large stumps??

I like the idea of less parts to break and lower purchase price, but like said before, the hydrostat needs more hp than the belt drive.

I agree, I may trade up to a larger unit eventually. The small 2250 will do the large stumps, it just takes more time and does bog down. I bet the 44hp would be a real nice unit. Good luck

Latest posts

Back